The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
DukeCaniac09

Will Sutter get playing time this year?

He isn't ready at this point for the NHL and faded badly down the stretch this past season, due in part to what was attributed to conditioning. He isn't old enough to play in the AHL so he almost certainly will be back in juniors.

This was a somewhat similar dilemma to the one faced by Pittsburgh with Jordan Staal, who they had planned to play early in the NHL season and then send him back to juniors. Of course, he exceeded expectations and was kept there but he is a hulk compared to Sutter.

He isn't ready at this point for the NHL and faded badly down the stretch this past season, due in part to what was attributed to conditioning. He isn't old enough to play in the AHL so he almost certainly will be back in juniors.

This was a somewhat similar dilemma to the one faced by Pittsburgh with Jordan Staal, who they had planned to play early in the NHL season and then send him back to juniors. Of course, he exceeded expectations and was kept there but he is a hulk compared to Sutter.

we were going to do that with Staal but he had such a great preseason we had no choice but to keep him.

we were going to do that with Staal but he had such a great preseason we had no choice but to keep him.

Very true and some of the same questions came up about his size at the time. However, he was much more polished than Sutter at that age and as was pointed out earlier, there was the Francis-factor they felt would be a benefit in his development.

At one point, regrettably, they even moved Francis to wing so they could play on the same line together. Francis was too old and too slow at that point and it didn't last long. Later on, Francis' play was so bad he dropped all the way to the 4th line - not a pretty sight.

I'd love for Brindy to train me. Forget hockey, just get me in shape... HEY! That could be a new reality show! Brindys Bootcamp! :D

Take 6 teenage hockey players or anything else that breathes for that matter, and train them... see who outlast all the others, and wins! lol

The winner would be the one who had the last turn. He would win by default because the first 5 would die.

I was thinking they would do everything at the same time... whoever hasnt keeled over, wins. Lord knows I'd die. :)

They'd need a pretty good stopwatch.

haha, i dunno, i'd prolly die too. :D

but i'd totally watch that if it were a tv show. :P