The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Red_Storm

Hurricane License Plates

Now that North Carolina has switched from blue letters and numbers to red letters and numbers for their standard license plates, does anyone know if Cane's specialty license plates now come in red letters? For the Cane's plates, the red obviously would be more fitting than the blue, but I couldn't find any information on-line. If anyone recently got a Hurricane's speciality plate for their car, were the letters still blue?

I should know in a few days, bit the bullet and got a plate that says "C97" - i hope it is read and as long as they are taking it should be hand painted!! LOL

Now that North Carolina has switched from blue letters and numbers to red letters and numbers for their standard license plates, does anyone know if Cane's specialty license plates now come in red letters? For the Cane's plates, the red obviously would be more fitting than the blue, but I couldn't find any information on-line. If anyone recently got a Hurricane's speciality plate for their car, were the letters still blue?

I should know in a few days, bit the bullet and got a plate that says "C97" - i hope it is read and as long as they are taking it should be hand painted!! LOL

How much was it extra to get the special canes plate?

How much was it extra to get the special canes plate?

wait i rechecked it,

its $10-$15 extra, then $30 a year

my total price was $73, i think it is $40 for the custom plate and $10 for the Canes. probably cheaper if you get a canes plate with the next sequential number but i decided to customize mine.

DMV said today that only standard plates will be red, custom/specialty plates will be blue.

DMV said today that only standard plates will be red, custom/specialty plates will be blue.

Does that make since? They said they went to red because the blue was pealing off. Now they are going to keep blue for the custom plates. Oh yea...we are talking about NC DMV. Sounds like something they would do.

Exactly, first in flight means they are air heads!!

Air head is right. dont' belive a word in what the state said about the color of custom/specialty tags

I know because I just got a custom tag (47INGOAL) and the tag is RED as RED can be.

Exactly, first in flight means they are air heads!!

Air head is right. dont' belive a word in what the state said about the color of custom/specialty tags

I know because I just got a custom tag (47INGOAL) and the tag is RED as RED can be.

You heard it hear first, only in the state of NC!!

When I called the DMV about a week ago to ask if the specialized plates were red, they said that ALL the plates are now being issued red. That's what changed my mind about getting a specialized plate.

Guess it depends on who you talk to and what time of day it is as to the answer you will get!! LOL I for one hope I am wrong and I end up with a Red C97 plate.

Looks great!!! :D:D:D I know you're happy that it finally got to you!!

well you know how slow the state can be, i guess the guy that does the "C" finally got back from vacation so they could finish this up.