The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Canes Rumor Mill

Cole wasn't mentioned in the article, just the comment about a three way trade involving Edmonton.
I recall that three-way trade rumor flying around the draft floor Saturday as well. Thank God it wasn't true.

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but given how JR likes to bring back players and this player has gone on the record to say that he would like to come back to Carolina after his two year stint with Toronto is Jeff O'Neill. We are looking for a third line centre and he would come at a discount price. This kinda scares me because I find Jeff a cry baby or a problem in the locker room.

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but given how JR likes to bring back players and this player has gone on the record to say that he would like to come back to Carolina after his two year stint with Toronto is Jeff O'Neill. We are looking for a third line centre and he would come at a discount price. This kinda scares me because I find Jeff a cry baby or a problem in the locker room.

Where did you hear this? Yikes.

Where did you hear this? Yikes.

When he first arrived in Toronto, he said the only reason why he came to Toronto was to be close with his family while they deal with the death of his brother. He went on to say that he wouldnt mind going back to Carolina if the time was right.

When he first arrived in Toronto, he said the only reason why he came to Toronto was to be close with his family while they deal with the death of his brother. He went on to say that he wouldnt mind going back to Carolina if the time was right.

Well unless something has drastically changed with him, I don't see his work ethic fitting into the locker room here. I just don't see him hitting the weight room with the likes of Brindy and company. But I could be wrong.....its been a long time.

Well unless something has drastically changed with him, I don't see his work ethic fitting into the locker room here. I just don't see him hitting the weight room with the likes of Brindy and company. But I could be wrong.....its been a long time.

Last I heard, O'Neill was seriously contemplating retirement due to his pathological fear of flying. Don't know if he's found a way to get over that since he did finish the season, or if he was just finishing up his contract. In any case, I'd say the likelihood of him returning is nil.

Last I heard, O'Neill was seriously contemplating retirement due to his pathological fear of flying. Don't know if he's found a way to get over that since he did finish the season, or if he was just finishing up his contract. In any case, I'd say the likelihood of him returning is nil.

WHAT??

Yeah, I totally agree with you, I think he would end up being more of a problem.

I know when he left he was having personal family issues but I was under the impression that he packed his bags pretty quickly to get the 1st plane out of Raleigh. Of course this is only what I've heard.

Yeah, I totally agree with you, I think he would end up being more of a problem.

I know when he left he was having personal family issues but I was under the impression that he packed his bags pretty quickly to get the 1st plane out of Raleigh. Of course this is only what I've heard.

WHAT??

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hockey_hear...may_hand_em_up/

Ok, so maybe he drove out of Raleigh instead of flew. :huh:

you would think with his drinking problem he would just drink until he passes out and then let the plane take off.

As much as I'd like to laugh at that because I don't like the guy, that's a little harsh. None of us are perfect and unfortunately his problem is pretty serious. Each of us is probably in some way connected to someone with a drinking problem and they're not all bad people. For some it's just a way to cope (albeit a bad one). Go easy on the guy, we don't know his whole story.

Too many bridges burned, not enough competitive fire left and hasn't played C regularly since his Whaler days. Not happening.

As much as I'd like to laugh at that because I don't like the guy, that's a little harsh. None of us are perfect and unfortunately his problem is pretty serious. Each of us is probably in some way connected to someone with a drinking problem and they're not all bad people. For some it's just a way to cope (albeit a bad one). Go easy on the guy, we don't know his whole story.

you don't know the rep the boy has here, at an autograph signing he taunted my autistic stepson to the point of a meltdown. Sean Hill had to put him in his place. so no sympathy from me.