The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

Canes sign Brookbank

I never heard of him...have to do a little googling.......ok, did that. I don't remember him from the providence bruins either.oh well, he'll be a minor leaguer

Funny thing is, the name Brookbank sounds familiar to me for some reason. Don't know from where I've heard it, but it's been over the last few months.

Maybe you heard the name "Brookbank" in the last few days. Columbus signed Sheldon Brookbank just the other day.

Remember folks the Canes are staffing all of Albany this year (whereas we've shared AHL teams in the past) so look to see alot more signings of "two-way" guys to fill a full roster for Albany.

i hope not. i would hope he would go to the minors sience he only played seven nhl games last season and played the rest in the minors.

Don't worry, he's definetely going to Albany. It's a two way deal and Jason Karmanos announced it. He covers all the minor league signings as was previously said.

Most of these guys the Canes are singing latley like Brookbank and Gillies and them are more then likley players thay want to use down here with us with the River Rats. Players that can fill in here and there if the Canes need someone because of injury.

yeah, but shouldn't they be focusing on our team, not just albany?

They are focusing on our team, what makes you think they aren't? Jason Karmanos deals with Albany while Jim Rutherford handles things for the canes. He's signed us a third line centre and is still looking to acquire another forward and/or defenseman so to say he's not focusing on our team is absurd.

They are focusing on our team, what makes you think they aren't? Jason Karmanos deals with Albany while Jim Rutherford handles things for the canes. He's signed us a third line centre and is still looking to acquire another forward and/or defenseman so to say he's not focusing on our team is absurd.

i'm just saying they've signed a bunch of players to send them to the minors, but only signed one guy, jeff hamilton, who will actually play for the canes without being called up.

i hope not. i would hope he would go to the minors sience he only played seven nhl games last season and played the rest in the minors.

in addition to what other's said, he's the kind of signing that, hey, if he sees an opportunity to bring his game up a notch and really excels in camp/ preseason he could split time as needed and work his way up in the future... it would really be up to him based on performance, but don't look to see them trading away more experienced guys any time soon (but then again this applies to any two - way contract guy)

Most of these guys the Canes are singing latley like Brookbank and Gillies and them are more then likley players thay want to use down here with us with the River Rats. Players that can fill in here and there if the Canes need someone because of injury.

yeah, but shouldn't they be focusing on our team, not just albany?

We technically only have one slot open and Hamilton penciled in. Our main roster is set minus one or two trades JR is working on.

i'm just saying they've signed a bunch of players to send them to the minors, but only signed one guy, jeff hamilton, who will actually play for the canes without being called up.

Stillman - Staal - Cole

Whitney - Brind'amour - Williams

Ladd - Hamilton - Walker

LaRose - Letowski - Adams

Commodore - Kaberle

Gleason - Wallin

Hedican - Wesley

Ward

Grahame

Where do we have room for signings? All that's left is a possible upgrade or two by trade which JR has stated several times he is working on. Give him some time, his job is not an easy one.