The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Canes Rumor Mill

Well, Nylander just signed with the Capitals. They are going to be on fire this year. I really want to see them when they come to town.

I sure hope JR is working on something that will WOW the fans because right now I am thinking we are letting to many get away. But I also feel JR likes to get the "barely known" guys and try to make something out of them.

Only time will tell!

Washington Capitals : "Same old crap, different wrapper"

I'm calling it

Although I have conceeded that I will go watch some of their games even when they aren't playing the 'Canes, I'm kind of digging their new look, even though they will still suck donkey B@*#'s

I forgot about the suspension,but after seeing what the Caps,Thrash and Panthers have done to there rosters ill be surprised if were even considered to finish higher than 3rd in the division unless we get some D-fence.I want Ward back.
Why do people insist on just looking at additions and not subtractions? Sure, the Thrashers signed Todd White (to play as their first line center :lol:)...but Mellanby retired, DeVries and Tkachuk signed elsewhere, Kozlov, Sutton, Sim, Belanger, Hnidy, Vigier are free agents, etc. Their roster is fill of gigantic holes. Can you say that about us?

Not only did Tkachuk signed back in St.Louis, look at what the Blues bent the Thrashers over the coals for.

Just like the Islanders. What did they lose for Symth? Wasn't it like 2 first round prospects and something else and now they didn't get anything in return.

Well, Nylander just signed with the Capitals. They are going to be on fire this year. I really want to see them when they come to town.

I sure hope JR is working on something that will WOW the fans because right now I am thinking we are letting to many get away. But I also feel JR likes to get the "barely known" guys and try to make something out of them.

Only time will tell!

Washington Capitals : "Same old crap, different wrapper"

I'm calling it

Although I have conceeded that I will go watch some of their games even when they aren't playing the 'Canes, I'm kind of digging their new look, even though they will still suck donkey B@*#'s

just 4 of those guys are gonna completely undress carolina's defense 8 times.

Jagr has righteous anger right now. They take his right hand man and completely throw the idea of "team chemistry" out the window. If it ain't broke...why couldn't they just resign nylander, sign drury for 2nd line with shanny, and then the caps grab gomez, but they lucked out since nylander is much better than gomez.

I forgot about the suspension,but after seeing what the Caps,Thrash and Panthers have done to there rosters ill be surprised if were even considered to finish higher than 3rd in the division unless we get some D-fence.I want Ward back.

you either don't know hockey or don't know our team. we started out last season all banged up, that happens when you win the cup. the guys really sacraficed their bodies, why do you think Stillman and Kaberle had surgery?? wasn't for cosmetic reasons. I doubt we finish third in the southeast or in the EC. We have a strong team and they will return with "attitude". Cam Ward started training for this season in the middle of April, he will be ready as will just about everyone else. Whitney should be done with rehab about the time training camp starts. There will be a sightless eye on the bus that hits everyone else.

I would actually like to see Alexei Yashin in a 'Canes Jersey for a couple reasons.

1) While yashin is not a captain, he is a decent and classy person and definately not worthy of the beating he took on the Island and

2) He is still a good player. The fact is I think this guy really needed out of New York and still has a lot to give to the game. Remember this guy put up a TON of points in Ottawa and continued to be an effective scorer in New York, he just needs a new look and a fresh start. third line center on the Carolina Hurricanes is a good place for him to be.

although I still would be much more excited to see Brad Stuart as a Cane or possibly Brent Sopel.

You forget he is the whiner that got Lavi fired from the Isles. He deserved what he got on the Island, we don't need that classless person here.

You forget he is the whiner that got Lavi fired from the Isles. He deserved what he got on the Island, we don't need that classless person here.

Thats what I was thinking as well.

Maybe Lavi wants to be the one to say "Yashin - 4th line lets go boys..." :lol:

Thats what I was thinking as well.

Maybe Lavi wants to be the one to say "Yashin - 4th line lets go boys..." :lol:

or make him watch the season from the Brendl chair.

