The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The Official ABB thread

I would play, but I have nothing to contribute! lol

wait, let me try...

ummm........Ryan Miller has girly hair....?

I dunno, that's what those guys on the radio in Ottawa say.....

I'm bad at this. ;)

I don't know if he technically could be truly considered ABB but Kevyn Adams had some interesting comments on an interview with 850 earlier this week.

The short version is that he made his picks for the Finals, Buffalo and Detroit (surprisingly) and said he would be in his off-season home near Buffalo at the time of the Finals. He said he wasn't looking forward to it if Buffalo was in it because of the fans being "crazy." He is a savvy spokesman and his tone told you he was being P.C.

He said he was listening to the radio recently and a Sabre fan called in saying a disallowed Buffalo goal should have counted and the Rangers should have gotten 2 minutes because the review took so long.

He then said he just turned the radio off because he couldn't take it anymore. Pretty funny stuff from one of Buffalo's favorite sons.

Did I read that correctly?

Referee penalty: 2 minutes for Delay of Game. To be served by Rangers player # 68

It's a head-shaker, and Adams was laughing about it when he told the story. The guy's "rationale" apparently was that since the game was in NY, they should be held accountable for the long review and assessed a 2-minute delay of game penalty. Of course, the guy obviously failed to realize how things worked and the role of Toronto in the review.

Adams also made a good point about spending close to half the time in each Conference and it was from his own experience that he was picking Buffalo and Detroit.

Ironic that it was just last year that Buffalo fans were ragging on Canes fans for not knowing the rules. :rolleyes:

Yes, and even further ironic when Adams is embarrassed by his own area's fans.

I'm just waiting for someone to pick Buffalo in 3. :rolleyes:

Sadly the fans in Buffalo have to be some of the dumbest when it comes to radio call ins. I am a Bills/Sabres fan. Just like Kevyn Adams, I changed the radio station because I can't take the earfull of stupidity the majority of the callers dish out.