The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Game 2 Sens/Slugs

Seriously stop complaining about the officials, because it just makes the entire Sabre's fan base sound annoying every time I hear one of them blame the referees. You guys are like the "boy who cried wolf". You whine all the time about everything without justification, and then the one time you do have something to whine about (like alfy's hit), no one wants to hear it.

Dont put a generalized streotype on an entire fan base, Hoyle.

The mild mannered Sabre fan base you're referring too is a minority Melissa.

I think you're a great hockey fan, I just don't like your team, I'm sorry.

Thats funny, you saying the 5 on 3 was justified when I remeber a certain Habs fan named Hoyle complained about the refs giving the Leafs 5 on 3's when the Leafs beat the Habs in the last game of the season. :o

Questionable really isnt the word to describe Tallinder gettting smashed by a flying Swede. Yes Alfreddson did leave the ground. Probaly to make his check more effective becaise of Tallinder height advantage and Tallinder never even had the puck and it was a hit from behind in the boards. I'm not saying that this play is the reason we lost... I'm just sick of seeing the refs must call hooking like it's going out of style yet they turn their heads when their is charging.

Still don't understand how Pominville gets a goal when he punches it in and Vanek doesn't. Must be a conspiracy against Austrians. jk

It's over, Ref107 did a good summary of everything. It's over, I don't care, Ottawa scored 4 Buffalo 3 they win. Refs didn't score, Ottawa did.

Don't twist my words....

I was upset about the multiple 5on3 calls made against Montreal in their final game of the season, but I never implied any sort of Ontario bias conspiracy theory like you have. Begin deserved the 4 minute double minor and shouldn't have attacked the leaf player in the dying seconds of the second period. Koivu's tripping penalty was what I complained about, because it was very questionable. Besides my biggest complaint about that game wasn't the officials at all, it was Don Cherry.....He made every excuse in the book for Raycroft, yet didn't even acknowledge Michael Ryder's natural hattrick. That really ticked me off.

If you're going to continue whining about Alfreddson's hit on Tallinder, maybe you should review Briere's tying goal before you speak up. Make sure you notice how bad Kelly was cross checked from behind in the dying seconds of the game. If you're going to call fowl play, make sure you're fair about it or just drop the whole subject.

I'm not entirely sure of the exact wording of the rules. But I think Pomminville's goal counted because there was no swinging motion....it was merely a tip in. Vanek's goal was disallowed because there was a clear swinging motion.

Seriously stop complaining about the officials, because it just makes the entire Sabre's fan base sound annoying every time I hear one of them blame the referees. You guys are like the "boy who cried wolf". You whine all the time about everything without justification, and then the one time you do have something to whine about (like alfy's hit), no one wants to hear it.

My Ontario point really makes no sense, probaly just annoyed at the fact that my team is down 2-0 at the time... I just don't understand why DonVon is reffing a Buff-Ott a game when he refs the ugliest game of the year in which their was a massive brawl. So my problem lies with the league.

Read the last line in my 2nd paragraph- CBC commentaters in the 2nd round were quoted "The refs are making sure they get the hooks, gotta get the hooks but lets not call chaging or roughing" Guess they're whiners to eh?

My problem with the Tallinder hit is that people on this board thought Teppo N shoulda been suspended when he boarded Blake in the 1st round. I have no problem with that... but when Tallinder is lying down on the ice behind the play hurt, that signals that a cheap shot had taken place. It's rediculous when a player gets boarded and nothing is called. If thats whining so be it. But you nullified your own point with Kelly hit. Your first point you said refs don't call borderline penalties late in 3rd period. If you think that Koivu trip is "questionable" as is the Tallinder board, I don't care for your dictionary definition of borderline.

Everyone critiques refs on every board even Habs fan too :blink:

but when Tallinder is lying down on the ice behind the play hurt, that signals that a cheap shot had taken place. It's rediculous when a player gets boarded and nothing is called. If thats whining so be it. But you nullified your own point with Kelly hit. Your first point you said refs don't call borderline penalties late in 3rd period. If you think that Koivu trip is "questionable" as is the Tallinder board, I don't care for your dictionary definition of borderline.

Everyone critiques refs on every board even Habs fan too :blink:

I don't see how this nullifies my own point. I never whined about the cross check from behind delivered to Kelly. What I said was.....If you're going to whine about Alfy's hit you need to stop thinking solely like a Sabre's fan and admit that the hit on Kelly was equally offensive....If you can't do that then this conversation is not worth either of our time.

I love when someone posts something so good no one from the other side even attempts to reply to it in fact they go and dig into something from earlier in the thread lmfao.

oh man good job onetimer.

Tallinder's injured. Buffalo's woes are returning:

OTTAWA (AP) - Sabres defenceman Henrik Tallinder is sore after being crosschecked from behind by Ottawa's Daniel Alfredsson, and could miss Game 3 Monday of the Eastern Conference finals.

Coach Lindy Ruff on Sunday wouldn't provide any details of Tallinder's injury, but was unhappy that Alfredsson wasn't penalized on the play. It happened midway through the first overtime of Ottawa's 4-3 double-overtime win on Saturday, which gave the Senators a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series.

Tallinder had just played the puck behind the Sabres net, when Alfredsson shoved him headfirst into the boards. Tallinder was slow to get up and groggy as he left the ice and went straight to the locker room. He missed at least one shift before returning to finish the game.

"I look at that as, probably if that's the regular season, when the guy doesn't have the puck, and gets run from behind headfirst into the boards, it's a suspension," Ruff said.

The coach said he'd leave it in the NHL's hands to review whether Alfredsson should be punished.

Alfredsson said he did nothing wrong on the play and thought Tallinder could have been feigning injury.

"He came right back after, so I don't know if he was trying to draw a penalty," Alfredsson said. "He seemed fine."

Tallinder's loss would be a significant blow for Buffalo as he and Toni Lydman form the team's top defensive duo. Tallinder ranks second on the team in averaging 23:13 ice-time per game, and has two assists.

WTG Sens. Continue to stomp the slugs.
I thought I'd take a look at your great site seeing as we have a few of your members on our's.

Thanks a million for your support of our Senators as well as the kind words you have expressed regarding our team. This is not the same Senators that people are used to seeing in the past...we are tougher, faster and stronger than ever before and have only one target in mind (not to be named due to superstitions). The hockey gods seem to be smiling on us this year and hopefully they keep doing so.

Thanks again friends.

JL :D

I thought I'd take a look at your great site seeing as we have a few of your members on our's.

Thanks a million for your support of our Senators as well as the kind words you have expressed regarding our team. This is not the same Senators that people are used to seeing in the past...we are tougher, faster and stronger than ever before and have only one target in mind (not to be named due to superstitions). The hockey gods seem to be smiling on us this year and hopefully they keep doing so.

Thanks again friends.

This has been fun. I hope Ottawa wins it all for you guys. I am enjoying their play. Go Sens. :D

Thanks again friends.

No problem! I loved watching McAmmond and Saprykin in game 1. GO SENS!

Maybe I was too harsh. I just wanted to state my opinion that I thought the game was called even.

Don't worry bout it, I was prolly whining a bit too but, don't worry I won't send Peters, Kaleta, and Mair after you.

I had a friend in highschool whose last name was Mair....

When Adam Mair was playing for the Leafs, they met at a bar once and spent half an hour discussing whether or not they were from the same family tree.