The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cupkrazy

Staal Arrested!!!!!

Back on topic, didn't "Dancing" Eddie Belfour get himself into a bit of a jam early last season. If I recall, he actually had to be physically removed out of a bar in Miami after some pretty nasty drunken behavior. I don't believe anything but a slap on the wrist came from that one.

Yep, he even got Tasered :lol:

I'm not sure how people can blame the cops for this. First of all, the neighbors called because they were been too loud with the partying. They were warned to keep it down. They didn't. Police were called again by the neighbor and the police returned.

I called once on my neighbor for been too loud with his partying. Yes, he was arrested too because I called three times. He returned the next day to apologize to me and my family for his actions. I have two small children who were awaked by the partying. I have to look after their best interest so who is not to say this is not the same scenario here. I don't think the po po was ridding around in that neighborhood and said."Oh, lets mess with these guys".

Bottom line...someone was in the wrong and it was not the police (not this time). Maybe it was the plumber or the mailman's fault (LOL). When I was young and had a party, I would always have at least one person there that didn't like to drink or agreed not to so they could keep order. Maybe that is what should have taken place here.

I think yall are "beating a dead horse" here! The party got out of hand. No one got hurt or killed and no one was driving drunk. Unless Staal did one of the above or becomes an alcoholic....he is still my 2nd favorite player.

It's a burn because really it was a batchelor party and these things happen. The police would have been in a bad spot had they not done anything. People would have claimed these guys were getting preferential treatment because of who they are. This much I know.

The two pictures and a headline are taking up the whole front page of the Toronto Sun today. Bit much, I think, but that's the Sun for you. :rolleyes:

It's a burn because really it was a batchelor party and these things happen. The police would have been in a bad spot had they not done anything. People would have claimed these guys were getting preferential treatment because of who they are. This much I know.

The two pictures and a headline are taking up the whole front page of the Toronto Sun today. Bit much, I think, but that's the Sun for you. :rolleyes:

Yes, indeed, quite a front page story....good grief, talk about over-kill! :huh:

torcov.jpg

This paragraph from the Toronto Sun "report" is equally over-the-top:

"Move over Lindsay, Britney and Paris. The boys from Thunder Bay -- who both at one time played for the Peteborough Petes -- were making their own reality show. The only thing missing was the Bad Boys theme music from the TV show Cops."

So, when Buffalo fans, ages 20-24, come to the games drunk and make noise and harrass some people driving, will it be boys being boys?

Yes, if all that some rowdy Saber fans did was to "make noise and harass some people driving" I would probably give them an award for good behavior. You keep trying to make something bad out of this incident. Nothing happened. No one got hurt. Ok some were disturbed and missed some sleep and if I read between the lines correctly, some poor unsuspecting motorist probably got mooned. I'll bet that all who were the "victims" are probably bragging to all of their friends about what happened.

It's was just a batchelor party. Probably no more noisier than other batchelor parties. Just the guest of honor and guests were under the microscope. From all I have seen of Eric he is a very respectable and fun loving guy and responsible. Guys will be guys when you get them together. Good luck Eric and Jordan. We fans love you guys (Eric our hurricane guy)

Well, all I can say is I hope it's no worse than what we have been told and the charges get dropped. I'm sure they have learned their lesson and hope they can laugh about this in the near future.

Well, all I can say is I hope it's no worse than what we have been told and the charges get dropped. I'm sure they have learned their lesson and hope they can laugh about this in the near future.

I hope the wedding goes a little smoother :o

I hope the wedding goes a little smoother :o

First I must say all I know is what I read in the newspapers.

If the Stalls were awakend by the police after the police told them to go to bed, why are the Staal's at fault?

What is the probability a Staal will play in Minnesota?

What is the probability a Staal will play in TORONTO?

It doesn't matter where you buy it, it's where you go after you buy it. I was in the military and at the time drinking on base was 18 but outside the gates, the state was 21. I picked up a case and was headed to a friends house to watch football and was pulled for speeding. (My dumb luck...but I was late). The police officer saw the beer and I went to jail for "a minor with alcohol." $150 fine....

Anyway, back to Eric, they could get him for "contributing to a minor" as well. Not sure where this will go but hopefully they will understand that it was a bachelor party and the poor sole is about to be tied down. :blink:

But raising cane of the side of a highway while drinking....just dumb!

Well, let's just get the season started and play some hockey! I'm ready!

Well Don Cherry is not happy with the Toronto Sun and let it be known.

Two Words: Go Cherry!!

http://torontosun.com/News/Canada/2007/07/27/4372299-sun.html' target="_blank">http://torontosun.com/News/Canada/2007/07/...372299-sun.html[/post]

Wow... talk about a writer who has been completely obliterated. Even tries to put his own slant to it to make himself seem to be in the right and he still looks like a complete fool. I even like how the writer brought up drinking and driving when there was no drinking and driving and even began to refer to Cherry as 'Sour Grapes'... wow... just wow

Seriously, the NHL needs to have its own network, and Don Cherry, Barry Melrose, Bill Clement, etc all need to be in the studio... that would be awesome