The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

When Does The Frenzy Start

Jeff Hamilton signed a 2-yr deal with Carolina for $800k a year.

JR has something up his sleeve. That's pretty damn cheap, especially when we had $2.3 million to sign.

So you cap people, how much does that leave us with. I'm thinking JR is making a trade for a defenseman.

Those of you wanting JR to make a quick move got your wish. Here's what we got.

Assets: Has plenty of offensive skills for the minor-league level and a nose for the net. Instincts and hockey sense are a big part of his game.

Flaws: Lacks the size and strength to make an impact in the NHL. Must prove he can put up numbers at the highest level.

Career potential: Reserve forward.

That scouting report is a couple years old. He put up quite a bit of points compared to ice-time last season, can play the point on the powerplay and is good in shootouts.

Re-he-he-eallly? I see. This signing has promise then.

He might end up working out for us, we got him fairly cheap and he put up descent stats for a sorry chicago team so maybe if he comes here with better players he might keep geting better, but hey..... can he really do any worse than Big Jo???

I hope we sign someone good soon. Even Florida has jumped into the Free agency pool. I hope we don't just wait for the left overs even though it paid off in the past. The Ducks were already stacked on defense-now they are just greedy signing Schneider. :)

Florida's moves may look good in number but nothing to get worked up over. Their biggest improvement was made with Vokoun.

Anaheim got Schneider because Neidermayer told Burke he is leaning towards retirement. Schneider like SoCal having played for the Kings.

Man, Hamilton or JoVa?

Someone who may be good, but has an equal chance of ending up in Albany...Or....Someone who's show he can play in the NHL, but plays averagely?

Signing Michel frickin' Ouelett is "loading up"? Pittsburgh didn't even qualify him at $550,000.

because they know they won't be able to sign him, then keep their other talent later on

trust me, this kid is good, and its very bad that he went to another SE team

flyers just traded pitkanen to edmonton for lupol and smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

well there goes our chance to get a quality d-man

not exactly, you forgot the rumor about us sending cole to edmonton for pitkanen plus an additional player.

Flyers members said that Joni and Scotty Hartnell werent on the reason for some reason. Guessed Joni was dealt.. now I wonder if Scotty will be traded as well...

flyers just traded pitkanen to edmonton for lupol and smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

well there goes our chance to get a quality d-man

not exactly, you forgot the rumor about us sending cole to edmonton for pitkanen plus an additional player.

Unless we're planning on bringing in a solid winger that'll replace Cole (fat chance on that) I wouldn't do that...

Cole for Pitkanen isn't a good deal for us IMHO

Eklund doesn't say that's the trade. He just says that those are the names involved. That can't be the whole trade, or Philly just picked up over $4M in salary for a team that wants to salary dump.

TFP thinks Smyth to Avs for approx. 5 yr / 6 Mil per season. And Canes on the pursuit of Brad Stuart, as are the Kings.