The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Canes Rumor Mill

Had a dream that a deal involved Edmonton, Carolina and possibly 8 million or 28 million. I think Cole was traded, and I can't remember who we got in return. I checked on here to make sure we hadn't traded anybody and sign them. :D *whew*

Hope we don't trade Cole. I like him as a person and we need someone up front that will charge the net. Yes, he is know for diving but I think he is good for Staal and can teach him a few things still.

WOW! The Penguins are really loading up this year. Just saw on NHL.com that they signed Sydor, Sykora And Sabourin today.

Who are they looking to get rid of with all these additions?

Rumor is that they're looking to get rid of Recchi.

didn't they just sign him a few weeks ago?? that team needs senior leadership unless they are placing all that on Sydney.

I thought I remember reading somewhere Recchi and Crosby not really seeing eye to eye. Crosby not wanting any advice, or something of that.

Since a lot of the Pitkanen coming to the Cane's speculation was in this thread, I thought I'd post TSN reports: "Jason Smith and forward Joffrey Lupul to the Philadelpia Flyers for defenceman Joni Pitkanen, forward Geoff Sanderson and a third-round draft pick in 2009."

Now, if we believe some of the earlier rumors, Edmonton moves Pitkanen to the Cane's in return for Erik Cole. But, let us hope not!

Well the original rumor was Cole to Edmonton for Pitkanen and Lupul. But with Lupul in Philly now, won't happen. Unless the rumored Torres to Philly comes to Carolina. If i'm loosing Cole I want Pisani :P

I think JR has his eyes on another defenseman, named Brad Stuart. I'm just wondering who he is cutting to make the room for him. We've got the money if PK lets us move the budget to $46 million.

I thought I remember reading somewhere Recchi and Crosby not really seeing eye to eye. Crosby not wanting any advice, or something of that.

Nonsense, if you follow the NHL and NBC then you know Sydney Crosby already knows it all and can do it all. On a serious note, how does he plan to coach the Blackhawks while playing for the Pens this year? Thats gotta interfere with his concert tour, trip to the moon, and coming up with a miracle drug to fight HIV.

:P

Hey what about Sean Hill I know hes gettin old but a nice strong stay at home D-fencemen I would love it,kinda remind me of Aaron Ward would love to see him back too.THOUGHTS..

Hey what about Sean Hill I know hes gettin old but a nice strong stay at home D-fencemen I would love it,kinda remind me of Aaron Ward would love to see him back too.THOUGHTS..

JR wants an offensive-defenseman and that's just not Sean Hill. Besides he won't beable to play like the first 26 games or so, remember he got suspended for steriod use or something like that.

Sean Hill is on suspension for taking performance enhancing drugs. We started last year off with dmen out for injuries, not sure I'd like to start this season without one because of a suspension.

Sean Hill is on suspension for taking performance enhancing drugs. We started last year off with dmen out for injuries, not sure I'd like to start this season without one because of a suspension.

From what I've seen he's as good as retired because of the suspension and his age.

I forgot about the suspension,but after seeing what the Caps,Thrash and Panthers have done to there rosters ill be surprised if were even considered to finish higher than 3rd in the division unless we get some D-fence.I want Ward back.

Big name players do not win a stanley cup. Just look at the Rangers and ask them. We have something they dont, team chemistry. Chemistry is one of the biggest factors in winning the stanley cup.

Big name players do not win a stanley cup. Just look at the Rangers and ask them. We have something they dont, team chemistry. Chemistry is one of the biggest factors in winning the stanley cup.

Exactly and seems the Rangers already have a issue. Jagr is NOT happy that the Rags couldn't sign Nylander. I was listening to the Power Play on XM and they were saying how Jagr is very upset and not happy that Nylander isn't coming back. And like they said if Jagr ain't happy no one is happy.

I forgot about the suspension,but after seeing what the Caps,Thrash and Panthers have done to there rosters ill be surprised if were even considered to finish higher than 3rd in the division unless we get some D-fence.I want Ward back.

come on, this is silly. we can challenge for this division at this point, and i think are legit favorites if we add a brad stuart-like dman. i read somewhere that 20% of free agency is for the team, 80% for the fans. dont worry, its fine. we've had a successful free agency, and we can easily make it stellar with a good dman signing.

I would actually like to see Alexei Yashin in a 'Canes Jersey for a couple reasons.

1) While yashin is not a captain, he is a decent and classy person and definately not worthy of the beating he took on the Island and

2) He is still a good player. The fact is I think this guy really needed out of New York and still has a lot to give to the game. Remember this guy put up a TON of points in Ottawa and continued to be an effective scorer in New York, he just needs a new look and a fresh start. third line center on the Carolina Hurricanes is a good place for him to be.

although I still would be much more excited to see Brad Stuart as a Cane or possibly Brent Sopel.

Why do people insist on just looking at additions and not subtractions? Sure, the Thrashers signed Todd White (to play as their first line center :lol:)...but Mellanby retired, DeVries and Tkachuk signed elsewhere, Kozlov, Sutton, Sim, Belanger, Hnidy, Vigier are free agents, etc. Their roster is fill of gigantic holes. Can you say that about us?

Why do people insist on just looking at additions and not subtractions? Sure, the Thrashers signed Todd White (to play as their first line center :lol:)...but Mellanby retired, DeVries and Tkachuk signed elsewhere, Kozlov, Sutton, Sim, Belanger, Hnidy, Vigier are free agents, etc. Their roster is fill of gigantic holes. Can you say that about us?

Cause we haven't made the splash that gets breaking news attention and sells 250 season ticket packages. I don't want Ward back.

Yep. Say we lost Whitney to FA and signed Slava Kozlov to replace him. Does that mean we would be getting "stronger"? No, it's pretty much an even swap. That people can write headlines saying OMG HURRICANES GRAB KOZLOV LOL FIRST LINE WINGER!!!!!!!!11 in the heat of the free agency period instead of "Hurricanes re-sign Ray Whitney" in April means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

These free agents are not falling out of the sky from outerspace. They come from other teams. Which means that for every team that is getting "better", there is a team getting "worse". Nevermind that the team getting "better" may just be replacing players they lost.

They may just be replacing players they lost, but if they replace the lost player with a better player, than yes, the team is getting better.

That being said, I'm not worried about our lack of action. We've got a great core group of players, locked up for a good time. Until then, it's just finding the small spots that need attention and signing someone who can fill that spot.

Not only did Tkachuk signed back in St.Louis, look at what the Blues bent the Thrashers over the coals for.

Well, Nylander just signed with the Capitals. They are going to be on fire this year. I really want to see them when they come to town.

I sure hope JR is working on something that will WOW the fans because right now I am thinking we are letting to many get away. But I also feel JR likes to get the "barely known" guys and try to make something out of them.

Only time will tell!