The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
copcaniac

preseason

How about you just be thankful that they're letting us all have this game for free, enjoy it and stop complaining that you can't have EXACTLY what you want for it? You're being given something that they don't have to give you at all and instead of being grateful for that and appreciating what your team will do for you you're going to complain because you want better. That'll really encourage the team to do this again next year for everyone. :rolleyes:

How about you just be thankful that they're letting us all have this game for free, enjoy it and stop complaining that you can't have EXACTLY what you want for it? You're being given something that they don't have to give you at all and instead of being grateful for that and appreciating what your team will do for you you're going to complain because you want better. That'll really encourage the team to do this again next year for everyone. :rolleyes:

I am thankful, I just think they could have done more for every fan.

Go ahead and :rolleyes:.

JustJoe, here's another thought w/o Season Ticket Holders you would have 0 chances, count them ZERO chances, to see the Canes. Because without STHs we wouldn't have a team here. So yes they deserve to have their seats reserved.

I agree, I am not a STH, but even I see that the STH should get there seats because they are there seats. I got it, why dont we just not let the STH's get there seats for opening day because they have the rest of the year to enjoy those seats. Dude, you are getting a free ticket, enjoy it, but stop complaining. I for one plan on being one of the first in line so I know that I will still get a decent ticket.

That is the part that he/she can't grasp!! In the ten years the Canes have been here they have only done this offer one other time and that was the cup year because we were coming out of the lockout. They did it so the casual fan could see how the game had changed. The freebie game is not a God given right for all the casual fans, it may bever be done again. They need to be glad that the organization is willing to make the first preseason game a freebie - they don't have to.

I don't see what the deal is. Would you have bought your season tickets if there wasn't a preseason? Did you buy your season tickets solely for the preseason? Do you have a reason to even pay attention to the preseason? You bought the right to see this team fourty-one times next season in a seat you personally chose. You also have the rest of the preseason to exercise your right as the season-ticket holder for the specific seats you chose. What I just would like, is for this one "free" preseason game to be open to everyone. I just feel that every fan should have the opportunity to sit where they want at this one game. Someones that doesn't have the money to purchase season tickets, but is devoted enough to the team to show up at 8:00 in the morning to receive tickets, should have the chance at this one game to sit where they want to. It's one game. You'll forget about the minute the puck hits the ice in the regular season. I don't want to keep season-ticket holders out of the game, I just think that for this one game they should be treated as equals with the rest of the Caniac Nation. It's just one game. I didn't ask for free regular season tickets. I didn't ask for a kidney. I just asked for the opportunity to sit where I want to at this one preseason game.

I bought the RIGHT to see EVERY HOME GAME!!

I am thankful, I just think they could have done more for every fan.

Go ahead and :rolleyes: .

THEY ARE!! The season ticket holders get to sit in their seats and the casual fans get to have "for free" the remaining 8,000 tickets.

JustJoe, here's another thought w/o Season Ticket Holders you would have 0 chances, count them ZERO chances, to see the Canes. Because without STHs we wouldn't have a team here. So yes they deserve to have their seats reserved.

I agree, I am not a STH, but even I see that the STH should get there seats because they are there seats. I got it, why dont we just not let the STH's get there seats for opening day because they have the rest of the year to enjoy those seats. Dude, you are getting a free ticket, enjoy it, but stop complaining. I for one plan on being one of the first in line so I know that I will still get a decent ticket.

That is the part that he/she can't grasp!! In the ten years the Canes have been here they have only done this offer one other time and that was the cup year because we were coming out of the lockout. They did it so the casual fan could see how the game had changed. The freebie game is not a God given right for all the casual fans, it may bever be done again. They need to be glad that the organization is willing to make the first preseason game a freebie - they don't have to.

