The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
goeb

Series Discussion

Power Play is atrocious.

Exactly. They're not gonna get past this round unless they figure it out.

But it's been like that all year and we still got to the Eastern Conference Finals. Sabres outplayed Ottawa from the middle of the 1st to the 3rd. Sabres just needs a better effort.

Sens are playing at a much higher level than the Rangers and the Isles were the past 2 series. No more squeaking by. I didn't see the first two periods but Clement said Ottawa owned for most of the game. Slugs looked they either ran out of gas or will at the end.

We'll come back and win on Saturday.

I certainly would hope so on home ice.

I need a little more from the Sabres to cover my bet. I had the Sens in 7; 3 games going to OT; and at least 2 more games decided by 1 goal. 5-2 is NOT helping me at all!!!!!

Power Play is atrocious.

Exactly. They're not gonna get past this round unless they figure it out.

But it's been like that all year and we still got to the Eastern Conference Finals. Sabres outplayed Ottawa from the middle of the 1st to the 3rd. Sabres just needs a better effort.

Sens are playing at a much higher level than the Rangers and the Isles were the past 2 series. No more squeaking by. I didn't see the first two periods but Clement said Ottawa owned for most of the game. Slugs looked they either ran out of gas or will at the end.

I certainly would hope so on home ice.

I need a little more from the Sabres to cover my bet. I had the Sens in 7; 3 games going to OT; and at least 2 more games decided by 1 goal. 5-2 is NOT helping me at all!!!!!

Funny story:

So my friend and I were out playing tennis and she decided that she wanted to go have dinner with me. So I suggest this place called Buffalo Brothers, cause I was dieing to eat some good wings. So she drops me off at my house so that we can both shower and get ready for dinner(this is not my girlfriend by the way just a real good friend who I consider to be like my sister). I get dressed and I find that I'm wearing my 2006 stanley cup champions shirt and a hurricanes hat. Buffalo Brothers is a haven for slug fans. On the way to the place I say "oh s***, I forgot the sabres are playing the sens today and that place is going to be filled with slug fans". When we get to the place the hostess looks at me and said "you might want to turn around and leave". So we decide to stay cause this place has some fine wings. I walk into the bar area and see sooo many slug jerseys and everyone is eyeballing me and I just laugh and sit down with my friend, the waiter looks at me and comments on how that if he weren't working that he would probably trash talk me. So I stay to watch the whole game and I'm the ONLY one cheering for the sens. So when they got the 4th goal I stood up and cheered but quickly sat down so I didn't get beat up. But people were glaring at me and it was quite fun. Though when the game was over I didn't cheer or anything I just stood up and left(we already paid the bill at this point). So yea quite a fun time.

Funny story:

So my friend and I were out playing tennis and she decided that she wanted to go have dinner with me. So I suggest this place called Buffalo Brothers, cause I was dieing to eat some good wings. So she drops me off at my house so that we can both shower and get ready for dinner(this is not my girlfriend by the way just a real good friend who I consider to be like my sister). I get dressed and I find that I'm wearing my 2006 stanley cup champions shirt and a hurricanes hat. Buffalo Brothers is a haven for slug fans. On the way to the place I say "oh s***, I forgot the sabres are playing the sens today and that place is going to be filled with slug fans". When we get to the place the hostess looks at me and said "you might want to turn around and leave". So we decide to stay cause this place has some fine wings. I walk into the bar area and see sooo many slug jerseys and everyone is eyeballing me and I just laugh and sit down with my friend, the waiter looks at me and comments on how that if he weren't working that he would probably trash talk me. So I stay to watch the whole game and I'm the ONLY one cheering for the sens. So when they got the 4th goal I stood up and cheered but quickly sat down so I didn't get beat up. But people were glaring at me and it was quite fun. Though when the game was over I didn't cheer or anything I just stood up and left(we already paid the bill at this point). So yea quite a fun time.

Dude you're in Raleigh, it's your hockey city, tell them to get the hell out of town if they have a problem

I wouldn't jump to conclusions that sabres are the udnerdogs now, they'll lose, etc. Canes didn't look too good in the first game of the ECF last year, they bounced back well in game 2, and hey look what happened. Bufalo does know how to rebound from these types of games, so I still say the series goes the distance. Still scratching my head as to how a team can be so good offensively and so bda on the PP, I mean this has been going on all season. They gotta fix it before it ruins them. At this rate they should start rejecting power play opportunities,lol, their much better 5-on-5.

