The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cupkrazy

Staal Arrested!!!!!

What if, two very big words, Staal would have stumbled around or some drunk friend fell on him and Staal's knee was torn up or an ankle? Would this be brushed off as guys having fun? Yes, we know that did not happen but what about at the next big party. Remember Steve Chaisson?

i am sure they are all aware of that!! a person can't stop living because of what happened to one person. we all take risks every day, the minute we get in a car, or go out in public.

Biggest thing we have to worry about is Buffalo fans coming down on October 24 and trying to act stupid about this.

What my Dukie friend said here. And it's not like Buffalo fan probably hasn't acted worse here at RBC.

That being said, this is probably just a case of bad judgment from a 22 year old kid. Hopefully everyone learned their lesson here and will grow from it.

Ah no big thing, just part of growing up in this day and age. Not like he's going to get fired from work because of it. Being arrested sucks, can't say I have ever been but I know a few good people my age that have been because of acting stupid while partying. Ah well, just gotta party smart...........just like my home boys at App State do, can I get an Amen

What if, two very big words, Staal would have stumbled around or some drunk friend fell on him and Staal's knee was torn up or an ankle? Would this be brushed off as guys having fun? Yes, we know that did not happen but what about at the next big party. Remember Steve Chaisson?

i am sure they are all aware of that!! a person can't stop living because of what happened to one person. we all take risks every day, the minute we get in a car, or go out in public.

What he said. Besides, Chiasson died because he refused any sort of ride home, even though he was only a few drinks away from getting alcohol poisoning.

As for Staal losing his spot on the cover, I don't think that'll happen unless something a lot worse went down that we don't know about, or if the media blows this way out of proportion. The only NHL'er that I know of who lost his spot was Heatley, and that was because he got buzzed and got Snyder killed after hitting a wall at 85 MPH in a suburban Atlanta neighborhood.

Ouch. What a shame. That said, I'm thinking that Eric and Jordan are gonna learn from this "oops," and will plan to adhere even more closely to their image in their fans' hearts and minds: classy and poised young men.

Jan/GSBG

But who doesn't do things they're not proud of when they're 22?

Not I, asu. When I was 22, I lived at home ... under the obsessively watchful eye of two ultra-strict parents (my mom was a 4'11" Nazi, IMHO, who could kill with an angry expression). If that wasn't enough, I maintained a full and demanding academic schedule at CSU Fullerton, the university from which I earned my B.A.

What can I say? I'm a party animal now, at age 45 ... within limits of legality and decency, that is. (Sorry to go so far off topic, but Mr. GSBG and I will be participating in a major fundraising event this Friday for our local Chamber of Commerce, in which we need to be party people at our most exuberant: http://www.yorbalindachamber.org/pgm-cal-details.inc.php?id=9cbf5814b3debcf345a354f1d0ff9ce7' target="_blank">http://www.yorbalindachamber.org/pgm-cal-d...5a354f1d0ff9ce7[/post])

Anyway, folks, here's to Eric's and Jordan's learning from their collective mistake.

Jan/GSBG

But who doesn't do things they're not proud of when they're 22?

Not I, asu. When I was 22, I lived at home ... under the obsessively watchful eye of two ultra-strict parents (my mom was a 4'11" Nazi, IMHO, who could kill with an angry expression). If that wasn't enough, I maintained a full and demanding academic schedule at CSU Fullerton, the university from which I earned my B.A.

What can I say? I'm a party animal now, at age 45 ... within limits of legality and decency, that is. (Sorry to go so far off topic, but Mr. GSBG and I will be participating in a major fundraising event this Friday for our local Chamber of Commerce, in which we need to be party people at our most exuberant: http://www.yorbalindachamber.org/pgm-cal-d...5a354f1d0ff9ce7)

Jan/GSBG

Haha, allow me to rephrase... when given enough opportunities, who doesn't do anything they're not proud of when they're young (not just 22)? :P

I'm one of the most straight-laced people I know, but I've probably done a few things that were pretty stupid looking back. Nothing comes to mind that would have gotten me in handcuffs or anything like that, but I'm sure I can think of a few things I wouldn't write home about. It's just part of growing up I guess.

Phew... I was thinking it might be something kinda bad. Anyway as other people have said,"boys will be boys". I think cops kinda go over board when they arrest famous people tho. I mean WOW they were sleeping in bed THAN the cops kicked them out of the house. Thats very smart isn't it? Gee, lets just make them get behind the wheel by kicking them out of the house.

Phew... I was thinking it might be something kinda bad. Anyway as other people have said,"boys will be boys". I think cops kinda go over board when they arrest famous people tho. I mean WOW they were sleeping in bed THAN the cops kicked them out of the house. Thats very smart isn't it? Gee, lets just make them get behind the wheel by kicking them out of the house.

no some of them were still partying, thats why they ALL got kicked out

no some of them were still partying, thats why they ALL got kicked out

Oh I see now. Well IMO I still think its kinda dumb they let them stay outside. I think there could have been a better plan the police could have made. Oh well...

Just wish the guys could've kept things a wee bit quieter in their revelry. That's all.

Haha, allow me to rephrase... when given enough opportunities, who doesn't do things they're not proud of when they're young (not just 22)? :P

Well, asu, count me as Person #1 on that list of "never did stupid stuff as a twentysomething." Right before I earned my B.A., I met Mr. G -- in the mid-1980s, a tee-totalling, ultra-straight-laced young man who taught Sunday school classes -- and basically knocked myself out trying to impress him by being as well behaved, classy, elegant, intelligent, and poised as possible. (That said, I probably embarrassed myself by being too prim and wooden. :( )

But, hey ... that just meant that we took things easy enough in our early years to enjoy things a bit as geezers in our late 40s. What can I say? We're enjoying things now hugely (when we're not caught up in the time-consuming, stressful rigamarole of packing our things, in time for our July 30 move).

Jan/GSBG

;) I wonder if Letowski was with them too, he is getting married one week after Staal in Turtle Bay. Some of the guys ran in the woods and were not caught according to one of those reports posted, he might have been one of them-Hmm. When I read about this I just giggled and smiled and remembered one of my favorite Tom Hank's movies 'Bachelor Party'. Lets all rent it and have a canes-bachelor party in honor of Staal, we can invite the local cane players. Party is at Caniac97's house, Saturday night 7:00pm. I'll bring my mexican chili/cheese dip. :P:lol::rolleyes: