The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Cazanes

RBC PARKING

I'm sure they will make changes-but my guess is none or few will be improvements. This past year seemed to be worse than usual-atleast for those of us who like to park on the west side.

Does anyone know if they are planning improvements for the upcoming year. Last year was atrocious. They try to skimp on parking employees, but it comes back costing them $ in the end, b/c alot of people get fed up and dont want to deal with the hassle and come to less games. It seems they want to funnell everyone into a section before opening up the next, instead of having multible ports open. I know our parking situation is better than some cities, but the year of the Cup they had a great system, but have gotten worse

When talking to my ticket rep, they will make few improvements if any. He stated it had been studied to death and is as good as it gets. I don't think it will have any effect on the games, I renewed my ticket plan and though i am not a big fan of the parking situation - I will not be staying home because of it. To avoid it going in just show up early, has worked for me for several seasons. To avoid it going out just leave at the beginning of the third period, granted you will miss the game but gee willikers you won't have any problem leaving.

Thats what baffles, nothing has to be studied, hire more staff, and things will go smooter, just like in the finals when they had overflow crowds, but traffic moved quick b/c they were properly staffed. I hate people leaving in the 3rd specifically to avoid traffic. If traffic was better staffed, people would be there at the start of the game, and fans wouldnt feel like they had to leave early

I'm sure they will make changes-but my guess is none or few will be improvements. This past year seemed to be worse than usual-atleast for those of us who like to park on the west side.

Amen to that! closing off the first west general parking lot when it's half full to accomodate late arrivals is just dense in the extreme... nothing makes people madder than being shunted around to the other side of the stadium then having them open that lot back up 2 cars behind you

Thats what baffles, nothing has to be studied, hire more staff, and things will go smooter, just like in the finals when they had overflow crowds, but traffic moved quick b/c they were properly staffed. I hate people leaving in the 3rd specifically to avoid traffic. If traffic was better staffed, people would be there at the start of the game, and fans wouldnt feel like they had to leave early

it isn't staffing but traffic flow!! they can have twice the man power but if they don't change the method the use getting people in and out then nothing will change.

it isn't staffing but traffic flow!! they can have twice the man power but if they don't change the method the use getting people in and out then nothing will change.

They "claim" that no changes were made but after the cup run they started letting premier parking empty out before letting the first west general parking lot out, prior to that time the two lots had their own lanes and the south lot had to wait... not a huge change but very frustrating for the folks in that first lot to sit until premier is almost empty. (if you don't like it get premier parking) That is the cause of the backups leaving. problems entering are due to holding parking spaces close in for late arrivals... heck, get to the game on time or accept walking from a more distant lot, and quit whinning about it

They "claim" that no changes were made but after the cup run they started letting premier parking empty out before letting the first west general parking lot out, prior to that time the two lots had their own lanes and the south lot had to wait... not a huge change but very frustrating for the folks in that first lot to sit until premier is almost empty. (if you don't like it get premier parking) That is the cause of the backups leaving. problems entering are due to holding parking spaces close in for late arrivals... heck, get to the game on time or accept walking from a more distant lot, and quit whinning about it

Exactly, I show up an hour and a half to two hours before puck drop, have my chairs in the trunk, tailgate until time to go in. I adjust my work schedule based on the game day (make up for it by working later on non-game days or during away games - no traffic issues to the sofa).

I find that showing up at 6 for a 7pm puck drop has 100% gotten me a parking spot right behind premier parking. I went to one game later at like 6:30 last season and got stuck in a mud lot and don't plan on doing THAT again.

There was one major change to parking last year, and that was the 1st west lot was made only Premier parking. That removed about 1/2 parking lot from general parking, and exacerbated an already poor parking situation.

For me the biggest issue is the inconsistency of the traffic flow. I'm a full STH that uses general parking, and arrive at the Edwards Mill Road entrance at the same time in the same traffic lane. Over the course of the season, I've been directed to four different lots, seemingly at the whim of the traffic crew. I"m sure there is some logical order to this, but it's not apparant from my car.

To be fair, I've been to venues that had much worse parking situations than the RBC Center. It's a rare occurence for me to spend more than 30 minutes in line either going or coming, and usually it's much less. Of course I get to the game at least 45 minutes before the start, and I always park close to the exit for the particular lot I'm in.

I usually don't have problems. Of course I like to be there no later than 6:15pm as I like to watch the warmups. On weeknight games I go into work half hour early so I can leave by 4:30pm. We usually head out no later than 5pm, grab something quick to eat (Bojangles or Chic-fil-a) then were headed to the arena no later than 5:30pm so were in a parking spot by 6:15pm. Yeah, I got it down to a science. I put us on a strict schedule game nights. :lol:

As far as leaving, I have the answer to that. You let one car in, then the car behind you let's one car in, etc. I can't count how many times I saw cars just drive by w/o letting a car in. This backs everyone up. Your not going to get on 40 any faster by not letting one car in front of you. And believe me it works. When people are doing this, your out so much quicker.

For me the biggest issue is the inconsistency of the traffic flow. I'm a full STH that uses general parking, and arrive at the Edwards Mill Road entrance at the same time in the same traffic lane. Over the course of the season, I've been directed to four different lots, seemingly at the whim of the traffic crew. I"m sure there is some logical order to this, but it's not apparant from my car.

