The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
MDCanesFans

CANES 07-08 SCHEDULE OUT

My major Gripe about the schedule is that we have more back to back games then anyone else in the league once again. We have fifteen back to backs compared to most teams who have only ten. The second game in a back to back situation is almost always a loss so it is like we are starting the season 0 - 15.

We had back to back games our Cup year as well. Can't remember how many, maybe 12, so we got 3 more. It'll just put more hair on the boys chest :P

And look at it this way, I read on another board that on 11 of those back to backs, we'll be waiting for the team on the first set of that back to back as those 11 teams have a game the night before ours. So we'll be catching 11 teams on the 2nd game of a back to back on our first game of the back to back. Now did I just confuse everyone.

:huh:

My major Gripe about the schedule is that we have more back to back games then anyone else in the league once again. We have fifteen back to backs compared to most teams who have only ten. The second game in a back to back situation is almost always a loss so it is like we are starting the season 0 - 15.

We had back to back games our Cup year as well. Can't remember how many, maybe 12, so we got 3 more. It'll just put more hair on the boys chest :P

And look at it this way, I read on another board that on 11 of those back to backs, we'll be waiting for the team on the first set of that back to back as those 11 teams have a game the night before ours. So we'll be catching 11 teams on the 2nd game of a back to back on our first game of the back to back. Now did I just confuse everyone.

:huh:

oh so thats not as bad

almost all of them are in the same boat as us w/ back to backs

and we cant think negative about it, we areeee going to win

OMG, I actually understood & followed what you said, colesy!! I'm proud (I've only had 45 min. of sleep in two days, so I impress myself sometimes).

OMG, I actually understood & followed what you said, colesy!! I'm proud (I've only had 45 min. of sleep in two days, so I impress myself sometimes).

Awesome, cause it was harder to write out then saying it aloud....LOL.

I saw TopShelf's confused smilie. Maybe I can explain better. Topshelf this is for you:

For 11 games that we start a back to back, the team we play in that first game plays the night before. So we will be catching those teams on their 2nd game of a back to back.

For example and this is just an example:

If you take the back to back on Nov 19 against Pitt, then we have Nov 20 against Caps. Pittsburgh would play Nov 18.

And why the early afternoon games on a Monday. And whats up with the 5pm Saturday game. Grant it the two afternoon games are away, but their on a freakin Monday. Not sure work is gonna appreciate me Whoooing when we score cause I will be listening online.

come on guys have a good attitude.

WE ARE GOING TO WIN ALL THE GAMES!

:D

exactly, if we win all of them who cares if they are back to back. back to back games only toughen us up for the playoffs!!

Sorry guys, but the first game of the season and the one on the 13th both look like losses to me :P

..and I know I'm being really negative here but the 'Canes will probably lose on the 26th too

;)

December 14... I know who's going with me to that one. I just hope she still loves me after we win. :lol:

So the Pens opener is in Raleigh? I'm thinking that game will sell out uber-quick.

Scks there are absolutely no Saturday games in October and December, and a total of 4 Friday games in those same months. November has the most home weekend games with 4. IMHO that sucks. So does the 4 back-to-back away games for the Canes.

At least they're not playing their first two games in London. ;)

Sucks they don't play the Panthers on a weekend here. I'll have to check the school calender and see what days we get off that would allow me to see them on a weekday... if any. :(

come on guys have a good attitude.

WE ARE GOING TO WIN ALL THE GAMES!

:D

exactly, if we win all of them who cares if they are back to back. back to back games only toughen us up for the playoffs!!

Sorry guys, but the first game of the season and the one on the 13th both look like losses to me :P

..and I know I'm being really negative here but the 'Canes will probably lose on the 26th too

;)

Um we haven't lost at the Bell Centre since like 2004. I'm not worred about the 13th. Nor am I worried about the 3rd, we have Cole the Hab Killer. :P

it looks like we are playing NJ only once, i thought we usually played them a lot more? isnt the schedul supposed to be

division - 8 games vs each team

confernece - 2 or 4 games vs each team

west conference - a few games vs any team?

it looks like we are playing NJ only once, i thought we usually played them a lot more? isnt the schedul supposed to be

division - 8 games vs each team

confernece - 2 or 4 games vs each team

west conference - a few games vs any team?

No we play the Devils four times (Jan 10, Feb 9, Feb 18, Feb 26).

We play every eastern conference team 4 times, every division team 8 times, and 10 western conference teams (two divisions, one at home one away).

I just wish there was a west coast swing and maybe a game with San Jose here or there. I keep looking at where I could travel and I have been to DC and FLA too many times. Maybe I can go to Boston. I think I will catch the game in Nashville in Feb (I think it is in Feb)

I bet $100 the Pittsburgh game is not part of the 24 game package yet it will sell out quick. If so, better buy your tickets on the first day.

I just wish there was a west coast swing and maybe a game with San Jose here or there. I keep looking at where I could travel and I have been to DC and FLA too many times. Maybe I can go to Boston. I think I will catch the game in Nashville in Feb (I think it is in Feb)

I bet $100 the Pittsburgh game is not part of the 24 game package yet it will sell out quick. If so, better buy your tickets on the first day.

That's a hard call, i have been a 24gamer for years until going full season this year. You are pretty much guaranteed the first game of the season and the last. It would be good PR to also give 24gamers the Pittsburg game. The ten game plans probably won't start until the end of October.

I have to change my vacation week. The week that I had off in October is the week the Canes take off for a road trip. :( Thinking I will hit the Canes game when Buffalo comes to town on the 24th instead.

And why the early afternoon games on a Monday. And whats up with the 5pm Saturday game. Grant it the two afternoon games are away, but their on a freakin Monday. Not sure work is gonna appreciate me Whoooing when we score cause I will be listening online.

The Monday Games are Presidents Day and MLK day both no School Days up North and a great day to take young ones to games , wish the Canes had some Home ones like That.

The Saturday Game like that happens almost every year when State has a game on the Same Saturday either we are at 5pm or an 8:30 game , give me the 5PM one anyday.

Although we have the 18 back to back on the schedule , the one advantage we do have in our division is our travel to division in the west doesnt really require much travelling.

Someone may have already posted this. I noticed that our last Saturday game is almost 1 month (3-8-07) before our last game. This s---s for tailgating at end of season. We have a Sunday afternoon game at 3:00pm (3-16-07) but have to start early on Sunday to tailgate and still 2-3 weeks prior to season end.

Someone may have already posted this. I noticed that our last Saturday game is almost 1 month (3-8-07) before our last game. This s---s for tailgating at end of season. We have a Sunday afternoon game at 3:00pm (3-16-07) but have to start early on Sunday to tailgate and still 2-3 weeks prior to season end.

we just need to cheer our guys to the playoffs and that may change.

we just need to cheer our guys to the playoffs and that may change.

;) Now I could have had a V8 and thought of that! Way to go Caniac97, positive attitude, that is exactly what we the Caniacs (Cane-heads-same same) and Canes need. :lol::rolleyes::P