The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
copcaniac

preseason

Speaking of Family they are saying one ticket per person so I hope they have a way to have families sitting together and not scattering them all around the arena

That's another aspect of this deal that I don't agree with. I planned to attend this game with my brother-in-law, sister, and two nephews; but to find out that all of us have to be at the RBC Center at 8:00 for the best chance to get tickets kind of makes me question if it is worth it. I live a hour away from the RBC Center, so you're talking about getting up at 6:00 or 6:30 and leaving at 7:00 without even knowing if the tickets we'll eventually get will be any good anyway.

I suppose the only way to ensure that you will have seats together, is get in line together and hope for the best.

Would you rather some JoeSmoe show up at the window and ask for/receive 10 tickets all in one row that he may use or try to sell at game time?? they have to put controls somewhere, if you show up with your entire family and they see that there is four of you, i am sure the ticket folks will put all of you together, they are not that stupid or ruthless.

I don't like the fact that season-ticket holders have the opportunity to attend this game ahead of everyone else, they'll have 41 opportunities to watch this team when it matters. Why not let other people have an opportunity to sit at ice and lower level seats for this preseason game?

Um cause its called 'giving something back' to the STHs. Being a STH your supposed to get certain privaleges. Were giving them a boatload of money, so why shouldn't we get tickets but people who aren't giving them all this money can get tickets.

Being a STH you get certain privaleges and this is one of those privaleges.

I don't like the fact that season-ticket holders have the opportunity to attend this game ahead of everyone else, they'll have 41 opportunities to watch this team when it matters. Why not let other people have an opportunity to sit at ice and lower level seats for this preseason game?

Um cause its called 'giving something back' to the STHs. Being a STH your supposed to get certain privaleges. Were giving them a boatload of money, so why shouldn't we get tickets but people who aren't giving them all this money can get tickets.

Being a STH you get certain privaleges and this is one of those privaleges.

Exactly, I for one don't like the no shows but they paid for the seats so they can do as they please.

Speaking of Family they are saying one ticket per person so I hope they have a way to have families sitting together and not scattering them all around the arena

They might have done some crazy things. But the tickets will be giving out in order. I'm so sure their gonna put a 4 year old away from his parents. Come on, their not that stupid.

Exactly, I for one don't like the no shows but they paid for the seats so they can do as they please.

Exactly. I paid for my seat and I'll be damned if I'm not gonna get my seat so they can give my ticket to someone that isn't giving them $2000-3000.

JustJoe does it really make sense for the Organization to tell people who are giving them boatloads of money that they can't attend the preseason game b/c their going to give their seats to a non-STH? Yeah that's a good way to keep your Season Ticket Holders.

STHs paid for their seats. Those seats are theirs and they have the right to do whatever they want with them. I know my *edit* will be in my seat.

Exactly. I paid for my seat and I'll be damned if I'm not gonna get my seat so they can give my ticket to someone that isn't giving them $2000-3000.

JustJoe does it really make sense for the Organization to tell people who are giving them boatloads of money that they can't attend the preseason game b/c their going to give their seats to a non-STH? Yeah that's a good way to keep your Season Ticket Holders.

STHs paid for their seats. Those seats are theirs and they have the right to do whatever they want with them. I know my *edit* will be in my seat.

I didn't say they couldn't attend the game, I said they shouldn't have their seats reserved. Does a fan that doesn't have the money or resources to purchase season tickets but is devoted enough to the team and the sport to show up at 8:00 to get a ticket deserve to be seated behind people that show up later? Let season-ticket holders in, but have them under the same first-come-first-serve rule as everyone else.

Did you really pay $2000-$3000 for THIS preseason game? Is it really that important to you? You'll be able to watch this team 41 more times when it matters. Do you really need your seat for THIS game? I don't think so. Allow the devoted fans that don't have the resources or the money to attend regular season games, attend this preseason game and sit where they want to sit.

You can either neglect your casual fans and cater to the people that have already paid you money, or you can cater to the fans that haven't attended a game before in the hopes that the experience will make them want to buy season tickets next season.

I didn't say they couldn't attend the game, I said they shouldn't have their seats reserved. Does a fan that doesn't have the money or resources to purchase season tickets but is devoted enough to the team and the sport to show up at

8:00 to get a ticket deserve to be seated behind people that show up later? Let season-ticket holders in, but have them under the same first-come-first-serve rule as everyone else.

Did you really pay $2000-$3000 for THIS preseason game? Is it really that important to you? You'll be able to watch this team 41 more times when it matters. Do you really need your seat for THIS game? I don't think so. Allow the devoted fans that don't have the resources or the money to attend regular season games, attend this preseason game and sit where they want to sit.

You can either neglect your casual fans and cater to the people that have already paid you money, or you can cater to the fans that haven't attended a game before in the hopes that the experience will make them want to buy season tickets next season.