I don't see what the deal is. Would you have bought your season tickets if there wasn't a preseason? Did you buy your season tickets solely for the preseason? Do you have a reason to even pay attention to the preseason? You bought the right to see this team fourty-one times next season in a seat you personally chose. You also have the rest of the preseason to exercise your right as the season-ticket holder for the specific seats you chose. What I just would like, is for this one "free" preseason game to be open to everyone. I just feel that every fan should have the opportunity to sit where they want at this one game. Someones that doesn't have the money to purchase season tickets, but is devoted enough to the team to show up at 8:00 in the morning to receive tickets, should have the chance at this one game to sit where they want to. It's one game. You'll forget about the minute the puck hits the ice in the regular season. I don't want to keep season-ticket holders out of the game, I just think that for this one game they should be treated as equals with the rest of the Caniac Nation. It's just one game. I didn't ask for free regular season tickets. I didn't ask for a kidney. I just asked for the opportunity to sit where I want to at this one preseason game.

I bought the RIGHT to see EVERY HOME GAME!!

AND YOU WILL!!

All I say is that for this one preseason game, you make it first-come-first-serve for EVERYBODY. Sell the same amount of tickets, but allow those fans to sit where they want to. If the season-ticket holders want THEIR seats, arrive early like everyone else. Even if you don't get YOUR seat, you'll be able to watch the game and you'll know that for the rest of the preseason and regular season you'll have that seat.

You do that and then you offend your entire base of season ticket holders!! Are you willing to pickup the tab for every season ticket holder that wants a refund?? I still owe $1000 on my tickets, you pay me that and i will give you my six tickets for that game!!

If your vocal enough then the Canes will eliminate the freebie game so why don't you post your address and phone number so that all the fans that enjoy the freebie game can call or drop by to express their thanks.

AND YOU WILL!!

All I say is that for this one preseason game, you make it first-come-first-serve for EVERYBODY. Sell the same amount of tickets, but allow those fans to sit where they want to. If the season-ticket holders want THEIR seats, arrive early like everyone else. Even if you don't get YOUR seat, you'll be able to watch the game and you'll know that for the rest of the preseason and regular season you'll have that seat.

The organization is doing the right thing by giving STH their seats. I know its hard for you to understand, but its a simple way for the organization to say Thank You to their STHs. Without STH you wouldn't have the Staal's, Williams', Cole's etc. cause there wouldn't be the money to pay for these type players. Frankly without STH you wouldn't have a team. The organization has to cater to their STH in order to keep their money flowing in year after year.

You should be grateful that you have a chance to attend a FREE game. Not all teams do this.

And are you really listening to yourself. Your acting like a child who wanted a blue bike for christmas, but got the red bike instead.

Think people!! Why can't the organization open the doors and let people grab whatever seat they want? Anybody?

Whenever a major venue has been opened for a major event and people got to pick there own seats as they went in people got hurt or worse!!!! Somebody rushes just a little too much, somebody thinks the person in front of them is not moving quick enough.

Maybe the organization should just sell the tickets on line for $1 apiece and donate the money to Kid's n Community. that way the casual and STH would have the opportunity for a seat.

JM2Cents

JustJoe I wish they would make the STH request their tickets if they were coming (that would help the no show part) but they DO deserve to have the tickets if they want them, its what they paid for!

Thanks to all the Season plan holders for allowing this to happen and hopefully next season ill be one myself (already making a secret stash :P )

Mods, I think with the FAQ on the main page everyone's questions have been answered and considering the state of this thread maybe its best to close it.

You all are complaining because A) You don't want to have to stand in line or B ) Because it's an inconvenience for you to have to get up early, drive a long ways and maybe not get a ticket.

If it's that bloody bad...don't go.

STH are always going to get benefits that individual ticke buyers won't, it's how it works friends. And this is coming from someone who doesn't have ST so I have no bias. Perhaps instead of complaining you could do something like find a STH who has extras or won't be using theirs, like I did. However, I don't see how anyone would want to help the lot of you.

PS. even those who HAVE their tickets will have to stand in line right alongside the rest of the bunch to get wristbands so it's not like we are getting out of the lines. :rolleyes:

Like everyone has said...just be greatful we have a free game at all.

Think people!! Why can't the organization open the doors and let people grab whatever seat they want? Anybody?

Whenever a major venue has been opened for a major event and people got to pick there own seats as they went in people got hurt or worse!!!! Somebody rushes just a little too much, somebody thinks the person in front of them is not moving quick enough.

