The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
goeb

Series Discussion

"Ottowa in 6 I'm never wrong" yet Ottawa is spelled incorrect sorry thought that was funny

LOL. good catch.

Uh, it was a trick post :)

Say good bye to Home ice advantage, looks like that belongs to the capital city of Canada now. Although I won't get too excited, we lost game 1 in the ECF last season to the then Sabres (presently known as the Slugs), but we all now how that turned out ;)

Wow, I only got to catch the 3rd period but what a shocker. I knew Ottawa was gonna come to play but I sure didn't expect them to own the Sabres in their own building :o I would have been happy with a split at HSBC but whoa...Slugs have a lot of adjustments to make if they wanna make this a series. Emery looked so confident and the Sens just

out-played and out-skated the Slugs in all parts of the game.

Two words....special teams.

Wow, I only got to catch the 3rd period but what a shocker. I knew Ottawa was gonna come to play but I sure didn't expect them to own the Sabres in their own building :o I would have been happy with a split at HSBC but whoa...Slugs have a lot of adjustments to make if they wanna make this a series. Emery looked so confident and the Sens just

out-played and out-skated the Slugs in all parts of the game.

Two words....special teams.

4-2, and somebody threw a beer bottle on the ice. Nice Slugfans.

Did you expect any less from those classy people? I was suprised you didn't see a whole dumpster load of cans and bottles rain down

Did you expect any less from those classy people? I was suprised you didn't see a whole dumpster load of cans and bottles rain down

To be honest...I expected more then one beer bottle.

They probably cut off beer sales five minutes before the start of the first to prevent that.

Seriously, Biron weighs about 165-170 lbs or so, he's a skinny guy. Peters vs. Emery was probably more fair. haha

Speaking of Peters....who is this JUSTIN Peters?? lol

Hey easy now, yeah dang I made the wrong assumption too, too many Peters' up in Buffalo. I just remember him mianly because he's like the only guy who wears 76 in the NHL, my favorite number to wear when playing hockey, why I don't know. But yeah sorry my mistake, but I wouldn't consider myself a "slip up on a canes board" I think I can hold my own about the great game of hockey.

So much for Sabres having the better goal tender...we can say who's the underdog now in the series.

slow down...that was game one....

I don't think so...Buffalo has no PP. End of the road.

So much for Sabres having the better goal tender...we can say who's the underdog now in the series.

I can't agree more. Special teams have been the big question mark for the Slugs, long before the playoffs began, and the fact that they haven't been able to correct the issues by the conference finals speaks volumes. I give credit the Sabres for finding ways to still get the wins in the past two series but squeaking by isn't going to happen this round. They're going to have to search for some answers quickly or its off to the golf course and the entire city of Buffalo will be put on a suicide watch.

And where is Melissa? I don't see her posting about Lindy's great "Jack Adams" caliber coaching tonight. He had last change and the match ups were horrible. Completely out coached from what I saw.

I can't agree more. Special teams have been the big question mark for the Slugs, long before the playoffs began, and the fact that they haven't been able to correct the issues by the conference finals speaks volumes. I give credit the Sabres for finding ways to still get the wins in the past two series but squeaking by isn't going to happen this round. They're going to have to search for some answers quickly or its off to the golf course and the entire city of Buffalo will be put on a suicide watch.

And where is Melissa? I don't see her posting about Lindy's great "Jack Adams" caliber coaching tonight. He had last change and the match ups were horrible. Completely out coached from what I saw.

Easy guys, I'm excited they lost too but like Hoyle said, it's only game one don't be popping the champaign corks yet (which would be kind of funny if you were waiting on that). Buffalo is a great team, I still don't think we've seen their full potential yet, which this late in the playoffs I'm wondering if we will see, which would be a great thing for the Sens if they decide not to even show up for the rest of the playoffs. However like I was saying before, Buffalo is by far the much better team, but Ottawa is about to burst into flames on the ice they are so hot right now. I don't know man I think the Sens are going to take this one, they definitely set the tone tonight, the only thing we'll have to wait on is Buffalo's response, it's going to be awesome to watch. And I don't know I have a feeling that if it's not this year, then it's going to be awhile before the Sabres can win the Cup, I mean with them more than likley losing some key guys over the season. Seriously there are some pay days comming up that a lot of Hockey teams couldn't afford, along with the salary cap and all, but anyway Sens in 6

I'm not saying that the series is done by any means...just that Buffalo has a ton of adjustments to make. Hockey, especially playoff hockey, is a game of momentum and the Sens have been rolling since day 1 of the playoffs. The Sabres have won their first two series too, but not in such a convincing manner.

It's only game 1 and things can change over night but.......I'm scratching my head over this one.

Shhh, don't tell Lindy there's champagne in the Sens locker room. :ph34r:

I'm not saying that the series is done by any means...just that Buffalo has a ton of adjustments to make. Hockey, especially playoff hockey, is a game of momentum and the Sens have been rolling since day 1 of the playoffs. The Sabres have won their first two series too, but not in such a convincing manner.

It's only game 1 and things can change over night but.......I'm scratching my head over this one.

Shhh, don't tell Lindy there's champagne in the Sens locker room. :ph34r:

Power Play is atrocious.

But it's been like that all year and we still got to the Eastern Conference Finals. Sabres outplayed Ottawa from the middle of the 1st to the 3rd. Sabres just needs a better effort.

We'll come back and win on Saturday.