The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cupkrazy

Staal Arrested!!!!!

Did anyone see this in the N&O this AM? It was under the "Letters to the sports editor". I was surprised this guy feels this strongly about the whole thing. I had to chuckle after I read it.

"Published: Aug 05, 2007 12:30 AM Modified: Aug 05, 2007 04:35 AM

Letters to the sports editor

Canes' inaction over Staal's arrest is sad

So no disciplinary action will be taken by the Carolina Hurricanes in regards to Eric Staal's arrest for disorderly conduct?

That's a great message the Hurricanes are sending to the young people in this community -- if you are popular, young, rich and athletically talented, and you act like a jerk and get arrested, the team you are the public face for doesn't think it matters.

It is obvious that the attitudes of the NBA, NFL and other sporting organizations have carried over to the NHL: "You are better than everyone else because you are a professional athlete. Go on out there, have a good time, drink, party, get arrested, no problem! We'll look the other way!"

Pathetic. I would have expected better from the management of a Stanley Cup-winning team. I'll think twice before going to a Hurricanes game this season.

K.D. Wade

Raleigh"

http://www.newsobserver.com/print/sunday/sports/story/660584.html' target="_blank">http://www.newsobserver.com/print/sunday/s...ory/660584.html[/post]

Apparently this person must not be from the United States where you are "innocent until proven guilty"!! Was really lame IMO.

I sent a rebuttal to this, we will see if it gets equal time.

Holly sh!! Eric and his brother were arrested.......

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/648918.html

What can we say, boys will be boys. It's too bad that things got out of hand,especiallywith Jordan drinking. If this is the worst thing a hockey player does we are still doing better than other sports atheletes.

Slow news day obviously.

I can't express judgement like the author because I don't know the facts. I have not seen the paper reporting any facts other than the arrest.

Did anyone see this in the N&O this AM? It was under the "Letters to the sports editor". I was surprised this guy feels this strongly about the whole thing. I had to chuckle after I read it.

So no disciplinary action will be taken by the Carolina Hurricanes in regards to Eric Staal's arrest for disorderly conduct?

That's a great message the Hurricanes are sending to the young people in this community -- if you are popular, young, rich and athletically talented, and you act like a jerk and get arrested, the team you are the public face for doesn't think it matters.

It is obvious that the attitudes of the NBA, NFL and other sporting organizations have carried over to the NHL: "You are better than everyone else because you are a professional athlete. Go on out there, have a good time, drink, party, get arrested, no problem! We'll look the other way!"

Pathetic. I would have expected better from the management of a Stanley Cup-winning team. I'll think twice before going to a Hurricanes game this season.

K.D. Wade

Raleigh"

http://www.newsobserver.com/print/sunday/sports/story/660584.html' target="_blank">http://www.newsobserver.com/print/sunday/s...ory/660584.html[/post]

One word....Tool. That's exactly what this person is. Maybe this person needs to get out more.

K.D. Wade

Raleigh"

I saw this as well

comical at best... anyone K.D.'s phone number? I'ma gonna give him a call and inquire about how much he's willing to sell his tickets for...

K.D. Wade

Raleigh"

http://www.newsobserver.com/print/sunday/s...ory/660584.html

I saw this as well

comical at best... anyone K.D.'s phone number? I'ma gonna give him a call and inquire about how much he's willing to sell his tickets for...

Wonder if its the same person that complained about putting a Canes jersey on the statue in downtown Raleigh during the SCF's? He was a real popular guy after that :rolleyes:

K.D. Wade

Raleigh"

http://www.newsobserver.com/print/sunday/s...ory/660584.html

I saw this as well

Wonder if its the same person that complained about putting a Canes jersey on the statue in downtown Raleigh during the SCF's? He was a real popular guy after that :rolleyes:

The article was printed on a slow news day, and the response was written because "K.D Wade" had nothing else to complain about. Sometimes I wonder about this city. :rolleyes:

No, I'm being perfectly serious, the name rings a bell. If it's the same guy, that's about as freakin idiotic as you can get.

