The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ianhimself

New Hurricanes jerseys

Please no Cs on our jersey so we'd become one of the many other teams with a c on their jersey

Columbus

Chicago, alternate logo

Colorado

Montreal

Calgary

Canucks

I like the way ours is without getting the exact same symbol they use when reporting the weather. Sure I think they could switch the logos and have the one we have look more like a shoulder patch.

I love our jerseys, I think the Canes actually have the coolest logo in sports. I don't see how you can think its bland. I would really like to see the force five flag on the black alternate jerseys the year after next! Some white or silver piping on the shoulders would be nice though.

As for someone asking about the price, according to the NHL shop(shop.nhl) personalized jerseys are $169.99. non personalized are $114.99, but also these may just be the replicas as oposed to authentics which the listings do not say which they are

Unless they are made of spun gold, that's entirely too freaking much money.

As for someone asking about the price, according to the NHL shop(shop.nhl) personalized jerseys are $169.99. non personalized are $114.99, but also these may just be the replicas as oposed to authentics which the listings do not say which they are

you must not have seen the prices for the All-Star jersey's ($399). I am not a big fan of the prices but this past season I decided I really wanted an authentic Canes jersey and coughed up $199 at the eye (I am a STH so I did get a discount off of that). It is all in what you want, some folks are ok with knock offs while others want the real thing.

And that's really weird, because I did not post the supposed quote by me... It was raphaelprime.

Still on the subject of jerseys, though not our new design, does anyone know whether the nameplates on the current jersey design shares the same texture and fabric weave as the jersey? I'm asking this because I'm thinking about ordering a Sakic namplate/number kit for my Avs jersey, and my Avs jersey is an older model with a different weave than the current air-knit format. I honestly don't care that much, but I'd like to know.

you must not have seen the prices for the All-Star jersey's ($399). I am not a big fan of the prices but this past season I decided I really wanted an authentic Canes jersey and coughed up $199 at the eye (I am a STH so I did get a discount off of that). It is all in what you want, some folks are ok with knock offs while others want the real thing.

I'm thinking about buying a whitney authentic jersey on nhl.com right now the road jersies are going for 200 dollars.

I know, I was just suggesting ideas used by other teams. I personally think cursive "Carolina" would look nice, but not as a main logo.

Yeah I might go along with that idea, like maybe on the shoulders or something. Hey maybe that'd be a good idea for the 3rd jersey, instead of those crazy little eyes, how about "Carolina" in some type of lettering

My problem is that lettering just doesn't look that good on NHL jersey's, I will accept the Rangers as acceptable but no one else. The game moves fast and it becomes a blur durring game play. A logo is always the way to go.

As for the piping and/or stripe situation, I would prefer for neither to be there. But then again I prefer a simpler jersey in general and think that a jersey like VT's can do without the piping (but atleast they seem to have gotten ride of the two color sleve design from last year, those were the definition of ugly.)

I know, I was just suggesting ideas used by other teams. I personally think cursive "Carolina" would look nice, but not as a main logo.

Yeah I might go along with that idea, like maybe on the shoulders or something. Hey maybe that'd be a good idea for the 3rd jersey, instead of those crazy little eyes, how about "Carolina" in some type of lettering

My problem is that lettering just doesn't look that good on NHL jersey's, I will accept the Rangers as acceptable but no one else. The game moves fast and it becomes a blur durring game play. A logo is always the way to go.

As for the piping and/or stripe situation, I would prefer for neither to be there. But then again I prefer a simpler jersey in general and think that a jersey like VT's can do without the piping (but atleast they seem to have gotten ride of the two color sleve design from last year, those were the definition of ugly.)

Those orange sleeves?

Those were a 2-time gimmick that Nike forced us to do.... we burned them the first chance we got

Those orange sleeves?

Those were a 2-time gimmick that Nike forced us to do.... we burned them the first chance we got

Good, hopefully those designs will never come back, in any sport, anywhere ever again. No matter what the canes do as long as they don't go with two different color sleeves, I'm looking at you Thrashers, I think I can handle it.

And its a good thing you burned them because that jersey was evil enough to become a zombie.

I think the white line is a little silly, but at least it isn't a slug.

Is that white stripe a RBK thing? Kind of like the flares on Basketball uniforms? All BB jerseys (Nike I think ??) have them. Look at college uniforms of UNC and Unv of FLA and others, they sit on the collor bone and flare to the side. Wonder if it is a branding thing !!!

I think the white line is a little silly, but at least it isn't a slug.

Is that white stripe a RBK thing? Kind of like the flares on Basketball uniforms? All BB jerseys (Nike I think ??) have them. Look at college uniforms of UNC and Unv of FLA and others, they sit on the collor bone and flare to the side. Wonder if it is a branding thing !!!

Those usually go to teams that made the NCAA tourney the year before

I'm really beginning to wonder if the new jersey's stripe is for real. I found these screen shots on IGN.com and none of them have the white stripe, just the black neck lining.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/900/900...mg_4618232.html

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/900/900...mg_4618228.html

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/900/900...mg_4618229.html

I'm really beginning to wonder if the new jersey's stripe is for real. I found these screen shots on IGN.com and none of them have the white stripe, just the black neck lining.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/900/900...mg_4618232.html[/post]

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/900/900...mg_4618228.html

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/900/900...mg_4618229.html

Dude those are clearly the jersey's they wore last season, and every season before. I don't think these screen shots are including the new reebok designed jerseys. They don't have the NHL logo on the neck, like all new jerseys are going to have, even look at Ottawa's there. I think this might be an earlier screenshot when they were developing the game, or whatever, but those aren't the updated ones. I would say the piping might be there but who knows until they stop jerking us all around and actually show it to us.

Guys, I hate to say this, but after looking at some of the new jerseys for other teams, I'm starting to HIGHLY DOUBT the stripe actually being a pipe. Each team that has debuted a new uniform that has that kind of line around their shoulders (i.e. outlining where that shoulder piece is sewn on) has it at about a 1/2 inch thick stripe. The one that EA Sports accidentally put up there looks exactly like the Boston/LA/Isles layout, and they all have the stripe instead of what we hope to be as a pipe.

I really hate to say this, but it looks like the one that EA has on their site is very close to accurate with how thick that line is...

I do not like the new changes at all. I think it would have been a bit better if it was a black line and not white but then that would makes us a step closer to the devils.

I agree. It would also look better if the line was a little thicker.

Actually not too bad, I'm not, not liking it. I totally thought they would fill in the shoulder area with red and make our whites look kind of like Montreals jerseys, I'm glad they didn't though.