Maybe the organization should just sell the tickets on line for $1 apiece and donate the money to Kid's n Community. that way the casual and STH would have the opportunity for a seat.

JM2Cents

actually the RBC center had a regular season game that was 100% free - first come first serve basis and the place was reasonably full, and everybody had a good time... people can get along, but maybe 21" of snow kept the jerks away

You all are complaining because A) You don't want to have to stand in line or B ) Because it's an inconvenience for you to have to get up early, drive a long ways and maybe not get a ticket.

If it's that bloody bad...don't go.

STH are always going to get benefits that individual ticke buyers won't, it's how it works friends. And this is coming from someone who doesn't have ST so I have no bias. Perhaps instead of complaining you could do something like find a STH who has extras or won't be using theirs, like I did. However, I don't see how anyone would want to help the lot of you.

PS. even those who HAVE their tickets will have to stand in line right alongside the rest of the bunch to get wristbands so it's not like we are getting out of the lines. :rolleyes:

Like everyone has said...just be greatful we have a free game at all.

Look at it this way, season ticket holders pay for ALL of their games up front. We take a risk that we will always be able to go to games, we all know that sometimes things come up. We are giving the team pretty much all of our money up front before the season begins, we do that for the discount and some of the perks.

Exactly, I for one don't like the no shows but they paid for the seats so they can do as they please.

Exactly. I paid for my seat and I'll be damned if I'm not gonna get my seat so they can give my ticket to someone that isn't giving them $2000-3000.

JustJoe does it really make sense for the Organization to tell people who are giving them boatloads of money that they can't attend the preseason game b/c their going to give their seats to a non-STH? Yeah that's a good way to keep your Season Ticket Holders.

STHs paid for their seats. Those seats are theirs and they have the right to do whatever they want with them. I know my *edit* will be in my seat.

I didn't say they couldn't attend the game, I said they shouldn't have their seats reserved. Does a fan that doesn't have the money or resources to purchase season tickets but is devoted enough to the team and the sport to show up at

8:00 to get a ticket deserve to be seated behind people that show up later? Let season-ticket holders in, but have them under the same first-come-first-serve rule as everyone else.

Did you really pay $2000-$3000 for THIS preseason game? Is it really that important to you? You'll be able to watch this team 41 more times when it matters. Do you really need your seat for THIS game? I don't think so. Allow the devoted fans that don't have the resources or the money to attend regular season games, attend this preseason game and sit where they want to sit.

You can either neglect your casual fans and cater to the people that have already paid you money, or you can cater to the fans that haven't attended a game before in the hopes that the experience will make them want to buy season tickets next season.

WE PAY TO HAVE OUR SEATS RESERVED!! Would you buy a car and then let a stranger borrow it the first week because after all you will get to drive it the remaining 60 months of payments?? Do you pay for tickets?? If it were your hard earned money going for your season tickets would you want the organization giving them away as a freebie?? Why should i stand in line?? I pay for my season tickets so i don't have to stand in line.

They cater to the casual fan by giving away 8,000 tickets that they could have otherwise sold!!!

The concept just flew over your head. It's a PRESEASON GAME. If I knew I had those seats for 41 games that mattered, I honestly would not care if a family who has never had the opportunity to attend a game before took them for that one game.

Will you honestly feel neglected by the organization if they didn't let you sit in your reserved seat for this ONE MEANINGLESS PRESEASON GAME?

