The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
copcaniac

preseason

Is anybody going to the preseason opener on the first game of the pre-season it's free so I am going. Pluss it's 4 days before my b-day.

Ill be there if I can get tickets for me and my 2 friends

It's for free you don't need to worry about getting tickets. :D

You can't get in without tickets!!! STH'ers will be sent theirs, everyone else will have to get in line for the remaining 8,000!!! Don't give people the idea that they don't need tickets or else you will have a bunch of mad canes fans after you!!

Okay sorry about that I thought it was a first come first serve type of a thing. So if you want to be one of the first 8,000 fans to get free tickets I guess you have to get there early and be one of the first 1,000 fans, lol.

Okay sorry about that I thought it was a first come first serve type of a thing. So if you want to be one of the first 8,000 fans to get free tickets I guess you have to get there early and be one of the first 1,000 fans, lol.

I plan to get there as early as i can even if I get up at 4AMill still only be an hour early i just hope thats enough

It starts around 3pm and you still have to beat the crowd from the caniac carnavle that will be going on at the same time.

somewhere was a link to the capitals forum where someone called a ticket agent and found out they start giving them out at 9:00. I hope 8:00 is early enough :(

Man that early? God it takes me like 2 hours to get there. I am all the way past winston salium so I would have to leave earler than I thought. But if I make theses kind of contributions to do this for my b-day I think it will be worth it getting up that early.

Man that early? God it takes me like 2 hours to get there. I am all the way past winston salium so I would have to leave earler than I thought. But if I make theses kind of contributions to do this for my b-day I think it will be worth it getting up that early.

remember that you aren't the only ones with the idea of getting their early.

remember that you aren't the only ones with the idea of getting their early.

no kidding, last year I thought I got there early enough...but noooooo.... line was already back to the west side doors (plus I'll bring a chair this time)- the best "free game" was the snowstorm - just showed up and walked right in!

no kidding, last year I thought I got there early enough...but noooooo.... line was already back to the west side doors (plus I'll bring a chair this time)- the best "free game" was the snowstorm - just showed up and walked right in!

You could think of it as a follow-up to the Friesen 5K (minus the pancakes ala Canes staff), & have someone join you in line...take turns walking/running around the building.

Yeah I know it will probably be sold out just like in 05/06 first preseason game against the caps was sold out we won it 3-2 in a shoot out it was sold out for the first time with what 13,000 fans in the attendence?

Yeah I know it will probably be sold out just like in 05/06 first preseason game against the caps was sold out we won it 3-2 in a shoot out it was sold out for the first time with what 13,000 fans in the attendence?

that is because some STH'ers were no shows, still counts because you can't sell someone elses seat.

So they are giving out the same number of wistbands and game tix? Thats how it reads to me, since its the same line for both. Reason im asking is last year when they did the free game, when me and mrs ncc arrived, they were out of wristbands, but still had game tix.?

Wow this is really stupid:

If I already have a ticket to the game but want to attend the autograph session do I need to wait in line with individuals that need both?

Yes. There will be one line for both. If you already have tickets please be respectful of other fans and just take the wristbands for autographs.

So they are giving out the same number of wistbands and game tix? Thats how it reads to me, since its the same line for both. Reason im asking is last year when they did the free game, when me and mrs ncc arrived, they were out of wristbands, but still had game tix.?

Last year they only gave out 200 wristbands, so I am guessing that they will have more than 200 tickets. :P

Last year they only gave out 200 wristbands, so I am guessing that they will have more than 200 tickets. :P

i figured there were alot less wristbands than tix. We didnt get there till about lunch and still got free tix, but wristbands had been done for a while. Just sounds confusing with one line doing both..ya know?

I don't like the fact that season-ticket holders have the opportunity to attend this game ahead of everyone else, they'll have 41 opportunities to watch this team when it matters. Why not let other people have an opportunity to sit at ice and lower level seats for this preseason game?

I don't like the fact that season-ticket holders have the opportunity to attend this game ahead of everyone else, they'll have 41 opportunities to watch this team when it matters. Why not let other people have an opportunity to sit at ice and lower level seats for this preseason game?

I think they deserve to have their seats reserved for them like they paid for. BUT I think that they should have to request the tickets for the free game not just automatically get them mailed out, The game will be sold out with thousands of empty seats that could have been filed up with the fans they will turn away :(

I think they deserve to have their seats reserved for them like they paid for. BUT I think that they should have to request the tickets for the free game not just automatically get them mailed out, The game will be sold out with thousands of empty seats that could have been filed up with the fans they will turn away :(

I just think a family that perhaps can't make it to regular season games, but can make it to the Caniac Carnival, should have just as much of an opportunity to sit by the glass or on the lower-level as someone who will have those seats for 41 games of the regular season.

Speaking of Family they are saying one ticket per person so I hope they have a way to have families sitting together and not scattering them all around the arena

Speaking of Family they are saying one ticket per person so I hope they have a way to have families sitting together and not scattering them all around the arena

That's another aspect of this deal that I don't agree with. I planned to attend this game with my brother-in-law, sister, and two nephews; but to find out that all of us have to be at the RBC Center at 8:00 for the best chance to get tickets kind of makes me question if it is worth it. I live a hour away from the RBC Center, so you're talking about getting up at 6:00 or 6:30 and leaving at 7:00 without even knowing if the tickets we'll eventually get will be any good anyway.

I suppose the only way to ensure that you will have seats together, is get in line together and hope for the best.

That's another aspect of this deal that I don't agree with. I planned to attend this game with my brother-in-law, sister, and two nephews; but to find out that all of us have to be at the RBC Center at 8:00 for the best chance to get tickets kind of makes me question if it is worth it. I live a hour away from the RBC Center, so you're talking about getting up at 6:00 or 6:30 and leaving at 7:00 without even knowing if the tickets we'll eventually get will be any good anyway.

I suppose the only way to ensure that you will have seats together, is get in line together and hope for the best.

Hey at least yo dont have to get up At 3:30 to come. But hey seeing a canes game is worth the 4 hour drive anytime

I for one paid for my seats, why should i forfiet them for one preseason game??

that ain't right, i paid for my seats why should i have to send in a request for seats i have already paid for!!!

I just think a family that perhaps can't make it to regular season games, but can make it to the Caniac Carnival, should have just as much of an opportunity to sit by the glass or on the lower-level as someone who will have those seats for 41 games of the regular season.

you wouldn't think that way if you just plunked down $2-3,000 of your own hard earned money to sit there!!