The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ianhimself

New Hurricanes jerseys

Those white ones actually look VERY good with that stripe. I thought it would look foolish, but it actually makes 'em look nicer, in my opinion.

All I have to do now is see the jerseys in person, and I'll have a full decision. Those stripes are starting to grow on me, though.

Those white ones actually look VERY good with that stripe. I thought it would look foolish, but it actually makes 'em look nicer, in my opinion.

All I have to do now is see the jerseys in person, and I'll have a full decision. Those stripes are starting to grow on me, though.

I like them more now that they've revealed the white ones.

I like the stripe or piping. A perfect example of not doing too much when tweaking an existing design. The shoulder bar (or yoke) effect that it creates definitely makes the Canes' jersey look more like an old-school hockey sweater. If that's what the new ones will look like, I say great. Gonna have to start saving up for them though.

Ok ok now that we know what they're going to look like, all I have to ask is, When, When are they going to finally reveal the real ones?

According to one of my sources, Reebok is will reveal them this year at the 2007 caniac carnival. Get ready to open your wallets up too if you want one, replicas will sell for around $225.00!

Not having a jersey yet, the question remains... when the time comes to get one, "old" one, or new one? Another difficult choice is a name on the back, but I'll come to that eventually.

Not having a jersey yet, the question remains... when the time comes to get one, "old" one, or new one? Another difficult choice is a name on the back, but I'll come to that eventually.

Easy my friend, Commodore or Walker

When I finally have the money to burn thats who I'm getting, Commie on the Red, Walker on the white, easy said and done

(Red Commie, I just read that and had to kind of laugh)

When I finally have the money to burn thats who I'm getting, Commie on the Red, Walker on the white, easy said and done

I like Commodore, met him after a game when we went up there. Dunno still. I know my wife will get Whitney. It's really tough to call. Maybe a Williams, Walker, or Ward...

And yeah, funny with the Red Commie.. :lol:

Ok ok now that we know what they're going to look like, all I have to ask is, When, When are they going to finally reveal the real ones?

According to one of my sources, Reebok is will reveal them this year at the 2007 caniac carnival. Get ready to open your wallets up too if you want one, replicas will sell for around $225.00!

Thats way steep, and way too high

I know the Flyers already have pre-orders for their new jerseys out... replicas are going for around $120 each

I like Commodore, met him after a game when we went up there. Dunno still. I know my wife will get Whitney. It's really tough to call. Maybe a Williams, Walker, or Ward...

Well in picking a name for my jersey I think it's smart to pick someone you'll know that will always be remembered as being on the team, or a player who really stood out. Like Brind'Amore or Staal are franchise players and there will always be that immortal photo of Brindy accepting the cup. Commodore and his trademark hair will probably always be enshrined in the memories of 'canes fans and casual hockey watchers alike. Maybe I think too much into it but I mean if they ever get traded, you still have something that is relevant to the present team. Although I have a stanley cup patch on my red one, so who ever I get is going to be a member of the cup winning team on that one.

Ohh yeah and I just really like Walker, so I guess I'm a hypocrite :lol:

Well in picking a name for my jersey I think it's smart to pick someone you'll know that will always be remembered as being on the team, or a player who really stood out. Like Brind'Amore or Staal are franchise players and there will always be that immortal photo of Brindy accepting the cup. Commodore and his trademark hair will probably always be enshrined in the memories of 'canes fans and casual hockey watchers alike. Maybe I think too much into it but I mean if they ever get traded, you still have something that is relevant to the present team. Although I have a stanley cup patch on my red one, so who ever I get is going to be a member of the cup winning team on that one.

Ohh yeah and I just really like Walker, so I guess I'm a hypocrite :lol:

No no. I see exactly what you're saying. I thought about that as well, having someone get traded and then still having their jersey. It's alright if that happens, I'll still like the player (Unless they get offered a huge chunk of change to go play somewhere more "hockey associated" like Montreal or NY). *shrug* ... I'll just make that decision when we order ours.

Thats way steep, and way too high

I know the Flyers already have pre-orders for their new jerseys out... replicas are going for around $120 each

Yeah actually you can pre-order a Caps jersey for $99 right now and then after September they will be $115.

Man that sucks, looks like they may have went with the ultra lame shiney version of their logo from their 3rd jerseys. I only hope they go back to Orange as their dark jerseys, the black sucks

Looks like EA just accidentally released the Flyers' jersey a little too early as well...

philly3.jpg

gagne.jpg

The funny thing is, Gagne is not their captain. They have not decided on a captain yet.

Looks like EA just accidentally released the Flyers' jersey a little too early as well...

philly3.jpg

gagne.jpg

The funny thing is, Gagne is not their captain. They have not decided on a captain yet.

I'm sure he may have been a top candidate prior to all the signings they just made in the past few weeks/months...

philly3.jpg

gagne.jpg

The other funny thing is that it shows the flyers winning a stanley cup! :lol:

$225?!! Wow, I think I'll just wrap some white electric tape on the shoulders of my jersey!

The other funny thing is that it shows the flyers winning a stanley cup!

Have you seen their team as of late?

Nasty, nasty stuff. Gonna be even worse if that rumor about Teemu is true.

i like the new jerseys,

they do kinda look the same but has that extra touch.

and yess you guys all know the red for commodore.

haha i was reading that about my post.

i would deffinately tell you to get commodore or

if you dont want him go for walker, williams, ward.

have fun choosing. :]

The other funny thing is that it shows the flyers winning a stanley cup!

Have you seen their team as of late?

Nasty, nasty stuff. Gonna be even worse if that rumor about Teemu is true.

Thats no guarantee of success. Look at the flyers roster last year: Peter Forsberg , Simon Gagne, Derian Hatcher, Petr Nedved, Joni Pitkanen, Keith Primeau, Sami Kapanen, Mike Knuble, etc... Didn't really sound like a 30th place team. But we know how that turned out.