The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

When Does The Frenzy Start

The oilers had better not forget that Pitkanen is still an rfa. Someone should put out an offer sheet on him. Wouldn't mind if it was JR. Pitkanen only made $2 million last year if I remember correctly. If he's in the neighbourhood of $1-2 million the compensation would only be a second round pick. $2-3 million and it's a first rounder and a third rounder.

Just thought I'd throw this out here.

Rumor is that Selanne's leaning toward Philly. E4.

Good God...

Philly is seriously trying to stack the deck this year

yep, and the have a lot of cap room.

The oilers had better not forget that Pitkanen is still an rfa. Someone should put out an offer sheet on him. Wouldn't mind if it was JR. Pitkanen only made $2 million last year if I remember correctly. If he's in the neighbourhood of $1-2 million the compensation would only be a second round pick. $2-3 million and it's a first rounder and a third rounder.

Isn't Pitkanen going to arbitration? I know when he was a flyer they were taking him to arbitration. Now that he's an Oiler, are they still going to arbitration or no?

If so, no team can throw an offer sheet at him.

Looks like Philly is trying really hard to get into 'New NHL' mode, and put the crap they called the 06-07 season behind them. I'm actually looking into going to a game in Philly, after what I've heard about their fans, it'll probably be against someone other than the hurricanes........dont want to get killed ;)

Looks like Philly is trying really hard to get into 'New NHL' mode, and put the crap they called the 06-07 season behind them. I'm actually looking into going to a game in Philly, after what I've heard about their fans, it'll probably be against someone other than the hurricanes........dont want to get killed ;)

Actually, you'd be surprised... Most Philly fans actually like the Canes because of Brind'Amour... you wouldn't really have too much of a problem if you went to a game up there

Isn't Pitkanen going to arbitration? I know when he was a flyer they were taking him to arbitration. Now that he's an Oiler, are they still going to arbitration or no?

I'm really not sure if his arbitration carries over to the oilers seeing as it was team-elected arbitration. The flyers wanted to lower his salary. I would think it wouldn't apply to the oilers since it's a new team but I don't really know.

I'm really not sure if his arbitration carries over to the oilers seeing as it was team-elected arbitration. The flyers wanted to lower his salary. I would think it wouldn't apply to the oilers since it's a new team but I don't really know.

I believe he goes to arbitration.

http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?id=349&vid=9414''>http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?id=349&vid=9414' target="_blank">http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?id=349&vid=9414[/post]

And I think what Lowe started may come back and nip him in the butt eventually. And perhaps a lot more teams than he realized. Hopefully, other GM's don't consider throwing that much out there for a RFA.