The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

When Does The Frenzy Start

i am in Eklund's chat room, the only caniac representing!! only action so far is Gomez to Philly or Rags for $50mil over 7 years.

Holy crap thats a lot of money

but damn, if he goes to Philly, its scary to think of how good they will be next year

Latest updates from the fourth period:

12:56pm - The LA Kings are pursuing Sheldon Souray and Brad Stuart..... All's quiet on the Daniel Briere front, but it shouldn't be for long. Everyone's pretty tight-lipped, for now, about the 95-point scorer.

12:52pm - Jason Blake and Scott Gomez are very popular men. They've received plenty of interest to this point..... The Capitals are pressing hard to land a top-line center via free agency and have the cash to do so..... Nothing new on the Devils/Brian Rafalski front. As of last night, no offer was made..... The Canadiens apparently made one last-ditch effort to sign Sheldon Souray last night. Whether he's interested in the deal or not, he's still listening to offers.

12:43pm - On the trade front, the Bruins are shopping Glen Murray, while reports suggest the Senators are fielding offers for Wade Redden, both for the purposes of clearing cap space. Personally, I don't see the Sens moving Redden.

i am in Eklund's chat room, the only caniac representing!! only action so far is Gomez to Philly or Rags for $50mil over 7 years.

Do you have to be a Season Ticket Holder to join the chat?

Keep us updated on What Ek is saying. I'm watching the TSN coverage and Pierre just got off the phone and said one is coming to fruitation, wonder if it was the Gomez one. Wonder which on Gomez will go for. I say Rags.

yep, you have to be a season ticket holder but the membership is lifetime i think.

Alright this is what I'm hearing right now:

Gomez is close to signing with either Philly/NYR for the amount stated above

Rafalski is NOT going back to the Devs. He's actually looking more toward the midwest, and one of the teams that is really coming at him hard is the Edmonton Oilers

And then there is this one:

Apparently the PM tease was about Briere signing..... with the Ottawa Senators for 4 years $28 million

Damn I wish TimeWarner offered TSN :(

You can watch the TSN coverage on NHL.com

Did I hear the 3 guys sitting around the computers talking about Briere, Drury, and Gomez at 10mil?

Briere has had 9 offers as well. Has narrowed the teams down to 5.

Teams starting to drop out of bids.

Apparently Philly is in talks with both Gomez and Briere...

Maybe its me, but I would rather them not get either....

I'd rather they get Briere. I think Gomez fits their system better so he'll be a better player for them. Not saying Briere won't be good, but Gomez fits their style more.

I'd rather they get Briere. I think Gomez fits their system better so he'll be a better player for them. Not saying Briere won't be good, but Gomez fits their style more.

That and Gomez is TOUGH... Briere is good, but he's a lil soft

bottom line is this, if they get either, the Flyers are once again a playoff team this upcoming season

There's a rumor circulating that would send Alex Tanguay to Florida for Jokinen.

I don't want Tanguay to go to the Panthers. :(

Makes sense on why Florida wants Todd White.

Although they wanted Kozlov and Olli was supposed to help them get him.

Interesting.