The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
goeb

Series Discussion

Ottawa gets no respect, and will be very dangerous in this series. Buffalo must be very careful in Game 2 or they'll fall behind 2-0.

Since game one its been non-stop:

"Buffalo has to play their game" or

"We have to do better than 20 shots" or

"Its only 1 game"

etc.

Ottawa has been the tightest checking team in the NHL. That is how they handled the Canes in the crucial home-and-home in early 2007. That style got them the 4 seed, smothered the Penguins and Devils, and is doing the same to Buffalo.

Without goals from anyone other than Drury or Vanek (Playoff leaders), the Sabres will not win this series.

Don't count on Max, even though he picked one up in game 1, and forget Mr Disappearing in the Playoffs (Hecht).

The Sabres have an astounding 1-13 all-time in best-of-seven series after dropping Game 1.

"The sky hasn't fallen on us yet," said Sabres goalie Ryan Miller. "It wouldn't be us if we didn't do it the hard way. We do a fairly good job of recovering, we get a lot of practice at it."

Is Briere hurt or is Ruff giving him sort of an Afi-treatment, cutting his icetime in hopes of making him produce?

Briere says he is "ok".

If you're talking about Danny's diminished ice time, I think Ruff commented on that during the post-game interview. He said that since most of the game was played with the special teams, Danny couldn't get as much ice time as he normally would get.

Thanks IceFrog. I just found a couple of articles on Briere too. Seems he might have a wrist issue he doesn't want to elaborate on but his cut icetime seems to have more to do with Ruff's tactics and trying to match lines against the Sens.

A statistic in this morning's paper stated the slugs are 1-15 in game 2 of series where they lost the first game. Probably a meaningless stat but it would be good for the Sens to win tonight and then go back home for the sweep.

A statistic in this morning's paper stated the slugs are 1-15 in game 2 of series where they lost the first game. Probably a meaningless stat but it would be good for the Sens to win tonight and then go back home for the sweep.

I won't suggest that the Sens would sweep but a win tonight and then they are on home turf which should more than motivate them to win those two.

Following the Sens win tonight is it possible that they can win both at home now?

I think its possible but don't see it happening because Buffalo will not want to get swept so they'll be motivated to win one.

As if more gasoline needs throwing on the fire for those who dislike Buffalo for various reasons, this paragraph jumped out at me in the NHL.com's write-up of last night's game:

The bad blood between the division rivals is carrying over to the assistant coaches. The Sabres staff, which watches games from the press box, told the elevator operator during the first intermission to shut the door and leave before the Senators' staff arrived.

These guys are first class all the way! :blink:

Following the Sens win tonight is it possible that they can win both at home now?

I think its possible but don't see it happening because Buffalo will not want to get swept so they'll be motivated to win one.

as long as the sens realize that the slugs will come out playing desperate hockey then they can do it. so far thru two games the sens have proved that they can do it. what would be really cool is if they win 3 and are on the way to winning 4 if the fans in ottawa would start chanting the last minute or so "who's your daddy", i bet linda ruff would explode on the bench.

With Miller not playing his best, i bet the Sabres would like to have Biron to put in and give Miller a break.Sometimes its hard to ride a hot goalie when he isn't quite so hot anymore.Conklin isn't anywhere near the goalie Biron is.So it might come back to bite the Sabres!Just my 2cents

Conklin could be a great weapon.. just be sure to station him behind the SENS' goal.

To compare the Canes/Candy-ends series to Buffalo's current situation assumes that '07 Ottawa = '06 Montreal.

No. Sorry.

It is nice to see that Lindy's complaints against the Canes were all just for show, and not really heartfelt, though.