The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Motorcat

Cullen on Radio - 10:45

Morgan Patrick is just so ill-prepared and awful.

Nothing new from Cullen, just basically a recap from today's paper.

Lowlight of the interview...

Morgan Patrick (paraphrased): So...umm...eh...you know...there was something...ummm...special about the Canes room...I mean...it wasn't like...professional as some others...and....ehhhh....I don't mean professional in a bad sense but...ummm....more like in a suit and tie...ehhh...kind of way....

Translation: The Canes had a loose group of guys that made for a fun room. Is it really that tough for a guy who makes his living using words to ask a simple question?

Nearly unlistenable. What a total incompetent.

Incompetent are those guys on The Buzz on the drive home. What the heck is that??? I would rather listen to Morgan or Adam Gold.

Adam Gold, I agree.

Morgan Patrick, I'd take fingernails on a chalkboard first. ;) He's brutal

Incompetent are those guys on The Buzz on the drive home. What the heck is that??? I would rather listen to Morgan or Adam Gold.

Adam Gold, I agree.

I sometimes get the sense that Morgan has three note cards on the desk in front of him, and spends his show reading from one or the other, repeatedly. Ovies is awesome and should get his own show. Chris Clark also is good.

Take some portion of whatever money you spend on garbage each month that you could live without and put it into an XM radio. Channel 204 is 24/7 hockey. Yesterday they did a great interview with Cullen, and right after that interviewed Dave Droschak for about 15 minutes. Both were great interviews, and asked questions that made sense, not the kind of crap that you get from The Bull and The Buzz. These guys are so bad locally, I can't stand it. I can't wait till the season starts and we get to listen to "Storm Front", where the guys talk to each other about something that happened to them that day for 10 minutes, then start the show eventually. Then there's "The Aftermath" or as we like to call it, "The Afterbirth". What a waste.

Adam Gold, I agree.

I sometimes get the sense that Morgan has three note cards on the desk in front of him, and spends his show reading from one or the other, repeatedly. Ovies is awesome and should get his own show. Chris Clark also is good.

That's a great description of Morgan Patrick. He always seems to be searching for something to say and usually stammers his way through some assortment of cliches, punctuating each obvious comment with "it will be interesting to see how it plays out."

Ovies can be ok when he doesn't overdo it and I like Chris Clark but he just needs to drop the .10 words. He comes off too often like a stuffed shirt Lit Professor doing sports.

Take some portion of whatever money you spend on garbage each month that you could live without and put it into an XM radio. Channel 204 is 24/7 hockey. Yesterday they did a great interview with Cullen, and right after that interviewed Dave Droschak for about 15 minutes. Both were great interviews, and asked questions that made sense, not the kind of crap that you get from The Bull and The Buzz. These guys are so bad locally, I can't stand it. I can't wait till the season starts and we get to listen to "Storm Front", where the guys talk to each other about something that happened to them that day for 10 minutes, then start the show eventually. Then there's "The Aftermath" or as we like to call it, "The Afterbirth". What a waste.

XM is great, I agree, but you have to go local unfortunately to get the Canes stuff regularly. Forslund used to have a show that I liked on the short-lived sports radio station which was 1090 I think.

Aftermath some nights is literally Amateur Hour and usually just horrible. I remember one time tuning into Kaiton's review of his goal calls for the night and then switching over to 850 for the drive home. Whoever was hosting that night on several occasions used the exact same words to describe plays as Kaiton had done. If all they are going to do is repeat somebody else's calls and pass it off as analysis they should not even bother.

There was a time during StormFront where they kept repeatedly dropping their signal and you either had dead air or piped in music until they could fix it. Hardly professional.

Can I just say, the interview this morning seconds only to the interview of Justin Williams this past spring. Does anyone else recall it? (JWill had called in from the golf course, I think? The Canadian team had just won the gold medal at the world's? I caught it as I was dropping my kids off at school- their school starts at 9:15) Anyway, as a 'Canes fan, I'm kind of at the point of not tuning in to hear Morgan interview one of our guys, because it's just a replay of what we've read on the Canes website. I agree with Stormrider, the guy is ill-prepared. I realize it's AM radio show, with the stress of following Mike & Mike...maybe he needs a bobble head to go with his 3 index cards....but can't the guy prepare for hockey-related interviews like he might for say football or baseball? Perhaps the 'Canes media guys to prepare questions & conversation pieces for him.