The Kentucky Derby was last week if you wanted to beat dead horses.

Naw I'm content with beating this one. :)

hahaha It's good you can take a joke here and there

Good job Sens, you guys earned this one and actually played like you were in the ECF. Unfortunately, my team looked like a sloppy OHL team on roofies tonight. Miller didn't play bad at all from my eyes. The four goals he let in weren't really his fault at all. Sabres D was terrible and that's being kind to them. I said the Sabres D was better than Nottawa's and it really didn't show AT ALL... <_< . Emery did what he had to do so credit to him but, the first goal was his fault.

Other notes... the Sabres PP is the most consistent is the NHL. The sooner Kalinan goes over the Falls the bettter... Teppo N is still cenile. Thanks Lydman, Campbell, Afinogenov, and Miller for actually trying tonight and playing with some heart.

The Sabres WILL win game two. Bold yes, stupid possibly but, I think they're going too. I had game 1 as one of the game's they were going to lose in the series so lets hope I'm right again.

4-2, and somebody threw a beer bottle on the ice. Nice Slugfans.

Did you expect any less from those classy people? I was suprised you didn't see a whole dumpster load of cans and bottles rain down

You're thinking of Islander fans

Did you expect any less from those classy people? I was suprised you didn't see a whole dumpster load of cans and bottles rain down

How about you try to a little more "classy" and not say disrespectful s--- about an entire fan base? :rolleyes:

I fully expect Buffalo to come out w/ guns blazing next game.

That will be the true test of Ottawa, how they handle Saturdays game will dictate the outcome. An Ottawa win will mean they could clinch at home and that kind of motivation will be hard for the slugs to overcome. Can't wait for saturday's game.

You're thinking of Islander fans

Nope, all the toilets back up onto the ice at the Isles!!

Power Play is atrocious.

What game were you watching. Buffalo did not outplay Ottawa from the middle of the 1st to the 3rd. They might have looked good at the start, but once they gave up that shortie, Ottawa starting setting the tone and dictated the play from them on. Yeah Buffalo had some bursts when Ottawa broke down, see Lydman goal, but no way Buffalo outplayed Ottawa.

Buffalo only got 20 SOG to Ottawa's 34 and Buffalo was at home. 5 shots in the 3rd period is not ouplaying the other team.

EDIT: And just one other stat to throw out there: Giveaways, Buffalo 19; Ottawa 8. And how is it that Buffalo outplayed Ottawa?

Power Play is atrocious.

What game were you watching. Buffalo did not outplay Ottawa from the middle of the 1st to the 3rd. They might have looked good at the start, but once they gave up that shortie, Ottawa starting setting the tone and dictated the play from them on. Yeah Buffalo had some bursts when Ottawa broke down, see Lydman goal, but no way Buffalo outplayed Ottawa.

Buffalo only got 20 SOG to Ottawa's 34 and Buffalo was at home. 5 shots in the 3rd period is not ouplaying the other team.

I didn't get to see the first two periods, but Ottawa clearly had the Sabres back on their heels in the 3rd. The minute they tried to set something up in the zone, there were Senators all over them and in the passing lanes. Ottawa was more aggressive on both ends of the ice and you could sense it in their style of play. Pure confidence. Great way for the Sens to begin the series.

How about you try to a little more "classy" and not say disrespectful s--- about an entire fan base? :rolleyes:

Compared to what I've seen over the months about 'Cans fans on the Sabres boards (or even what passing Sabres fans have said about us on THESE boards), this is mild in comparision.

I'm soooo sorry I'll never make an assumption about your great hockey fan base and the great people of the city of Buffalo, I mean after all according to your fan base's assumption about all of us we're just a bunch hillbilly's from North Carolina, nothing but a bunch of tobacco chewing, nascar watching, tobacco farming rednecks who happen to watch some guys with sticks hit eachother on a sheet of ice.............

Don't dish it out if you can't handle it comming back

Okay, gentlemen, I truly appreciate the compliments, but let's get on w/ the topic of discussion, BUF vs. OTT. :)B)

Are you suggesting we set up a "300Section is hot" thread in Off Topic!!!! :rolleyes:

Okay, gentlemen, I truly appreciate the compliments, but let's get on w/ the topic of discussion, BUF vs. OTT. :)B)

Are you suggesting we set up a "300Section is hot" thread in Off Topic!!!! :rolleyes:

That's exactly what she's suggesting......What girl doesn't like attention?