WE PAY TO HAVE OUR SEATS RESERVED!! Would you buy a car and then let a stranger borrow it the first week because after all you will get to drive it the remaining 60 months of payments?? Do you pay for tickets?? If it were your hard earned money going for your season tickets would you want the organization giving them away as a freebie?? Why should i stand in line?? I pay for my season tickets so i don't have to stand in line.

They cater to the casual fan by giving away 8,000 tickets that they could have otherwise sold!!!

Chill! There will be 8,000 tickets that will be given to the non-STH's... there's a good chance you can get at least 2.

And I can't wait to wait two hours for what, at best, will likely be upper-level seats.

Chill! There will be 8,000 tickets that will be given to the non-STH's... there's a good chance you can get at least 2.

And I can't wait to wait two hours for what, at best, will likely be upper-level seats.

Then buy full season tickets and you won't have to wait!!

If you want I can contact my ticket rep and see if they can cancel the free giveaway and charge for them like they normally do. I will let him know that you don't think it is fair that they are only giving away 8,000 and not the entire arena at the expense of season ticket holders!!

I didn't say they couldn't attend the game, I said they shouldn't have their seats reserved. Does a fan that doesn't have the money or resources to purchase season tickets but is devoted enough to the team and the sport to show up at

8:00 to get a ticket deserve to be seated behind people that show up later? Let season-ticket holders in, but have them under the same first-come-first-serve rule as everyone else.

WE PAY TO HAVE OUR SEATS RESERVED!! Would you buy a car and then let a stranger borrow it the first week because after all you will get to drive it the remaining 60 months of payments?? Do you pay for tickets?? If it were your hard earned money going for your season tickets would you want the organization giving them away as a freebie?? Why should i stand in line?? I pay for my season tickets so i don't have to stand in line.

They cater to the casual fan by giving away 8,000 tickets that they could have otherwise sold!!!

The concept just flew over your head. It's a PRESEASON GAME. If I knew I had those seats for 41 games that mattered, I honestly would not care if a family who has never had the opportunity to attend a game before took them for that one game.

Will you honestly feel neglected by the organization if they didn't let you sit in your reserved seat for this ONE MEANINGLESS PRESEASON GAME?

Hey, at least you get to go. Thats what I'm looking forward to, just BEING there.

I didn't say they couldn't attend the game, I said they shouldn't have their seats reserved. Does a fan that doesn't have the money or resources to purchase season tickets but is devoted enough to the team and the sport to show up at 8:00 to get a ticket deserve to be seated behind people that show up later? Let season-ticket holders in, but have them under the same first-come-first-serve rule as everyone else.

I paid to have my seat RESERVED. That's right, by being a STH, I get my seat RESERVED. Its called a PRIVALEGE. The organization has to do something to make being a STH worth it. The privalege for us is that we don't have to get to the RBC at 8am and stand in line for a ticket.

And why do you think their doing this FREE preseason game. Its for the fan who doesn't have the money or resources to puchase season tickets. The organization does not have to do a FREE game. Instead of whining about STHs getting their seats, you should be thankful that you have a chance to snag a FREE ticket. They don't do this every year. If you'll recall there was no FREE game last year.

Excuse me, but I am looking forward to hockey season starting, and I for one, can't wait for this game. Just because I get to go to 41 other games, doesn't mean I don't want to attend THIS game. I want to attend THIS game just as much as you. And yes I want my SEAT that I paid for.

As I said before, their NOT neglecting the casual fan because their offering a FREE game. They don't have to be doing this. They could very easily charge for this game like they will be the other 2 games and like they did last year for ALL preseason games. Their being LOYAL to their STHs which they should be, but at the sametime, their giving the casual fan a chance to get a ticket.

If you want I can contact my ticket rep and see if they can cancel the free giveaway and charge for them like they normally do. I will let him know that you don't think it is fair that they are only giving away 8,000 and not the entire arena at the expense of season ticket holders!!

Like I said, why not help out the fans that don't have the money to buy season tickets? Allow the season ticket holders to attend the game, but don't reserve their seats. Insure they have a spot when they arrive, but let the people that show up early have the first shot at whatever seat they want.

You used some car comparison, I'll use a different one. If I was millionaire with $100 bills hanging out of my pocket, how would you feel if I fought you for a $10 bill that's lying on the ground? You'd call me greedy, I bet. You'd say it was wrong, I bet. It's easy to sit their with your season tickets in hand and say you deserve all of the privileges you can possibly get. From my side, someone who doesn't have the resources or money to attend as many games as I would REALLY like to, it seems like it would be the nice thing to do to allow people who won't have another opportunity to sit in the front row or low on the lower-level to have that opportunity at this free game.

Save up for a front row seat. Thats what I did, and especially at 14 saving up 300 dollars for 2 front row seats isn't easy...and I had to wait since the seats were normally sold out... this probably won't be your ONLY opportunity.

