The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hattrick1995

Who Do You Think Will Be The Best Player This Year?

As much as you may like Whitney if you want this team to go anywhere you'd better hope it's Staal. That's my pick. 90+ points is what we need out of him.

Staal will put up the most points.

I think Ladd is gonna have a really good year for us.

I also think Gleason is gonna put up the points as long as he stays healthy. LA screwed him up by making him play more defense, I think Lavi is gonna get his offense instincts back.

Rookie

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,697

Ya You Are Right He Will Most Likey Be The Best. He will be the best player with a shot cause EVERY TIME Staal goes on a break away all he needs to do is take a rister glove side in everytime!

Actually its low blocker side and its in everytime...

Grahame?

I honestly think that Ladd is gonna have a great year, though not best out of the canes.

Staal will rebound but not by much

Whitney will decline a bit

Stillman will go up

but as far as best? Its a toss up between Williams and Brindy at least in my opinion.

i think Ray Whitney will be the top scorrer again. He is my favorite :rolleyes:

Staal possibly Whitney, Williams, or Cullen. I hope there all the best as a majority of the other teams.

Cullen one of our four best players? I seriously hope not. He's a third liner. For him to be in the top four point getters someone ahead of him would have to have a real off year. Staal, Whitney, Cole, Williams, Brind'amour and maybe even Stillman should all put up more points than Cullen.

Now hold on...that's not too outrageous...

Cully's coming back as a more versatile player- and who knows what he can do with more ice time and a full season (no broken jaw!:}). His return gives us 3 killer, threatening lines again....so when one slumps....wow- Lavi's going to have options!Lots of options!

We all should hope it will be Staal- He's the horse of the franchise, the future, and it would be a great story... bouncing back after a "ho-hum" yr...!

Will a healthy Stilly(again) take time/production from Whitney or Williams?

Colsey more healthy? Ladd more ice time, mean more numbers?

will Scotty put up bigger #s with Cully centering? wow-that would be awesome!!!

I hope we have 8 20 goal scorers, and 4 with 100+ points! Maybe more!

I don't see Cullen or Ladd being our top player, simply because of the time restraints. Being on the third line means less ice time. Obviously, when players of equal or greater talent than you are getting more ice time than you are, it's assumed that they'll put up more numbers than you will.

I'll go ahead and throw out a name that's been left out: Wardo. Numbers are great and all, but a great goalie can do wonders.

Now hold on...that's not too outrageous...

Cully's coming back as a more versatile player- and who knows what he can do with more ice time and a full season (no broken jaw!:}). His return gives us 3 killer, threatening lines again....so when one slumps....wow- Lavi's going to have options!Lots of options!

We all should hope it will be Staal- He's the horse of the franchise, the future, and it would be a great story... bouncing back after a "ho-hum" yr...!

Will a healthy Stilly(again) take time/production from Whitney or Williams?

Colsey more healthy? Ladd more ice time, mean more numbers?

will Scotty put up bigger #s with Cully centering? wow-that would be awesome!!!

I hope we have 8 20 goal scorers, and 4 with 100+ points! Maybe more!

No offense but a lot of what you just said is pretty ridiculous. Saying Cullen will be in our top four best players because he won't miss time due to a broken jaw isn't a valid reason. He missed all of a week with that injury before returning with his spaceman helmet. He played 78 games year. For anyone to only miss 4 games all year is damn good. Cullen, by nature, is a streaky player. This is not my opinion, it is a fact that has been proven over the course of his career. He puts up points in bunches and then disappears for long stretches of time. Anyone remember how he went 20+ games without a goal for us? If Cullen is one of our best 4 players then I fear that would mean we missed the playoffs again. Kinda like the year Vasicek was our best player. 8 20 goal scorers is unlikely but not so impossible that I'll disagree with it but saying 4 players with 100+ points and maybe even more is crazy. We only have one guy on this team capable of breaking the 100 point mark and that's Staal. No one else on this team will hit 100 points, seriously.

Personally I think that Ladd is going to have a breakthrough year,

and that Staal will have a comeback from a bad season last year.

Whit, J-Willie, and Brinds just keep bringing it..

Whitney, Staal, Williams, Brind'Amour, Ladd, Cullen..

SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM! haha.

we are going to have a good offense no matter what.

i think we are going to have multiple high scorers.

Hi,

I don't post very often, but I do enjoy reading everyone's comments. I'm a little surprised that Cole has not been mentioned as a top 3 or 4 choice.

All the same, I think Staal will lead in points, followed closely by Cole.

<><

Hi,

I don't post very often, but I do enjoy reading everyone's comments. I'm a little surprised that Cole has not been mentioned as a top 3 or 4 choice.

All the same, I think Staal will lead in points, followed closely by Cole.

<><

If Cole follows Staal closely in points then Staal had another subpar year. I don't think Cole will ever put up more than 70-ish points but that's ok because he does tons of other things.

Staal had better be the one to lead in goals/assists. Probably followed by Stillman, who should be on a line with Cole and Staal, followed by Williams/Brind'Amour, who will again lead in TOI.