The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cupkrazy

'Canes Cable TV Package Announced

that seems like less than last season.

You think? I don't recall. Maybe missing the playoffs has something to do with it. Anyway...FSN has 55 games and VS has 5 so that brings us up to 60 games televised. It also sounds like NBC has the option to pick up a few games later in the season.

Don't like the fact that the season-opener won't be televised. I also would've rather seen the games against Calgary, Colorado, Detroit, and Vancouver televised instead of the games against Chicago, Columbus, Minnesota, and St. Louis.

Don't like the fact that the season-opener won't be televised. I also would've rather seen the games against Calgary, Colorado, Detroit, and Vancouver televised instead of the games against Chicago, Columbus, Minnesota, and St. Louis.

Agree with you on every count except that I'd rather see the Minnesota game than the Calgary one.

Yea...I would rather see the Colorado and Detroit math up than the Columbus and Chicago ones.

Just matched up the dates of my 24 game plan against the broadcast schedule and there are only a few games that I will not be able to see in person or watch on TV. For these I probably will go out to the RBC Center to get a ticket or go to a sports bar to watch on Center Ice.

that seems like less than last season.

FSN automatically picks up 55 games as per the contract, but PK can purchase extra games. He has done this in the past as well as last year (I think he purchased 5 additional). Usually those games get released at a later time. He might do that this year or since VS has picked up 5 and sounds like NBC might pick up the one with Ottawa, he may just leave the 55 games.

I was hoping more than 55 games but I buy Center Ice every year so I hope I see most of them. I noticed it said nothing about pre-game shows or coaches shows.

I thought last year we got 62 shows or something like that. I could be wrong.

Opening night should be on no matter what. It almost seems like they are cutting their production costs and doing a small blackout. I would understand that if they did.

Does anyone know if the Center Ice ever has the FSN feed?

I don't have CI, but I believe the feed is the home team.

Its the home team feed. Quite interesting when we get the RSS feed from Montreal....if you know french.

Its the home team feed. Quite interesting when we get the RSS feed from Montreal....if you know french.

How much is center ice per season? Also would you get the rest of the canes games?

They haven't released the new pricing for this year yet. You do get all the Canes games but I remember getting blacked out of one or two. You can also purchase it half way throught the season at a discounted price, at least you could last year. The rules have changed for baseball and football so I'm assuming that maybe the hockey has changed too and that discount doesn't apply this year.

How much is center ice per season? Also would you get the rest of the canes games?

They haven't released the new pricing for this year yet. You do get all the Canes games but I remember getting blacked out of one or two. You can also purchase it half way throught the season at a discounted price, at least you could last year. The rules have changed for baseball and football so I'm assuming that maybe the hockey has changed too and that discount doesn't apply this year.

Actually, it is not always the home team feed. For example, when FSN South is not broadcasting a home game, you will be able to get the game on Center Ice but with (obviously) the away team broadcasters.

Locally, Center Ice will never have the FSN South feed (Tripp and John) because those are blacked-out in deference to the local broadcast rights. Of course, if you are in an "away" market, say Chicago, you will get to see a lot of the Cane's FSN broadcast team via Center Ice.

Well now I understand why the opening night won't be televised. I still don't like how no other game can be televised during the Game of the Week, but guess we can stick it to other teams when we face off with Toronto on Oct. 9th since that's a Game of the Week.

The Hurricanes' opener falls within an exclusive window reserved for Versus, which is the NHL's national cable TV rights holder, Hurricanes broadcast coordinator Kyle Hanlin said.

Under the terms negotiated by Versus, no other NHL game can be shown by a U.S. network during Versus' featured game of the week, which is scheduled to be either the Anaheim Ducks at the Detroit Red Wings at 7 p.m. or the Dallas Stars at the Colorado Avalanche at 9:30 p.m.

And PK added an extra 3 games last year. Since last year between the 3 networks they showed 63 games, maybe since we are 3 short, PK will get FSN to add an extra 3 games.

FSN South began last season intending to carry 55 Hurricanes' games and later added three more to its schedule.

Ok thanks for the info TopShelf.

I wonder how many shots Montreal's announcers will take at hockey in North Carolina now? Canadiens' fans will be able to watch OUR season-opener, yet we're stuck with two Western Conference match-ups. Terrible decision by the NHL and Versus. It will hurt even worse if the "game of the week" has a 9:30 start time.

Wow that really sucks that all your games are not televised. I live outside of Philly and all 82 games of the Flyers are televised, they have always been televised. Is it because we are in a bigger market? I thought all your games were televised, just like up here , until last year reading that they weren't on this forum.