The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

When Does The Frenzy Start

Whooo! Nashville's back as a Cup contender!

The Nashville Predators have signed free-agent forward Jed Ortmeyer to a two-year contract worth $1.5-million.

:lol:

The Nashville Predators have signed free-agent forward Jed Ortmeyer to a two-year contract worth $1.5-million.

so is toronto

Forward Bates Battaglia has signed a two-year deal with Toronto worth $650,000 per season.

Oh noes! There goes any chance that we had! :lol:

Yep, we could have had the best barkeep in all of hockey (Bates).

so is toronto

Forward Bates Battaglia has signed a two-year deal with Toronto worth $650,000 per season.

Oh, Toronto... how sad and desperate do you have to be?

IF JR wants a 1/2 D-Man, then who do you think would be dealt for a 1/2 D? With only 1.5 mil (and that's assuming he doesn't go a little over budget either), if he signed a D-Man out of free agency, that wouldn't get a great defencemen with the way the markets going today. And then we'd still have a surplus of D.

Gotta remember JR said that PK will increade the budget if they can "get the guy they want"

Let's just say they want Stuart. They've got $1.5 left to reach the $44 budget. Say Stuart will sign for $3.5. PK can up the budget to $46. There's your $3.5 to sign Stuart.

As far as the surplus defenseman go. You trade for picks or put on waivers.

If JR can get the offensive-defenseman that he wants, he will get him.

IF JR wants a 1/2 D-Man, then who do you think would be dealt for a 1/2 D? With only 1.5 mil (and that's assuming he doesn't go a little over budget either), if he signed a D-Man out of free agency, that wouldn't get a great defencemen with the way the markets going today. And then we'd still have a surplus of D.

Gotta remember JR said that PK will increade the budget if they can "get the guy they want"

Let's just say they want Stuart. They've got $1.5 left to reach the $44 budget. Say Stuart will sign for $3.5. PK can up the budget to $46. There's your $3.5 to sign Stuart.

As far as the surplus defenseman go. You trade for picks or put on waivers.

If JR can get the offensive-defenseman that he wants, he will get him.

yep, I think that is what some here don't understand. JR ain't gonna go out and get some one just so he can say "Hey, look at what I did (flyers and rags)!!". He will get what we need and PK will be ok with it. Bottom line is the right player needs to come along.

The Edmonton Oilers have signed unrestricted free agent center Michael Nylander, according to The Team 1260 radio station in Edmonton.

Apparently TSN online is reporting the following:

Zubrus to Toronto

Nagy and Handzus to LA

Bonk and DeVries to Nashville

According to Eklund Souray should be signed tonight. He has turned down an offer from Montreal and has spoken to Buffalo, Islanders, and San Jose.

Man, the 'Canes need to get back in the game!

And Darn.. Detroit has lost a ton of FAs... :(

We don't need to get back in the game. We have a roster. Technically we only need to fill 1 position while other teams needed to fill 4-5 positions. So of course their gonna be signing like crazy b/c they have to they need to fill a roster.

Don't worry, JR is not done, but don't expect him to do any signings anytime soon. He's gonna wait until teams need to unload cap space cause they went crazy so their either gonna look to trade or buy out contracts. He's gonna sit and wait to see which guy doesn't get signed and if he was a target, then JR will go after them.

Just remember after the lockout, JR waited until like what August to sign Stillman and Whitney and we all know how that turned out. :)

No worries, we have the team that can contend. Just because we haven't gone crazy signing people we already had our team signed, other teams did not.

We don't need to get back in the game. We have a roster. Technically we only need to fill 1 position while other teams needed to fill 4-5 positions. So of course their gonna be signing like crazy b/c they have to they need to fill a roster.

Don't worry, JR is not done, but don't expect him to do any signings anytime soon. He's gonna wait until teams need to unload cap space cause they went crazy so their either gonna look to trade or buy out contracts. He's gonna sit and wait to see which guy doesn't get signed and if he was a target, then JR will go after them.

Just remember after the lockout, JR waited until like what August to sign Stillman and Whitney and we all know how that turned out. :)

No worries, we have the team that can contend. Just because we haven't gone crazy signing people we already had our team signed, other teams did not.

Thats what I said! :lol: But someone mentioned that the lockout didnt end until July 13th, so not much longer after that could we have signed Stiller and Whit in Aug. But hey, I'm sure we'll land Stuart. Just not Yashin!

You had to wait until August due to the end of the lockout. I think this spending frenzy has caused everyone to forget it ever happened.

You are correct in saying the Canes don't need to sign everybody under the rug. On 850 Burnside said the same thing I've been saying about Philly and the Rags and the contracts they signed making it close to impossible for them to manuver over the next four years, and wonders what happens if the cap were to go down next year or the year after.

Nolan signed in Calgary and Regehr signed a 5 year extension. Smolinski signed in Montreal and the kinds got Calder on top of all the other guys they signed.

Sean Hill to Minnesota, possibly....

Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports:

Sean Hill won't be able to play the first six weeks or so of next season, but the longtime NHL defenseman is close to coming home.

Multiple sources confirmed Monday night that the Wild is close to signing the 37-year-old Duluth native to a one-year, incentive-laden contract.

Reached at his North Carolina home, Hill said, "We've definitely had talks and we're getting there, but at this point, I don't want to say anything more and jinx it. But things are moving along good and it's been very positive."

Well when the cap is getting so high the Rangers can afford both Drury and Gomez on top of thier current team its a concern.

The cap is a concern. Weren't the soaring salaries the reason we lost an entire season in '04-'05? Without a huge television contract, the NHL seems to be heading down the same dangerous path it fought to avoid during the lockout.

You got to remember, the cap is based on REVENUE. If the money ain't there then the cap won't rise, if the cap rises without the revenue to support it then the players all have to cough up money at the end of the season.

True, true, true. I forgot about the agreement that has been in place. Thanks, dude.

7:45pm et

The Los Angeles Kings have signed defenceman Brad Stuart to a one-year, $3.5-million contract.

5:15pm et

Eric Belanger has agreed to a three-year deal with the Minnesota Wild worth $5.25 million.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212724&hubname=nhl

Habs sign Kostopoulos

:D This made me laugh. I was talking with Tom not long back about how he doesn't like the Habs, and the Leafs are his team (he grew up in Toronto as a Leafs fan) and next time I see him I will laugh at him, he plays for my Habs now. And I think it's marvolous, he's an awesome guy.

Kevin Weekes has supposedly signed with NJ. Eklund is reporting it as done, have yet to see other confirmation.

But if its true I guess he's looking forward to semi-retirement and playing 10 games backing up Broduer.