The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cupkrazy

Staal Arrested!!!!!

this is a typical party for a newlywed.

That was Eric's bachelor party -- a shindig thrown for a man about to be married, not for one who's already tied the knot.

One semi-related issued that deserves a teensy bit of attention, in light of La Lohan's latest DUI incident, is the need for "ripped" revelers to have a sober driver take them home. If both Staals had planned to spend the night at Eric's digs, this would be a non-topic, but if they were elsewhere ... well, would they (or a friend) have called a taxi, or arranged for a sober driver? I'm guessing -- and hoping -- their judgment would've been sound enough to do that.

Jan/GSBG

;) I wonder if Letowski was with them too, he is getting married one week after Staal in Turtle Bay. Some of the guys ran in the woods and were not caught according to one of those reports posted, he might have been one of them-Hmm. When I read about this I just giggled and smiled and remembered one of my favorite Tom Hank's movies 'Bachelor Party'. Lets all rent it and have a canes-bachelor party in honor of Staal, we can invite the local cane players. Party is at Caniac97's house, Saturday night 7:00pm. I'll bring my mexican chili/cheese dip. :P:lol::rolleyes:

I'll bring the BEER :lol::P

this is a typical party for a newlywed.

That was Eric's bachelor party -- a shindig thrown for a man about to be married, not for one who's already tied the knot.

One semi-related issued that deserves a teensy bit of attention, in light of La Lohan's latest DUI incident, is the need for "ripped" revelers to have a sober driver take them home. If both Staals had planned to spend the night at Eric's digs, this would be a non-topic, but if they were elsewhere ... well, would they (or a friend) have called a taxi, or arranged for a sober driver? I'm guessing -- and hoping -- their judgment would've been sound enough to do that.

Jan/GSBG

yeahh i know it was a bachelor party,

but i ment like its crazy around wedding parties.

and agreeing that they should know to call someone.

What if, two very big words, Staal would have stumbled around or some drunk friend fell on him and Staal's knee was torn up or an ankle? Would this be brushed off as guys having fun? Yes, we know that did not happen but what about at the next big party. Remember Steve Chaisson?

Dude, to quote the infamous Sargent Hulka, ".....lighten up Francis!".... :P

I wonder how this will affect his EA cover.

I hope they don't drop him. It's a possibility now.

Really? For this?

It is a misdemeanor... It's not a big deal to me but I think there's a possiblity that EA might freak out. They'd say that he isn't a good role model for kids who might buy the game.

Shoot....I didn't even think about that. This is not good.

woah i didnt think about that either..

thats a scary thought.

He's legal. Its not like he was drinking underage unlike his younger brother Jordan.

It was a bachelor party, what'd you expect. And Its not like they were drinking and driving either. When you get 20 some young guys together with beer, their gonna get obnoxious and be loud and disorderly. Crap, I'm surprised I wasn't arrested for half the parties I've been too.

yeah That sucks jordan's only 18!!!

Too bad they weren't in Canada, since 18 is the legal drinking age up there.

p.s. Commodorelover, I just put in for my blank red jersey to now become my red Commodore jersey, I figured you could appreciate a move like that haha

Too bad they weren't in Canada, since 18 is the legal drinking age up there.

p.s. Commodorelover, I just put in for my blank red jersey to now become my red Commodore jersey, I figured you could appreciate a move like that haha

smart move!!! :D

he is amazinggg. haha

everyone will want it soon.

Perhaps Eric could do a mea culpa promotion for the designated driver spots that are run before the Canes game.
Oh, nice memory colliefan....I'd forgot Staalsy did those spots last season before the games. Oopsie!

I wonder how this will affect his EA cover.

I hope they don't drop him. It's a possibility now.

Really? For this?

It is a misdemeanor... It's not a big deal to me but I think there's a possiblity that EA might freak out. They'd say that he isn't a good role model for kids who might buy the game.

Shoot....I didn't even think about that. This is not good.

woah i didnt think about that either..

thats a scary thought.

they wont do anything

he didnt really do anything that bad if you look at it

i bet all the other hockey players got drunk at there bachelor party, and eric obeyed the police, so that should be a good thing

What kills me about it is this:

According to a release from the Cook County Sheriff's Office sent out Wednesday, police began receiving complaints at 12:30 a.m. of "approximately 20 people screaming, yelling, and playing loud music." The group was warned by police around 12:50 a.m. to quiet down "or they may be removed from the property, issued citations/arrested, and/or deported from the country."

Curran said both players were among those who obeyed the first police warnings.

"Unfortunately, those that did get up and go to bed when first warned about the noise, including Eric and Jordan, are still among those that were woken up and asked to leave the hotel," said Curran.

Perhaps Eric could do a mea culpa promotion for the designated driver spots that are run before the Canes game.

He did obey his own 'don't drink and drive' campaign. He went for a walk instead of a drive. :lol:

What kills me about it is this:

According to a release from the Cook County Sheriff's Office sent out Wednesday, police began receiving complaints at 12:30 a.m. of "approximately 20 people screaming, yelling, and playing loud music." The group was warned by police around 12:50 a.m. to quiet down "or they may be removed from the property, issued citations/arrested, and/or deported from the country."

Curran said both players were among those who obeyed the first police warnings.

"Unfortunately, those that did get up and go to bed when first warned about the noise, including Eric and Jordan, are still among those that were woken up and asked to leave the hotel," said Curran.

yeah i know, isnt that the stupidest thing on earth

i mean arrest the others

and let eric and jordan and the other sleepers stay :)

He did obey his own 'don't drink and drive' campaign. He went for a walk instead of a drive. :lol:

WWI... Walking while intoxicated. Hope he was wearing his helmet & protective gear. You know how those sober drivers can be sometimes. :lol:

Well, it looks like he'll keep the cover. They'll just change it around a little.

thum_3101646a7ad35ab555.jpg

:lol:

And that's a big darned cell if he can play a hockey game in it, lmao!!!

It's the only way they could contain Staal's awesome power :P

Well, it looks like he'll keep the cover. They'll just change it around a little.

thum_3101646a7ad35ab555.jpg

:lol:

Someone's been very busy :o