The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ianhimself

New Hurricanes jerseys

If its actually a thin white pipe, I'll actually like it.

trust me on this one, thin piping can actually add a lil something to a jersey. I mean, I just graduated from Virginia Tech, so I know all about adding piping to an otherwise good jersey, and it actually can make it look pretty nice. If its a stripe, thats just terrible and I'll hate it from the get-go, but if its just a thin pipe like someone suggested, you all will be pleasantly surprised...

One thing I would love to see around the NHL is what teams do during the World Cup by putting stars around their chest to signify how many titles you've won all-time. Now thats something that could go over well in the NHL, and certainly bring some history into the game. Of course you'd have to do something for the teams that have won a ridiculous amount like Montreal, but its a thought.

If its actually a thin white pipe, I'll actually like it.

trust me on this one, thin piping can actually add a lil something to a jersey. I mean, I just graduated from Virginia Tech, so I know all about adding piping to an otherwise good jersey, and it actually can make it look pretty nice. If its a stripe, thats just terrible and I'll hate it from the get-go, but if its just a thin pipe like someone suggested, you all will be pleasantly surprised...

One thing I would love to see around the NHL is what teams do during the World Cup by putting stars around their chest to signify how many titles you've won all-time. Now thats something that could go over well in the NHL, and certainly bring some history into the game. Of course you'd have to do something for the teams that have won a ridiculous amount like Montreal, but its a thought.

it is a white pipe. I'm pretty sure i know what you're talking about. EA's version makes it look like a stripe but it's just a thin line.

i dont like the white stripe. kinda tacky. i dont like how in basketball and football, all the jersies, since they are all made by the same company, all kind of look the same. glad its not that way in hockey. still though, dont like the change. i'm curious to see what our 3rd jersey will look like. the cane warning flag on the crest would look cool. they could also do a black one with the regular logo.

does anyone have a link for where i can view all the new jerseys for all the teams??

As I said in the other thread on jerseys, these may not be accurate. If you notice on the EA screenshots, Columbus's away jerseys have silver on them (striping between the white body and blue shoulders). In reality, there is NO silver anywhere outside of the logo and the NHL symbol on the jersey. In addition, the v-neck is white in EA's picture. It's blue in real life.

Your right about the blue around the neck, but there is 2 lines between the blue shoulder and white body, theres 2 thin pin stipes of red(against the white) and white between the blue and red. So the hue of the stipe could be off in that picture a little. Which gets me thinking, then perhaps our white stripe around the top could possibly be silver then. I dont like the white too much, but, eh, its ok.

As for someone asking about the price, according to the NHL shop(shop.nhl) personalized jerseys are $169.99. non personalized are $114.99, but also these may just be the replicas as oposed to authentics which the listings do not say which they are

does anyone have a link for where i can view all the new jerseys for all the teams??

heres the best look at the 3 that have been official revealed

http://shop.nhl.com/searchHandler/index.js...rds=2007+jersey

I like the new designs on the Canes jersey *Looks around to see if any Sabres fans heard that*. Simple change, keeps your hurricane in tact as well with the hurricanes flag along the bottom which I think is pretty sweet. Keeps it new and "sharper".

www.nhluniforms.com Link for the guy who wanted to see all the NHL uni's

Guess I'm in the minority cause I kind of like the white stripe. I'm glad they didn't do too many changes. I would buy one, but i'll stick to my 2 "vintage" jerseys for now.

Maybe if Gleason re-signs after the 2008 season I'll get his in the new look.

I like it aswell. I wanted them to have it like the practice jerseys and have the white on the sides of the jersey. Oh well this looks... a little better than are old jerseys.

I didn't read the rest of this thread to check because I'm too lazy and have to read too much at work, but would this mean that the White jerseys will have a line in the same place with red on the shoulders, kind of like the habs white jersey? Know what I'm talking about or is this just a dumb assumption.

