The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
copcaniac

preseason

I have something to chime in about the 'free' pre-season game.

GO EARLY

Me and my roommate drove the almost 3.5 hours from Boone one time to the RBC Center only to get there and be told 'All tickets have already been given out'. To my amazement the arena was pretty close to empty for the game but we were turned away.

Man that sucked so bad

No doubt I was super pissed, but I still came back for the home opener and 6 other games that season, ahhh memories

P.S. I was comming all the way from Western NC and still managed to get there before the puck dropped in the 1st period for every game I went to that season and well every game I've ever been to (had to throw that little jab in there ;) )

Argh, wish I could go, but I'll be in Charlotte for the Panthers/Texans game.

I wish there were such a dilemma this time of the year. Even if it was just a choice of what game to watch on TV. The offseason(s) are killing me!

Go Early

My Wife, sons and I split up last year... I took the ticket line, Front row TY, (actually it was luck you get what they give you). My Wife went to Wallys Sale, Coles Helmet, Roseys Stick and a Kaberle stick. And my sons got thier pics with the cup.

Best thing is still the Wally sale. IMO. Going for a Ladd helmet/Stick this year!! ;)

Just can't wait for the day I drive past the RBC to work, and they announce the day and time of the Caniac Festival on the electronic board on Wade Avenue. Seeing it in lights will signal that the beginning of the season is right around the corner.

Go Early

My Wife, sons and I split up last year... I took the ticket line, Front row TY, (actually it was luck you get what they give you). My Wife went to Wallys Sale, Coles Helmet, Roseys Stick and a Kaberle stick. And my sons got thier pics with the cup.

Best thing is still the Wally sale. IMO. Going for a Ladd helmet/Stick this year!! ;)

Never gone to the Wally sale, but how much do the sticks go for? I know they sell them at the Eye for $100 wondering if their cheaper at the Wally sale.

Go Early

Never gone to the Wally sale, but how much do the sticks go for? I know they sell them at the Eye for $100 wondering if their cheaper at the Wally sale.

I can't really remember what sticks went for, but if you're not too picky about what player you want for a stick (or helmet, glove, etc.), wait until near the end of the event. Last year, Wally was putting everything on sale just to get it out of there. As I recall, I think he pretty much priced everything at "2 for the price of 1" near the end of the day....

sorry if this question has been beaten to death (throw me in for a major penalty) ... what time is "early" for the caniac carnival -- and is it usually sold out?? (not that the seats are actually sold) -- and can you move around the arena with relative ease if it's somewhat empty or are the arena people pretty uptight about it?

sorry if this question has been beaten to death (throw me in for a major penalty) ... what time is "early" for the caniac carnival -- and is it usually sold out?? (not that the seats are actually sold) -- and can you move around the arena with relative ease if it's somewhat empty or are the arena people pretty uptight about it?

Early would be right when the Carnival starts. In year's past I believe that was about 10am. Since this is a free game, you can guarantee it will be sold out. There will only be a couple thousand tickets up for grabs as all season ticket holders will be getting tickets first.

Early would be right when the Carnival starts. In year's past I believe that was about 10am. Since this is a free game, you can guarantee it will be sold out. There will only be a couple thousand tickets up for grabs as all season ticket holders will be getting tickets first.

the last i heard 8,000 to the general public.

Its official the Carnival starts at 10AM

as found on the Hurricanes Website here(scroll to the bottom of the calendar):

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NHLPage&id=7623' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...age&id=7623[/post]

Amazing what you can find when your bored and surfing the website :P

Along with that, amazing what one finds when looking for info on an away game...My dear hubby has been wanting me to post this. (Here's to you Dave!) Caps fans are planning to join in our free exhibition game day fun. One of them was smart enough to call the 'Canes ticket guys and found out 9am is the start time to converge on the Castle for game tix. (http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=56073&st=0)

They should be easy to spot- pobably the only ones not in 'Canes gear, would be tailgating and what not until the game starts rather than enjoying the Carnival. Caniacs beware though, one of their board members wondered (in writing) about their potentially being like our Pittsburgh or Buffalo fans to us for the day.... I'm thinking they've not experienced the negative impact of Buffalo fans at the Castle.

So we have only 8,000 tickets and two teams fighting over them plus they give them out at 9:00 AM? Da** ill have to get up at 4AM to get there in time to get a ticket :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Make it a requirement to be wearing a Canes jersey to get a free ticket

Don't worry, I think the only Caps fans that will be there are ones that actually live in Raleigh. Sounds like when some figured out there wouldn't be many available they don't want to risk the drive down and not getting a ticket. Its kind of expensive (gas and hotel if they drive down the night before) for a free ticket.

Go Early

I have bought a few stick from Wally some at the Eye and others at the sale. I got two wooden Boulerice sticks for 75 for both as they were left after the sale. These made great sticks for my sons to have team signed and are now on their walls. The LaRose Stick was 80 (nice synergy by easton) and the Kaberle I got as they put it out at the eye for 45, so I got two and gave one as a gift( both Warrior sticks). Both are now on my wall. Chad signed his straight out but I had to wait for number 5 to heal before I could track him down last spring. B)

Is anybody going to the preseason opener on the first game of the pre-season it's free so I am going. Pluss it's 4 days before my b-day.

Ill be there if I can get tickets for me and my 2 friends

Is anybody going to the preseason opener on the first game of the pre-season it's free so I am going. Pluss it's 4 days before my b-day.

Ill be there if I can get tickets for me and my 2 friends

It's for free you don't need to worry about getting tickets. :D