The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

So what do you think it'll take to get Staal from Pitts?

Right now, it looks like it's gonna be hard. However, soon, all those rookie stars that Pittsburgh's got are gonna start asking for more money.

And out of Crosby, Fleury, Malkin, and Staal, J. Staal looks like the odd man out.

Eventually Pittsburgh is going to have to get rid of one of the young stars. There is no way that they are going to be able to keep all of those guys, AND stay under the salary cap. I think it could be Staal, but I also think that Malkin might be the one to leave also. I would love to get either one of those guys on our team, but we would have to give up a lot of talent to get them.

Somehow, we may not have to give anyone up, but 1st rounders for the rest of our lives might be scarce.

I think they'll keep Malkin over Staal, but you can bet there will be a LOT of bidders on Jordan.

We had our chance to draft Marc, then we coulda traded JJ for him, but now the only way we get another Staal is if we draft Jared. And hopefully we would only get pick that high because of a trade, and not by sucking again.

I hate to bring it up. But I bet the Cane's could've traded Jack johnson (Crosby's best buddy) for Jordan staal somehow at the beginning of the season if they wanted to, or they could've maybe traded for defensemen Marc staal on the Rangers.

Anyways now, there is no chance they can get Jordan until he's a free agent in 7 years from now.

It would be great having Jordan and Eric on the same team.. but I don't know if we can get him, well not any time soon. Maybe later on. He is going to be a GREAT player.

It'd either spur Eric on, or divide the team straight down the middle. That's the danger of having brothers on the same team.

we would also lose our team identity, instead of the Hurricanes we will become known as the Carolina Staals!! Not a good thing, would work against all the hard work done by folks named Ron Francis, Rod Brind 'Amour, etc. This really is nothing more than a "puckbunny" idea (having both Staal brothers on our team). Eric will get all the push he needs if his bro's start racking up the points and passing him.

It'd either spur Eric on, or divide the team straight down the middle. That's the danger of having brothers on the same team.

we would also lose our team identity, instead of the Hurricanes we will become known as the Carolina Staals!! Not a good thing, would work against all the hard work done by folks named Ron Francis, Rod Brind 'Amour, etc. This really is nothing more than a "puckbunny" idea (having both Staal brothers on our team). Eric will get all the push he needs if his bro's start racking up the points and passing him.

I agree. As I am watching team canada in the IIHC, all they talk about is the Staals. And what do most people know about Vancouver Canucks other than that they have Swedish twins on their team. The staal brothers get enough attention while they are playing on different teams and Eric doesnt need anymore attention bc i think the only reason why he didnt Produce as much this season is because of all the attention that he got the past season.

Again, the flawed comparison between having the Staals on the same team and having the Sedin twins on the same team appears.

The reason why the Sedin twins get so much coverage is, up until they aquired Luongo, the Sedin twins WERE the Canucks. The difference is, if we did aquire both Staals, we'd still have star players like Brindamour/Cole/Williams/Ward/etc. So we wouldn't become the Carolina Staals, at least, not in the same way that Vancouver became the Sedin Twins Show.

And Staal may have lost some of his edge over this season, but you have to remember that the man who set up his 100-point season (Stillman) was out for most of the season. That's got to be a factor in his 30 point loss.

Bottom line is we don't need the Staal family, the Staal we have is just fine and if his bro's are putting up the points elsewhere then he is going to be just as motivated as if they were playing here. If our team really sucked and we needed the help then ok but that isn't our issue.

It never was the original issue. The original issue was whether or not we could get J. Staal from Pitts. To say we don't need him is foolish, because he's a good player, and every team could use another good player.

It never was the original issue. The original issue was whether or not we could get J. Staal from Pitts. To say we don't need him is foolish, because he's a good player, and every team could use another good player.

Yeah, I don't recall any team complaining they have too much depth.

I'll be honest with you then. I grew up with the Flyers, so I like Jordan better, because when he hits people, they fall down. He also seems to win more draws. Eric's great, and I know he was a 100 point man. But he doesn't kill penalties well, and his brother does. If he's not scoring, he's not doing a whole lot of anything. Jordan just seems more multi-use than Eric.

I'll be honest with you then. I grew up with the Flyers, so I like Jordan better, because when he hits people, they fall down. He also seems to win more draws. Eric's great, and I know he was a 100 point man. But he doesn't kill penalties well, and his brother does. If he's not scoring, he's not doing a whole lot of anything. Jordan just seems more multi-use than Eric.

good point, maybe we can trade staals.

*snigger* Actually, I don't see that happening, but I'd like to see Williams play on a line with Jordan and see how that affects his numbers, because he seems to like playing with a big, strapping center there.