The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
StevenXn

The Battle for Jersey Number 8!

I would say gleason gives matt number 8 and will take a different number. Probably something on the lower side like 18. ( then people with gleason jerseys could shove a 1 beside the 8! ;)

As long as he doesn't take number 48, it has been retired to Russia!!!

I bet no one in the rest of the country would believe people in NC would be discussing the number 8 and number 3 and it doesnt involve an Earnhardt.

The unofficial best post of the day ^^^^

I bet no one in the rest of the country would believe people in NC would be discussing the number 8 and number 3 and it doesnt involve an Earnhardt.

The unofficial best post of the day ^^^^

That is hilarious. :P:lol:

Gleason also wore #6 when he played for the Kings. If Hedican had just retired, Gleason could take 6 and Cullen could have 8 back. Or Gleason could keep 8 and Cullen could wear 6. See, another problem caused by Hedican not retiring! :lol: Just kidding...this thread is getting silly.

That is hilarious. :P:lol:

Gleason also wore #6 when he played for the Kings. If Hedican had just retired, Gleason could take 6 and Cullen could have 8 back. Or Gleason could keep 8 and Cullen could wear 6. See, another problem caused by Hedican not retiring! :lol: Just kidding...this thread is getting silly.

yeah i agree lets just wait see what happens

Interesting, both Matt Cullen and Frank Kaberle are listed as #5's. :o

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=TeamPlayers&type=roster' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service...amp;type=roster[/post]

Thats only because Cullen wore #5 for the Rangers...

They'll have this all figured out soon enough... wouldn't be surprised to see Matt buy the # from Gleason....

I don't get it... Is there an Earnhardt player for the Carolina Panthers going through the same thing????

Just kidding I really know you were talking about the discussion the Carolina Railhawks Soccer team is having about their new signee cause we are soooooooooo into soccer here :P

You have my vote for the best post of the week!

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=TeamPlayers&type=roster' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service...amp;type=roster[/post]

They'll have this all figured out soon enough... wouldn't be surprised to see Matt buy the # from Gleason....

You mean like an actual financial transaction??? :o

that doesnt sound right,

has anyone actually done that before?

As long as no gets stuck with the number 1 (as its jinxed) ill be happy.

It's a goalie-only number.

Though, like 30, 1 is commonly a goalie number, it is not limited to goalkeepers. Any player of any position can wear the numbers 1-98.

It is a goalie-only number because it is not issued to forwards or defensemen. So you won't see anyone other than goalies with 1 or 30. Just as Chiasson's number isn't officially retired but rather is out of circulation and never issued to Canes' players.

You could see someone wear 1 or 30...well, obviously not 30, since Wardo has it. But there are no rules stating that only keepers can wear 1 or 30.

As long as no gets stuck with the number 1 (as its jinxed) ill be happy.

It's a goalie-only number.

Though, like 30, 1 is commonly a goalie number, it is not limited to goalkeepers. Any player of any position can wear the numbers 1-98.

It is a goalie-only number because it is not issued to forwards or defensemen. So you won't see anyone other than goalies with 1 or 30. Just as Chiasson's number isn't officially retired but rather is out of circulation and never issued to Canes' players.

You could see someone wear 1 or 30...well, obviously not 30, since Wardo has it. But there are no rules stating that only keepers can wear 1 or 30.

You are getting caught up in the differences between what is permissible and what is actually done. Go review recent rosters and see how many times you see 1 or 30 for anyone other than a goalie. You won't because they aren't issued by any of the teams to forwards or Dmen, i.e. they are goalie-only numbers. In theory they could issue them, unlike 0 or 00 which are prohibited, but since they don't it's really a moot point.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service...amp;type=roster

that doesnt sound right,

Im thinking Modelcitizen was being sarcastic, right?

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?service...amp;type=roster

that doesnt sound right,

Im thinking Modelcitizen was being sarcastic, right?

Gleason was here last year. I dont think Cully would be a jerk enough not to accept another number.

Cully did call Gleason and asked him if he could have #8.

But I'm sure if Gleason wants to keep it, then Cully will have no problem picking a new #.