The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cupkrazy

Staal Arrested!!!!!

naughtystaals.jpg

They look innocent to me, although it looks as if Jordan was dressed properly for the mug shot.

Whats with the X's on Jordan's collar?

I'm guessing it has to do with the amount of drinks he consumed... maybe it was like Star Trek and he drank the most, so he got the rank of Captain

I wonder what the posts would have been like if the same story involved....lets say....Crosby. If I had to bet they would be totally different then this lighthearted stuff......just something to think about it.

I wonder what the posts would have been like if the same story involved....lets say....Crosby. If I had to bet they would be totally different then this lighthearted stuff......just something to think about it.

No, we'd still be laughing about how much of a joke it is that people are making such a big deal about a bachelor's party...

Arresting 14 people for being annoying to motorists seems a little overkill to me....

Well, if Crosby was having a bachlour party, I'd be willing to bet it'd be the same responses. And even if he wasn't, as long as Crosby wasn't out there drinking and driving, most people wouldn't have a problem with it.

Arresting 14 people for being annoying to motorists seems a little overkill to me....

What kills me is that this resort is apparently in the middle of nowhere. Now who in their right mind is driving down a highway at 3am if this place is in the middle of nowhere.

But anyway, back on topic, apparently when the boys got kicked out, they were going to another hotel. Props to them for not getting in their cars and making the hike.

Curran said Staal already was in bed when he and the rest of the group were told to leave and that they were on their way to another hotel when the arrests occurred.

And seems the future Mrs. Staal is gonna be the spokesperson for the family :P

"They are a little embarrassed but they are all right," Eric Staal's fiance, Tanya Vandenbroeke, said last night.

"They didn't mean anything by it. It was all blown a little out of proportion. It was just a couple of guys having fun."

In fact, she said, "I spoke with Eric on the telephone after the police came the first time."

She was surprised it escalated to this level.

"They are not like that," she said of the Staals. "They are not idiots."

Glad to see most everyone keeping a good perspective of the situation. Anyone who hasn't done something stupid or embarrasing (whether or not impaired in anyway) in their lives, hasn't really lived then. Mistakes are a necessary (and often and oh so fun at the time) part of growing up.

Besides, I've seen worse alcohol related behavior one or two times at the RBC Center (by both Canes and non-Canes fans) than what Eric, Jordan and their accompanying entourage did.

And, as most have said, thankfully the group were smart enough to not get behind the wheel after drinking a bit too much. I'm guessing the same can't be said about some people leaving the arena after a hockey game.

This is a stupid non-story. They should have never been arrested. Tell them to turn down the music, give them a warning, and go fight real crime.

Well it did happen in small-town Minnesota, where the cops probably aren't very busy. If this were in Minneapolis that's probably all they would have done.

If it had been Crosby, NBC and ESPN would be fighting for the rights to broadcast it as a special event!!

If it had been Crosby, NBC and ESPN would be fighting for the rights to broadcast it as a special event!!

The new unofficial best post of the day^^^

The new unofficial best post of the day^^^

if it were crosby i would be overwhelmed with joy because we finally have some proof that 1. OMGZ HE'S NOT PERFECT! and 2. that he actually is a human with a personality, not a robot.

if it were crosby i would be overwhelmed with joy because we finally have some proof that 1. OMGZ HE'S NOT PERFECT! and 2. that he actually is a human with a personality, not a robot.
Didn't Crosby have somekind of issue with underage drinking? Or was it just that he was asked to leave a bar because he was underage? This was in Dallas during the All-Star festivities, I believe.

What about jordan? Busted for drinking underage when it happens every day across the country, including yours truly a time or three, though I dislike alcohol in general (irritates me that the most dangerous drug is the legal one). It's a little unfair to him.

Eric you party animal, you are definitely my favorite cane! Damn police always ruining everybody's fun. :angry:

I dislike alcohol in general (irritates me that the most dangerous drug is the legal one)

I don't want to turn this into a discussion about drugs, but thats not even close to being true

Hell, heroine, cocaine, LSD, etc etc etc are all infinitesimally worse than alcohol. Heck, even tobacco will have long lasting negative effects to your body...

Alcohol, if drunk in moderation, can actually improve your health

I dislike alcohol in general (irritates me that the most dangerous drug is the legal one)

I don't want to turn this into a discussion about drugs, but thats not even close to being true

Then dont, thanks.

Back on topic, didn't "Dancing" Eddie Belfour get himself into a bit of a jam early last season. If I recall, he actually had to be physically removed out of a bar in Miami after some pretty nasty drunken behavior. I don't believe anything but a slap on the wrist came from that one.

Eric Staal's bachelor party behavior goes on everywhere all over the US, and apparently in Canada too. The only reason we even know about it is cause it involves public figures (and a pretty well known family in Canada). Unless something worse happened that we're just not hearing, the whole thing will be a non-event in a few days. Although I would love to be in that locker room for the first day of camp. I think the guys are gonna have some fun with this one.

Then dont, thanks.

Back on topic, didn't "Dancing" Eddie Belfour get himself into a bit of a jam early last season. If I recall, he actually had to be physically removed out of a bar in Miami after some pretty nasty drunken behavior. I don't believe anything but a slap on the wrist came from that one.

Eric Staal's bachelor party behavior goes on everywhere all over the US, and apparently in Canada too. The only reason we even know about it is cause it involves public figures (and a pretty well known family in Canada). Unless something worse happened that we're just not hearing, the whole thing will be a non-event in a few days. Although I would love to be in that locker room for the first day of camp. I think the guys are gonna have some fun with this one.

In the general scheme of things it was a rather lame bachelor party (given some of the wilder ones - what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas). I think people are making a lot out of a little thing. This ranks up their with tearing off a mattress tag. Slap on the wrist and a warning to not do it again - AT WORST. With Eric's money they will more than likely get a prayer for judgment and it will disappear if they behave for a year.

................... Damn police always ruining everybody's fun. :angry:

You know, there are probably cops that come here to post about the 'Canes and love hockey as much as the next guy. They probably also think of other 'Canes fans as "extended family" in that they all have something in common, the Hurricanes. While I support your right to have and state an opinion, I think you could do it more respectfully. After all, the police don't make the laws, they just enforce them. I'm sure most cops, whether they are 'Canes fans or not, would come to your aid "no questions asked" if you needed help. Or......if you dislike the police that much, call your lawyer when you have a gun stuck in your face by some thug, I'm sure he'll rush right over to help you.