I agree and think you are correct, I sent a nasty rebuttal to the N&O about "innocent until proven guilty" and "management shouldn't react to what Staal "might" have done, that is what the court system is for".

I don't think its the same guy

Googled his name and the only thing I got was today's Letter to the Editor

Really? Because I found out about as much as I'd ever want to know. Assuming the writer is a he, there's two male "K.D Wade"s in Raleigh, NC. And a quick look in an online phonebook gave me their numbers, addresses, and directions to said addresses.

The Internet is really creepy sometimes.

I don't think its the same guy

Googled his name and the only thing I got was today's Letter to the Editor

Really? Because I found out about as much as I'd ever want to know. Assuming the writer is a he, there's two male "K.D Wade"s in Raleigh, NC. And a quick look in an online phonebook gave me their numbers, addresses, and directions to said addresses.

The Internet is really creepy sometimes.

yes it is and not always correct. had a past GF cuss me out and acuse me of living with another woman. when i asked her *edit* she said she googled my home phone number and it came up with a woman's name and a different address. Never a dull moment in my life.

If this Wade is the same person that complained about the jerserys, I have my rebutle right here...

At least the Canes organization and the Brother's Staal are'nt as neurotic as you!

I remember that whole thing about the statues and it made me mad as hell that this guy would take it that way. I just have to preface that by saying I am an avid history buff and a native North Carolinian, who is proud of the fact that I was born and raised a mere 15 miles from NC's greatest Governor, Governor Vance's, birthplace.

But that whole thing in no way, what so ever, displayed any disrespect for Vance, Aycock, Jackson, Johnson or Polk when they put those jerseys on them. It was just good clean fun. Man I just get mad when people overreact about stupid stuff. Why have people in our society lost their sense of humor and fun, it's depressing.

Plus knowing of Gov. Vance's personality, a man who once told a senator from Rhode Island when he called him out about an ordiance about the French Broad River, saying the Rhode Isladn senator syaing 'why should the US senate concern themselves with a little river in NC that I could half spit across' Vance replied, 'Why should I be stopped by a senator from a state I could half piss across', I'm sure he would have gotten a kick out of it.

p.s. When Vance was sanctioned and told he was out of order, he replied 'You're right if I were in full order I could probably piss across the rest of it'

No, I'm being perfectly serious, the name rings a bell. If it's the same guy, that's about as freakin idiotic as you can get.

I agree and think you are correct, I sent a nasty rebuttal to the N&O about "innocent until proven guilty" and "management shouldn't react to what Staal "might" have done, that is what the court system is for".

Your not the only one. A poster over at the LGC board posted their reply to this tools statement. It was actually quite funny what they wrote. Would be nice to have N&O post theirs and yours reply, but the N&O loves to post negative things about the Canes so why should they post the truth.

I guess we have learned NOTHING from the Duke LX case. There has been no court date as yet. From the description is is likely he may be exonerated if he went to bed when warned the 1st time.

Jeeze.

I guess we have learned NOTHING from the Duke LX case. There has been no court date as yet. From the description is is likely he may be exonerated if he went to bed when warned the 1st time.

Jeeze.

there is a hearing later this week, in one of the media outlets Staal's agent stated he felt the charges will be dropped. Law enforcement has much more serious things to do than to prosecute a few youngsters that got a little wild at a bachelor party, there was no damage to property and no one was harmed.

Jeeze.

there is a hearing later this week, in one of the media outlets Staal's agent stated he felt the charges will be dropped. Law enforcement has much more serious things to do than to prosecute a few youngsters that got a little wild at a bachelor party, there was no damage to property and no one was harmed.

I know here in the UK, courts like to make an example of people like the Staal brothers who are in the public eye, an example to younsters by punishing them. Rather than just saying "OK, You're famous, we know know you're sorry, let's just forget about it!"

Jeeze.

I know here in the UK, courts like to make an example of people like the Staal brothers who are in the public eye, an example to younsters by punishing them. Rather than just saying "OK, You're famous, we know know you're sorry, let's just forget about it!"

given the circumstances though it would make the court look really trivial and would probably be dropped on appeal. Would be a waste of court time to prosecute.