Have to butt into this totally meaningful conversation, but when I saw this quote: "Will you honestly feel neglected by the organization if they didn't let you sit in your reserved seat for this one meaningless preseason game? - I had to laugh out loud (sorry JustJoe, I just had to). If this is such a "meaningless preseason game", then why are there several pages arguing about it? It's obviously not just a "meaningless preseason game" if it means enough to people on here to wanna argue about it or even discuss it. It obviously IS meaningful to all of us, not just the STH, not just those of us who, for whatever reason, can't or won't by ST packages, 10, 24 or full ST. The bottom line is this, JJ, whether you agree w/ it or not: our organization is going to reserve the seats for the STH because, even though it maybe just a meaningless preseason game, the STH's have paid for their seats per whatever packages they have purchased, & some of those packages include the preseason games. Period. Fact is, not many other teams in this league (if there are any others that have even considered doing this for their fanbase at all) are willing to even GIVE AWAY 8,000 tickets to the general public like the Hurricanes organization does. They could just as easily NOT do this for any of us, & make this a regular paid event, like the rest of the preseason, reg. season & post season tickets. Yeah, you might have to get to the arena a few hours earlier than what you'd like to drag your bottom out of bed for, for this supposed meaningless preseason game, but then again, getting there early & running the risk of not being able to score any tickets is just the luck of the draw & the other 7,999 other people trying to get tickets have to deal w/ the same thing as you do. My daughter & I are among of those 7,999 other people that wants to get a ticket for this game, but I realize that that's just the way it's going to go, whether it makes me a happy camper or not. It won't make me want to hate STH or even argue the point w/ them. We went to the first free game that the 'Canes did a couple of years ago & there were three of us in our party that wanted to get in, & we had to get to the ticket window & cross our fingers that they still had three left ANYWHERE in the arena - we didn't even put emphesis on if they were all together or not, we were just happy to be blessed w/ a team & org. that was willing to do this for all of us. The agent at the window scrimped & scoured for whatever they could get for us, & no, the tickets weren't all together & the agent apologized for that, but it still got us into the arena to watch the game, for FREE no less, & we sincerley thanked that agent for doing whatever they could do for us (& that day was hectic & chaotic for them, to say the least). But, what's fortunate about this type of game is that even though our tickets were scattered about the arena, we were able to all sit together because people had similar situations & people worked the seating arrangments out w/ one another & made compromises, so as many parties could sit together as circumstance would allow, & everyone was happy. Think of it this way: STH are paying for a game that 8,000 of us get to watch for free. ;)

Let's all try to keep this a civilized conversation please, folks. As long as everyone realizes that it is what it is, whether everyone agrees w/ it or not. Just remember, it's only one meaningless preseason game, after all.

JUST FYI - you won't get a choice where to sit... they'll hand you a ticket with an assigned seat, and if you don't like it, well then give it back and let someone else have the seat - go back to the end of the line and get another ticket that may, or may not, be a worse seat - it's all pretty random - last year I was right up at the front of the line and still ended up with upper deck tickets, while people who came after me got lower level - Point is - it's totally luck of the draw

Oh, let's not get into that again. And besides, alot of those folks that still don their Whalers jerseys have followed the team through their relocation & continue their support of this team & franchise. I don't believe they deserve a swift kick for that.

And welcome to the boards, airborne. :)

I have to jump into this....STH deserve their seats. I am a STH for an ECHL team and I get a few perks with that simply because we put the money out up front and commit. That being said here's an idea.......STH get their seats for free and the rest of the seats can be ordered at a special price and all of the proceeds from those tickets go to charities the Canes support. That's a win-win....I know for sure I'll have a seat instead of driving several hours & being turned away, charities get $ and more exposure, STH get their seats and most importantly.....we all get to see the Canes!

all that being said...if any STH have their tickets for Sept. 16 and know they aren't going, I'd be interested.

I have to jump into this....STH deserve their seats. I am a STH for an ECHL team and I get a few perks with that simply because we put the money out up front and commit. That being said here's an idea.......STH get their seats for free and the rest of the seats can be ordered at a special price and all of the proceeds from those tickets go to charities the Canes support. That's a win-win....I know for sure I'll have a seat instead of driving several hours & being turned away, charities get $ and more exposure, STH get their seats and most importantly.....we all get to see the Canes!

all that being said...if any STH have their tickets for Sept. 16 and know they aren't going, I'd be interested.

What JustJoe should have done rather than rant here is to post something in the Swap Meet looking for someone who isn't going to the game and would be willing to "donate" their tickets. Or if JustJoe is local try to find someone either in their neighborhood or at his/her parents work that might be willing to give away their tickets for that game. Could the organization do more for the fans - Sure!! Could they do less - Sure!! It is what it is so you deal with it and find work arounds when possible. BTW, I offered JustJoe 4 "free" tickets for the September 21st game against Nashville and was told "not interested".