I didn't read the rest of this thread to check because I'm too lazy and have to read too much at work, but would this mean that the White jerseys will have a line in the same place with red on the shoulders, kind of like the habs white jersey? Know what I'm talking about or is this just a dumb assumption.

Hopefully the white jerseys will have a silver stripe instead of red. Red would be really tacky IMO

Hopefully the white jerseys will have a silver stripe instead of red. Red would be really tacky IMO

Agreed...hopefully no red stripe. Otherwise, they'd have to issue them white nylons too in order to complete the Candy Striper uniform.. :blink:

If it is as I think and its a pipe and now a stripe, then you'll love it... trust me, it'll look better than you think

for a good idea of what 'piping' is, here is the current Virginia Tech football jersey that utilizes striping:

royals3.jpg

Notice how thin the orange and white pipes are on that VT jersey. This is a significant difference from the orange collar stripe... I'm thinking the new Canes jersey will utilize a pipe that will run the length of the shoulder seam that runs side to side, a white one on the red jerseys and a red one on the white jerseys. This will actually look pretty cool in my opinion.

If it is as I think and its a pipe and now a stripe, then you'll love it... trust me, it'll look better than you think

for a good idea of what 'piping' is, here is the current Virginia Tech football jersey that utilizes striping:

royals3.jpg

Notice how thin the orange and white pipes are on that VT jersey. This is a significant difference from the orange collar stripe... I'm thinking the new Canes jersey will utilize a pipe that will run the length of the shoulder seam that runs side to side, a white one on the red jerseys and a red one on the white jerseys. This will actually look pretty cool in my opinion.

it is a pipe, again EA exaggerate and turned it into a stripe.

royals3.jpg

it is a pipe, again EA exaggerate and turned it into a stripe.

Yep, and I'm guessin they had to because the animation they had just couldn't handle such a thin line without looking completely ridiculous. I mean, remember how exaggerated they made the bottom white stripe on our jerseys look in the past?

Yeah I think you make a real good argument for the piping, I think it'll be a nice subtle change and like you say strengthen our jersey a little. I think it'll be pretty sweet, and though I swore I wouldn't upgrade my jersey..........I might give in when they don't cost a million dollars

I like the new material, I'm for sure getting a Cole new jersey asap.

HOWEVER, I truly would like a new logo. YEAH, those who love the current one, I don't NOT like the current one, I think a new logo would help the team get some attention, and the current logo to me is bland. I like the Capital's new one, sketchy =)

ALSO, I'd much rather see an Alternate Jersey instead of a new stripe on our current jerseys.. <_<

I've actually heard some other fans of ours say that our logo was weak. While I don't think it is as cool as say the Flyers, or the Flames logo, I really can't think of anything else that you could put on there besides a Hurricane, I think anything more would make it look too minor league, I think our logo is alright.

Yeah yeah, we all know they'll bring back the Alternates. At least I hope so =P

And there can be many other things than a hurricane, or at least work on our current logo. Like work it into a C or something. And what's wrong with "Carolina" or "Hurricanes" can't go wrong with nicely fancied text. Alot of teams seem to be doing that. Well, first Anaheim, now the Caps. I'd like a nice, new, fresh logo. Something I might not be able to think of.. And I saw Colombus used their Alt. Logo as their new main one. Maybe we can do that too, I like the force five flag.

Personally the reason why I dislike the Ducks jersey so much is because I think its unoriginal. The new Caps jersey I don't mind so much because it's going back to the old logo, but I think it would be really lame if we went to a jersey that just said "Hurricanes"

Ours may not be the best logo, but it works. I think the white stripe along the shoulders will be okay as it probably won't be as thick as it looks in those pictures.

I know, I was just suggesting ideas used by other teams. I personally think cursive "Carolina" would look nice, but not as a main logo.

Yeah I might go along with that idea, like maybe on the shoulders or something. Hey maybe that'd be a good idea for the 3rd jersey, instead of those crazy little eyes, how about "Carolina" in some type of lettering