The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

Scotty Walker... best figher the Canes have ever had?

are we including the entire franchise history here? 'cause you could never forget the man himself Gordie Howe

I said Canes history, not Canes/Whalers history

quite honestly, I could not care less about the Hartford part of this franchise's past

are we including the entire franchise history here? 'cause you could never forget the man himself Gordie Howe

quite honestly, I could not care less about the Hartford part of this franchise's past

Don't you mean you could care less? :)

Don't you mean you could care less? :)

noooo... saying you could care less would imply that I could, in fact, care less about the Hartford Whalers when in fact, I don't care at all about them... hence, I could not care any less than I already do about them

I have said all all along that Scotty was the best trade we have ever made. I love his love for the game and the spirit he brings to each game. He will talk trash and can make good decisions to fight or just get hit and get the power play.

I have always wondered if I got a jersey with a name who would it be. I like everyone on our team but Scotty would be the man. SO glad we got him to sign and look forward to seeing him play this year.

GO SCOTTY!

I agree, the first time I saw him on the ice I liked the guy. He had a spark that I saw the team missing... Glad he signed and I hope he stays healthy with us. Counting the days till game 1...

I have said all all along that Scotty was the best trade we have ever made. I love his love for the game and the spirit he brings to each game. He will talk trash and can make good decisions to fight or just get hit and get the power play.

I have always wondered if I got a jersey with a name who would it be. I like everyone on our team but Scotty would be the man. SO glad we got him to sign and look forward to seeing him play this year.

GO SCOTTY!

I agree, the first time I saw him on the ice I liked the guy. He had a spark that I saw the team missing... Glad he signed and I hope he stays healthy with us. Counting the days till game 1...

Agreed. Put simply, the guy's got heart, which you couldn't say about a lot of the guys last year. However you look at it, be it him for Vasicek or eventually him for Belanger, he was a steal. A jersey with his name on it is tempting.

Don't get me wrong... I like Scott Walker as much as the next guy... he's definetly the best fighter on our team now.

BUT I do think that you guys are underestimating Boulerice. I know he had that nasty KO, but seriously, the Bull had some pretty sick fights: Scott Thornton, Ryan VandenBussche, Darcy Hordichuk, Scott Parker, Stephen Peat, Chris Neil, just to name a few. You can make fun of the way the guy skates/plays, but he was definetly a tough fighter, and he stood up for his team.

I have to agree! I spoke with Jesse a few times in public and he is a very nice guy. He played hard and took the punches for the team when needed. I really hate that he could not compete at the NHL level. When he was sent to the AHL, I was hoping he would improve and make it back but it seems like no such luck.

I sure hope he can continue to play, at least at the AHL level, and be called up for which ever team he lands on. You have to like a guy that will sacrifice his body for the team.

Thanks Jesse!

We only signed him for 1 year last year. In other words he's a free agent. I really hope we sign him. He had a good season in Albany.

He only played 16 games all year so I doubt they're interested in re-signing him. Especially with the number of guys we've already signed to play in Albany who can throw down. He'd be a waste of a roster spot at this point. Now we need guys there who can score. I wish they'd re-sign Shane Willis.

No mention of Stu Grimson - amazing.

He definitely deserves mention but his best fighting days weren't while he was a Cane. He fought a lot but Langdon was the better fighter while with Carolina, IMO.

No mention of Stu Grimson - amazing.

THANK YOU! At least someone around here has been paying attention since before 2002.

He was nearing the end during his one season in Carolina and wasn't the force that he was elsewhere. It's almost like saying Paul Coffey was the best D-man the Canes ever had. The point being that he wasn't the best while in a Canes uniform.

Seems like he's always on the winning end when he drops the gloves...

I mean, it certainly isn't Boulerice :lol:

No, not Jesse....Stu Grimson maybe though!

Boulerice isn't even close to the best fighter they have had. Although I give it to him he does have heart and will jump right in there.

Just do a search on youtube for Boulerice and watch how many videos he gets his *edit* handed to him.

Boulerice isn't even close to the best fighter they have had. Although I give it to him he does have heart and will jump right in there.

Just do a search on youtube for Boulerice and watch how many videos he gets his *edit* handed to him.

Like the game against the Stars the season before the lockout....one punch....OUT!

I don't know, maybe I missed something, but Gleason is a better fighter than Walker. Gleason absolutely destroyed Shannahan prior to coming over here and he lit up one of the Flyers tough guys this season in defense of Whitney or Williams I believe. Walker is a very good middleweight fighter. My favorite moment was when Archie Irbe laid out someone from the Devils (possibly Turner Stevenson) in the playoffs after one of many Devils cheap shots.

I don't know, maybe I missed something, but Gleason is a better fighter than Walker. Gleason absolutely destroyed Shannahan prior to coming over here and he lit up one of the Flyers tough guys this season in defense of Whitney or Williams I believe. Walker is a very good middleweight fighter. My favorite moment was when Archie Irbe laid out someone from the Devils (possibly Turner Stevenson) in the playoffs after one of many Devils cheap shots.

Gleason is a good fighter. I would hate to go up against either him or Walker. Glad we have both of them and Commadore. Even though many think Commadore laid low last year, he was pulling a lot of weight with Hedican out, Kaberle still feeling the pain, and Wesley out from time to time. I think he will provoke and throw a few punches this year.

It is going to be a very wild season though. All the changes to the rest of the league and the 'Canes remaining pretty much the same. Only time will tell.

You mean this?

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

You mean this?

Yes, that is exactly what I meant. Thank you.

walker is a great fighter but so is gleason...i love the way gleason fights bc he is throwing punches or jabbing the guy in the jaw the entire fight he doesnt give them a chance...but i think walker and gleason are about the same when it comes down to it...

jeeze... why the hostility?? After all without the "hartford" part of the franchise history, well then Ronnie Francis would be just some over the hill, past his prime guy that we picked up as a UFA in his twilight years... (loads of sarcasm there, but do you get my point?)... No Hartford = no Canes. You don't have to dwell on the past to respect history...

Totally agree with you sixnitepkg. The whalers are now the canes. Can't have the canes without them. Whether or not you're a fan of the old team at least respect where we came from.

Totally agree with you sixnitepkg. The whalers are now the canes. Can't have the canes without them. Whether or not you're a fan of the old team at least respect where we came from.

Most people will forget over time that the Canes were once the Hartford Whalers just like most people don't know or have forgotten that the Atlanta Braves used to be the Boston Braves. Yes Boston had two MLB teams...the Sox and the Braves....what, you didn't know that...Here something else you didn't know:

"The franchise that is now the Atlanta Braves, after a 13-year stopover in Milwaukee, is the longest continuously active club in baseball history." and "Babe Ruth hit his final home runs in a Boston Braves uniform in 1935."

Didn't mean to get off left field (no punt intended) but my point is, most people either don't care where their team came from or they would rather forget. Why? For a team to have moved meant one thing, most people didn't care for them to begin with and they did not have enough fan support.

You mean this?

Honestly... Cam pummelling Leighton during the 04-05 bench clearing brawl between Lowell and Norfolk was better... well, at least funnier...