That's my biggest peeve. I also come in through Edwards Mill. I always get in the far right lane. Sometimes I get East parking sometimes I get West parking. But what really makes me mad is they will let a certain number of cars into one parking lot, then they send a certain number of cars to another parking lot. Well I hate when they stop me and want me to continue to the next parking lot, so if their not standing in my way, I pull into that parking lot anyway. They won't do anything to you but give you a dirty look. :P

That's my biggest peeve. I also come in through Edwards Mill. I always get in the far right lane. Sometimes I get East parking sometimes I get West parking. But what really makes me mad is they will let a certain number of cars into one parking lot, then they send a certain number of cars to another parking lot. Well I hate when they stop me and want me to continue to the next parking lot, so if their not standing in my way, I pull into that parking lot anyway. They won't do anything to you but give you a dirty look. :P

i do that too and give them this look like i don't understand english!!

I've never had a problem getting in or out of the lot. You arrive early and you leave late, and you'll have no problems.

Thats what we did while up there. Got there about an hour before the games, and just chilled and relaxed, and sat back after the game and chit chatted, or went down and got some autographs.

I have said it on this website and I will say it again. Yes, there are some issues with parking but that is what you get when you have 18K plus with cars inside an area of less than a square mile. That is just the way it is. It is not like and will never be like pulling into your local strip center.

I hear people complaining about parking and it just seems like some people (not all) would complain about anything. It is a game with people and cars and it is crowded. Maybe it was worst this year because the attendance has never been that high.

For the most part, I don't have issues and I get there between 6:30 and 7:00 and leave after the game and the announced 3 stars. I have issues if I want to make issues. I have family members that would get all upset at the parking and I just realized the problem was more with them, less with the parking people. (that is not aimed at anyone on this board). They just like to get in their car and yell and scream at anyone in front of them because they were not doing 55 mph.

Maybe because I drive I-40 everyday, I am use to traffic.

We are lucky we don't pay $20 a parking space and have to walk a mile and half like in some cities.

I have said it on this website and I will say it again. Yes, there are some issues with parking but that is what you get when you have 18K plus with cars inside an area of less than a square mile. That is just the way it is. It is not like and will never be like pulling into your local strip center.

I hear people complaining about parking and it just seems like some people (not all) would complain about anything. It is a game with people and cars and it is crowded. Maybe it was worst this year because the attendance has never been that high.

For the most part, I don't have issues and I get there between 6:30 and 7:00 and leave after the game and the announced 3 stars. I have issues if I want to make issues. I have family members that would get all upset at the parking and I just realized the problem was more with them, less with the parking people. (that is not aimed at anyone on this board). They just like to get in their car and yell and scream at anyone in front of them because they were not doing 55 mph.

Maybe because I drive I-40 everyday, I am use to traffic.

We are lucky we don't pay $20 a parking space and have to walk a mile and half like in some cities.

Agreed, years back there was someone on here that use to whine about the price of tickets and parking. After I had really heard enough, I offered to send him two tickets and a parking pass for the game of his choice. Most folks on here would just say thank you, whip out there calendar and pick a date. This individual then started to whine about paying $7 for a beer!!! There are those that just don't appreciate how lucky we are to have a pro team in our city with affordable tickets and season ticket plans!! How many pro teams do you know that will let you pay for your season tickets on the installment plan?? Most want half now and the rest tomorrow!!

As far as leaving, I have the answer to that. You let one car in, then the car behind you let's one car in, etc. I can't count how many times I saw cars just drive by w/o letting a car in. This backs everyone up. Your not going to get on 40 any faster by not letting one car in front of you. And believe me it works. When people are doing this, your out so much quicker.

I'm right there with you on that one. It really pisses me off when I am sitting in a line waiting to move into the flowing lane of trafiic and people keep moving in the flowing lane and sometimes I see them almost run into the back of the vehicle ahead of them to keep anyone from pulling out. If people would use some common sense like you said each car letting one car go in front of them out of each lane, traffic would flow almost continually (until the staff stops the lien to let another line go).

The parking last year was the worst ever.

The 05'-06' regular season wasnt too bad for me actually, but the playoffs and last year were terrible. They seemed to come up with a new traffic pattern every few weeks for no reason. Entering and exiting premier was ridiculous and I cant even to express how happy I am to see paid policemen sitting on their butts in their cars while the traffic locks up.

I give the Canes a 10 for fun.

I give the parking a 1 for its ever amazing ineptitude.

I'd have to agree with you completely, skunk. The lot across Trinity at the edge of the fairgrounds is where I park every time. It's free and the only downside is the ten minute walk. Sometimes it can be a pain (cold, windy, etc.) but at least you're moving for ten minutes and able to get on your way fairly quickly instead of sitting in your car waiting to leave the lot for however long.

Parking has never been a problem as I always come up from Fayetteville early. My gripe is the lack of Porta-Potty's. They had them during the playoff's. Sucks having to walk up to main entrance to get relief. Just a simple gripe. Nevr had anything happen to my truck so I should be gratefull.

I live in Greensboro, so geting there early isn't an option.

The Parking frustrates the heck out of me. I want to park on the west side, so I can head back home after the game, and they keep sending me around AAARRRGGHH!

I drive in from Fayetteville and getting there early isn't always an option....unless you are independently wealthy and don't need a job to pay for the tickets :-)

My family and I chose to do the premier parking because we thought it would help. It does in fact help in getting to the games as we can still get in and park with no problems, but leaving is an absolute nightmare. Most nights we stay inside and chat for 30-45 minutes because the traffic in the premier lot doesn't move. Even once we do get moving, we have to deal with the bottleneck created by the lane closure to let out the dirt lot that exits on Westchase. You have 3 lanes merging into 2 so that that lot can have an exit lane of its own. Personally, I'm not sure why we should have to pay more to sit longer. As it is though, we love to go to the games so we deal with the joke called premier parking. I've resigned myself to getting home after midnight and (knock on wood very loudly) so far my boss hasn't been too upset with how tired I am the days after games!

I live in South Carolina, and when we go to games we stay at a hotel about a mile or two away from the RBC center and just walk there. So parking isn't too big of a problem for us.