And just because we are STH's doesn't mean we are greedy, we just want what we paid for. Easy as that.

Like I said, why not help out the fans that don't have the money to buy season tickets? Allow the season ticket holders to attend the game, but don't reserve their seats. Insure they have a spot when they arrive, but let the people that show up early have the first shot at whatever seat they want.

You used some car comparison, I'll use a different one. If I was millionaire with $100 bills hanging out of my pocket, how would you feel if I fought you for a $10 bill that's lying on the ground? You'd call me greedy, I bet. You'd say it was wrong, I bet. It's easy to sit their with your season tickets in hand and say you deserve all of the privileges you can possibly get. From my side, someone who doesn't have the resources or money to attend as many games as I would REALLY like to, it seems like it would be the nice thing to do to allow people who won't have another opportunity to sit in the front row or low on the lower-level to have that opportunity at this free game.

I work hard for my money so i can attend games and now you suggest that i pay for someone else too!!

your example is really extreme, apparently you don't have a job and have no real idea what it takes to have an extra $1,000 to $2,000 that you can set aside for hockey tickets. Most if not all of us are not rich, we work 9-5 jobs to pay for our "hobby". And all of us work real hard to have the extra money to do this. SO WHY SHOULD I GIVE UP MY SEATS!! The team is doing the right thing by making the remaining 8,000 available for FREE!! They have ONLY done that TWICE since the team has been here. Usually you have to pay for those tickets. Now you suggest that they not only give those 8,000 away but also mine that I paid for!! You can't be serious or you have never had to work for money to be able to afford this.

Save up for a front row seat. Thats what I did, and especially at 14 saving up 300 dollars for 2 front row seats isn't easy...and I had to wait since the seats were normally sold out... this probably won't be your ONLY opportunity.

And just because we are STH's doesn't mean we are greedy, we just want what we paid for. Easy as that.

Well put, you know what it is like to work and save so that you can attend a game.

JustJoe, here's another thought w/o Season Ticket Holders you would have 0 chances, count them ZERO chances, to see the Canes. Because without STHs we wouldn't have a team here. So yes they deserve to have their seats reserved.

JustJoe, here's another thought w/o Season Ticket Holders you would have 0 chances, count them ZERO chances, to see the Canes. Because without STHs we wouldn't have a team here. So yes they deserve to have their seats reserved.

and without us the team couldn't afford to give away seats. not even just one.

I agree, I am not a STH, but even I see that the STH should get there seats because they are there seats. I got it, why dont we just not let the STH's get there seats for opening day because they have the rest of the year to enjoy those seats. Dude, you are getting a free ticket, enjoy it, but stop complaining. I for one plan on being one of the first in line so I know that I will still get a decent ticket.

I agree, I am not a STH, but even I see that the STH should get there seats because they are there seats. I got it, why dont we just not let the STH's get there seats for opening day because they have the rest of the year to enjoy those seats. Dude, you are getting a free ticket, enjoy it, but stop complaining. I for one plan on being one of the first in line so I know that I will still get a decent ticket.

Hope you do, but I wouldn't hold my breath. All the prime seats will be taken.

That is the part that he/she can't grasp!! In the ten years the Canes have been here they have only done this offer one other time and that was the cup year because we were coming out of the lockout. They did it so the casual fan could see how the game had changed. The freebie game is not a God given right for all the casual fans, it may never be done again. They need to be glad that the organization is willing to make the first pre-season game a freebie - they don't have to.

That is the part that he/she can't grasp!! In the ten years the Canes have been here they have only done this offer one other time and that was the cup year because we were coming out of the lockout. They did it so the casual fan could see how the game had changed. The freebie game is not a God given right for all the casual fans, it may bever be done again. They need to be glad that the organization is willing to make the first preseason game a freebie - they don't have to.

I don't see what the deal is. Would you have bought your season tickets if there wasn't a preseason? Did you buy your season tickets solely for the preseason? Do you have a reason to even pay attention to the preseason? You bought the right to see this team fourty-one times next season in a seat you personally chose. You also have the rest of the preseason to exercise your right as the season-ticket holder for the specific seats you chose. What I just would like, is for this one "free" preseason game to be open to everyone. I just feel that every fan should have the opportunity to sit where they want at this one game. Someones that doesn't have the money to purchase season tickets, but is devoted enough to the team to show up at 8:00 in the morning to receive tickets, should have the chance at this one game to sit where they want to. It's one game. You'll forget about the minute the puck hits the ice in the regular season. I don't want to keep season-ticket holders out of the game, I just think that for this one game they should be treated as equals with the rest of the Caniac Nation. It's just one game. I didn't ask for free regular season tickets. I didn't ask for a kidney. I just asked for the opportunity to sit where I want to at this one preseason game.