The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
goeb

Series Discussion

Injuries starting for Buffalo. How's Hecht's groin. Says he'll play, but ouch, sore groin, won't take but one wrong move and he can be out for the rest of the series. Wonder who else on Buffalo will go out after Hecht.

Eaves possibly coming back this series :). Bench Sapyrkin (sp) and insert Eaves.

Hecht is ok and will play tomorrow night, Lindy let him leave practice early yesterday just to be cautious. If it was anything to be concerned about I bet they wouldn't have even said he had a "tight groin", they would have said "lower body injury." It's just Broken Jochen. He'll be fine.

Buffalo Fans: Is Drew Stafford ever going to play again this year?

He is only 1 of 2 I like on your team and was disappointed to see him scratched the last couple games.

Sure are a lot of hardcore sabre fans here considering Canes fans consider them rivals,lol.

Good question on stafford, I think he's just the young inexperienced guy who's being left out. Too much depth for Buffalo,lol.

Sure are a lot of hardcore sabre fans here considering Canes fans consider them rivals,lol.

Good question on stafford, I think he's just the young inexperienced guy who's being left out. Too much depth for Buffalo,lol.

I believe he was scratched or whatever because Guastadt(sp) came off if IR.

Stafford struggled a little. Maybe it was jitters from being in his first NHL playoffs

But if there's anyone I want to see scratched it's Max. Other then the game-winner versus in game 5 he's been awful. Just like last year, he gets to the playoffs and he's useless.

Maybe Max is nervous too.

But you need him out there, because a goal like the one in game 5, well if he can do that again that's all you might need to win the series. I'd pick Max over Stafford anyways.

I'm cheering for the Sabres on this one (man, I hate the Sens..no kidding)

So if Emery sucks it up, which I dont' think he will, any chance we'll see the Baby food man come out for a game? I mean he did stonewall the Sabres last season during the playoffs, then choked it up again. I don't know just thought I'd throw that out there, I think Emery is a pretty damn good goalie and can probably get it done if the rest of the team does their part, plus the man can fight too, don't you all remember that sadistic look on his face after he kicked Biron's *edit* and was taking on (*edit* bag) Justin Peters

Ottowa in 6. I'm never wrong :)

Seriously, Sens have more balanced scoring in the playoffs. They'll put a lock on Buffalo's only goal scorer (Drury) and that will be it for Buffalo. Miller is better than Emery, lets not kid ourselves.

However, just like last year's playoffs Hecht has pulled a disappearing act, and Max just goes away after he gets hit. What a joke for him to get the game winner in OT vs NY when he was invisible all game. Playoff hockey is very different than Regular season, and Ottowa has the horses for Playoff hockey.

"Ottowa in 6 I'm never wrong" yet Ottawa is spelled incorrect sorry thought that was funny

Mr Emery has already started the trashtalk :D

Emery-"There's nothing to do in Buffalo" That's funny Ray, I remeber Sports Illustrated wrote an entire article on how their is nothing in Ottawa to do but watch hockey back in 2003.

Lindy- "Well he could go rent a Hummer and drive around" (Ray was falling asleep at the wheel in his Hummer and caused a 3 car accident) Nobody was hurt. Awesome response though.

http://www.buffalonews.com/165/story/71774.html Funny article written by Jerry Sullivan torching Ray

^Just in case you may remember some trash talk through the B-LO News and the Raliegh newspaper last year. This wasn't the guy who started the ordeal FYI

http://www.wehateyourteam.com/

So if Emery sucks it up, which I dont' think he will, any chance we'll see the Baby food man come out for a game? I mean he did stonewall the Sabres last season during the playoffs, then choked it up again. I don't know just thought I'd throw that out there, I think Emery is a pretty damn good goalie and can probably get it done if the rest of the team does their part, plus the man can fight too, don't you all remember that sadistic look on his face after he kicked Biron's *edit* and was taking on (*edit* bag) Justin Peters

Please, Biron was practically pressured in to fighitng Emery. He's 50 pounds lighter and Emery takes boxing lessons,lol. I don't think any punches were really thrown, just Biron got thrown down to the ice.

Seriously, Biron weighs about 165-170 lbs or so, he's a skinny guy. Peters vs. Emery was probably more fair. haha

Speaking of Peters....who is this JUSTIN Peters?? lol

Speaking of Peters....who is this JUSTIN Peters?? lol

He's the kind of slip up you get on a Canes board.

I believe he's a goalie for the River Rats at the moment.