The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

NBC Snuffs Canes

Were you expecting any? Unless our name is the Rangers, Pittsburgh or Detroit, it wasn't going to happen.

Were you expecting any? Unless our name is the Rangers, Pittsburgh or Detroit, it wasn't going to happen.

Well, to make up for it, OLN...I mean, Versus is showing us five times.

Tue. Oct. 9 Carolina at Toronto 7:00 PM

Mon. Nov. 12 Carolina at Florida 7:30 PM

Wed. Jan. 2 Atlanta at Carolina 7:00 PM

Tue. Feb. 5 Carolina at Nashville 8:00 PM

Tue. Feb. 26 New Jersey at Carolina 7:00 PM

Should be good news for the 10 people who actually get that channel.

:rolleyes:

Versus just added an HD channel to DirecTV :)

Versus just added an HD channel to DirecTV :)

I think we only got three games last years on VS.

I hate having games on Versus...they do a fine job putting the games together, but at Duke we don't get the channel, so I have to drive to the Durham Ale House to watch the games (and I usually have to REQUEST that they put the game on...not a big deal, I know, but you'd think the chain that hosts Cool Bars would know that a 'Canes game is on).

At least the game on Jan. 2 won't be any problem, I'll be home on winter break, and we get Versus here.

As much as it pains me to say this, of course the National broadcasters are going to snub us for the bigger market teams. The ratings last year suffered horribly enough, they're basically banking it on the fact that they atleast somebody other than people who live in the teams city, will be watching Detroit, Pittsburgh, or New York. It's a hard one to swallow, but it is what it is. And it sucks

But like someone above said earlier, we should get plenty of coverage when we're atleast in the ECF again this year.

Maybe we can get more games on FSN or VERSUS like maybe 60 games a year on FSN for broadcasting. NBC is pissing me off this year.

Nothing But Crosby network does this to us every year. Purchase Center Ice package its worth every penny.

Maybe we can get more games on FSN or VERSUS like maybe 60 games a year on FSN for broadcasting. NBC is pissing me off this year.

Nothing But Crosby network does this to us every year. Purchase Center Ice package its worth every penny.

Maybe if one of the Canes changes his name to "Sidney Krosby", NBC will get confused and put on more Hurricane games.

NBC let Bill Clement go so as far as Im concerned, Versus will be a much better broadcast... period.

NBC let Bill Clement go so as far as Im concerned, Versus will be a much better broadcast... period.

Not to start trouble, but what you were expecting. Are there not other teams being snubbed also. NBC had the lowest ratings ever with hockey and you expect them to show the canes, hey even if they were still the whalers I wouldn't expect it. they need to show the big city teams in hopes and only in hopes of getting bigger ratings even though it won't happen still...why... because I'm a realist unlike our great commish. C'mon people its not about the canes....enough with the drama :rolleyes:

Maybe if one of the Canes changes his name to "Sidney Krosby", NBC will get confused and put on more Hurricane games.

Nah, won't happen - if a 'Cane changes his name to that, then NBC would have to change their call letters & I doubt that they'd want to go through all that trouble to change their letterhead.

And there is no drama here - people are PO'ed that NBC is pulling their same crap, they're upset & want to talk to each other about. It's a fan message board, ya know? This is what we're supposed to do on here & this is what it's for.