The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

When Does The Frenzy Start

Saw all I needed to see. Speed to be effective on the rush, ability to make it happen in front of the net, and an accurate shot from the blueline on the powerplay. I like him.

Hamilton's got a scoring touch, there's no doubt about that. But there's a couple things to factor.

Yes, he was playing for Chicago, which means it's quite possible for him to put up much more points than he did.

However, he was also playing in one of the weakest divisions in the league. Which means it's quite possible for him to put up much LESS points that he did.

Hamilton's got a scoring touch, there's no doubt about that. But there's a couple things to factor.

Yes, he was playing for Chicago, which means it's quite possible for him to put up much more points than he did.

However, he was also playing in one of the weakest divisions in the league. Which means it's quite possible for him to put up much LESS points that he did.

But that means he spent 16 games playing the Preds and Wings, so it's possible that he's even better than his numbers.

I'm fine with the Hamilton signing. He did put up 39 points on a crappy Chicago team. He may just do very well here. And i'm all for him if he can be our point guy on the PP cause we need that in a bad way. And if he can actaully score in the SO, well even better.

Interesting on the comment about the Canes after Brad Staurt. Wonder how'd we would make room for him.

Interesting on the comment about the Canes after Brad Staurt. Wonder how'd we would make room for him.

Buy out Hedican.

From TFP

6:30pm - The Maple Leafs continue to kick the tires of Jason Blake and Paul Kariya. It does not appear like they are still in the running for Ryan Smyth, however that can always change. They do want to lock up one of the three and could get something done tonight. Apparently offers have been made to both Blake and Kariya..... On the trade front, the Oilers, who failed to sign Rafalski, are looking to obtain Joni Pitkanen (yes, those rumors again). No word on if a deal is close, however, but the two sides are certainly talking..... In Montreal, the Habs are still trying to get their hands on a top line center and while they may be pursuing Gomez and Drury, there's talk they could be reviving trade talks with San Jose about Patrick Marleau. Just speculation at this point.

I cant see Hedican being bought out. I like him and all, and it would probably benefit the team... but I can't see it. But look at the surprises he's thrown at us today. <_<

I've been hearing rumors that Chris Drury is very close to signing with the Avs... I don't know anything regarding the validity of that statement, but he's either taking a discount (apparently he really like it back when he played with us), the Smyth signing is over, or we're not getting Hannan or Stuart.

I'll go for the first option, please.

People over at the Chicago Blackhawks' message board say Hamilton is a good powerplay and shootout player but not much else. Luckily, the powerplay and shootout is where we need the most help.

I've been hearing rumors that Chris Drury is very close to signing with the Avs... I don't know anything regarding the validity of that statement, but he's either taking a discount (apparently he really like it back when he played with us), the Smyth signing is over, or we're not getting Hannan or Stuart.

Or Colorado will say "screw the salary cap" and sign every player they want.

Or Colorado will say "screw the salary cap" and sign every player they want.

And if Bettman tries to do something, we've got Joe frickin' Sakic. I think the hockey world will side with him any day. :lol:

When did Whitney and Stillman sign with Car? It wasnt right away was it? Maybe there'll be another trick up JR's sleeve.

I cant see Hedican being bought out. I like him and all, and it would probably benefit the team... but I can't see it. But look at the surprises he's thrown at us today. <_<

I agree. I don't see anyone being bought out. Karmanos would still have to pay, and this isn't exactly a huge market where he can go around and buy everyone out without worrying about getting the money back.

I agree. I don't see anyone being bought out. Karmanos would still have to pay, and this isn't exactly a huge market where he can go around and buy everyone out without worrying about getting the money back.

I don't really see it either, but one can hope. It's not that I don't like Hedican, I just have almost zero confidence in the fact he'll be healthy enough for the season.

N&O report on our new Cane:

Canes sign center Jeff Hamilton

From staff reports

RALEIGH - The Carolina Hurricanes' search for a third-line center led them today to forward Jeff Hamilton, the Chicago Blackhawks' third-leading scorer last season.

The 29-year-old Hamilton, who finished with a career-high 39 points last season, agreed to a two-year deal worth $800,000 a season.

"Jeff is a very fast-skating, offensive-minded forward," Carolina general manager Jim Rutherford said in a statement. "He is capable of playing the point on the power play and is a good fit for our system."

Playing the point on the PP I believe is what JR liked about him. We needed to do something there, so just maybe this signing will work out for us.

Looks like the Pitkanen for Lupul and Smith trade has happened.

Atleast my 2nd favorite team is making a BIG splash today. :D

Lupul is going to be a big star for years while Sanderson and Smith are in their twilight years. Edmonton didn't learn the first time they got Janne Niinimaa from Philadelphia and now they have him again in the form of Pitkanen. Aside from paying too much and signing deals that are too long, Holmgren has to be give credit for remaking the Flyer roster in a big, big way.

Lupul is going to be a big star for years while Sanderson and Smith are in their twilight years. Edmonton didn't learn the first time they got Janne Niinimaa from Philadelphia and now they have him again in the form of Pitkanen. Aside from paying too much and signing deals that are too long, Holmgren has to be give credit for remaking the Flyer roster in a big, big way.

Where in the hell is Philly's cap number at this point in time?

Where in the hell is Philly's cap number at this point in time?

I have to think it is right at $50 million now.