It wasn't Yashin who got Lavi Fired it was Peca... Yashin wasn't great in NY but Peca was the clubhouse cancer not Yash

(But there was some story about Lavi walking the halls of the Rink and didn't say "HI" to Wang and owner got pissed and wanted him out... Seems rediculous but then again So is Wang)

Rx

It wasn't Yashin who got Lavi Fired it was Peca... Yashin wasn't great in NY but Peca was the clubhouse cancer not Yash

(But there was some story about Lavi walking the halls of the Rink and didn't say "HI" to Wang and owner got pissed and wanted him out... Seems rediculous but then again So is Wang)

Rx

Peca and Yashin hated each other and they both contributed to Lavi's ouster. However, Yashin far and away was the primary reason for the so-called player's revolt. He was a favorite son of Wang's and his behind the scenes griping sealed Lavi's fate. Yashin got demoted to the fourth line because he wasn't willing to work hard. He pouted and complained and took his bruised ego to Wang.

As for Wang, that is ridiculous but not beyond belief. I know Charles Wang, used to work for him, and he is a capricious person so that kind of story wouldn't surprise me.

(caniac11 @ Jul 2 2007, 10:46 PM)

Apparently you didn't really follow the team in 2005-06. Who was the big name defenseman we had?

Can't think of one, cause we didn't have one. We have the same exact defense as in 2005-06 minus Aaron Ward but insert Tim Gleason and Dennis Seidenberg. Sorry but Aaron Ward leaving didn't make this defense worse nor does he returning make the defense better.

If this defense won the cup in 2006 why can't they do it again?

Would I like to see an addition to our defense, yeah, cause I just don't think Hedican can remain healthy enough and I'd like to have someone else besides Hutchinson take his place.

Canes interested in Comrie :unsure:

Per the Ottawa Sun:

the Senators would like to move winger Peter Schaefer, goalie Martin Gerber and defenceman Joe Corvo to make room for Comrie and possibly spend a little money elsewhere. The Phoenix Coyotes, who sent Comrie to the Senators for Russian prospect Alexei Kaigorodov last season, and Kings may be interested in dealing with Murray.

It's believed six teams -- Washington, Carolina, Los Angeles, Buffalo, Atlanta and the Islanders -- have shown an interest in Comrie, who made $3 million last season.

The Sabres are badly in need of a centre after losing both Chris Drury (N.Y. Rangers) and Daniel Briere (Philadelphia) to free agency on Sunday. The Hurricanes are apparently also hot on Comrie's tail.

"I talked to a few teams (yesterday)," Comrie wrote in a text message to the Sun.

Not really familiar with Comrie. How is he? Is he actually a 3rd center, or would he even take a 3rd center job? Info, please.

Unless a trade is still in the works, I don't see how we have room for Comrie.

Not really familiar with Comrie. How is he? Is he actually a 3rd center, or would he even take a 3rd center job? Info, please.

No, he's better than a 3rd line center that's why most thought we couldn't make a serious run at him. He'd want too much and wouldn't want to be a 3rd liner.

Unless a trade is still in the works, I don't see how we have room for Comrie.

No, he's better than a 3rd line center that's why most thought we couldn't make a serious run at him. He'd want too much and wouldn't want to be a 3rd liner.

How bout we sign Comrie, then trade him to Ottawa for Corvo :huh:

This way Ottawa can clear the cap space like they want to do and they get to keep Comrie like they want to do.

I wish our front office would step to the plate & sign a guy like Brad Stuart. We have the cap room if they would spend the money.

and why?? what is the justification financially??

I wish our front office would step to the plate & sign a guy like Brad Stuart. We have the cap room if they would spend the money.

and why?? what is the justification financially??

Good lord, you seriously whine more than anyone else whenever someone brings up the option of signing someone big.... So what if you have to pay higher price to get your tickets, quite frankly, as long as we're signing a quality player who could help our team get better and give us a better chance to win the Cup, I could honestly not care less how much its going to cost us to do so.

There is a price for winning. We were a fluke to win it all 2 years ago with the salary we were paying. If we EVER want to get back up to that level, we're going to need to suck it up and pay the damn players. If you don't like it, follow a minor league team where the price of tickets are low.

I have heard from several places that we are waiting to see if the Sens keep Comrie, because we are highly interested in signing him if they don't. I don't understand how this fits; someone care to explain?

Caniac97 ive been following this team longer than you probably even new what hockey was,and all I was saying is that this team has no D-fence and it takes d-fence to WIN,I never said these players wouldnt be ready for the season I just dont think our d-fence can get it done.We sign Wesley for what the guy gets beat to the puck every time, ya I know hes alright on the PK but come on man we need d-fence.By the way what made you say I dont know the team?

we should sign Matt Greene, a UFA with Edmonton....sure, not a TOP D-Man, but a hell of a good player.....trust me, ive been watchin him for years....
Greene is an RFA.