The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Canes Rumor Mill

yeha but......it's erik cole........lets not let him go.....

If making our team better means someone like cole has to go, I'm sorry, but I'll make that trade

Hell, if the right offer comes around, just about everybody on this team should be expendable... I mean, if another team wants to completely mortgage their future for just one of our players (like what Nashville did last year when they got Forsberg from Philly) I'd jump at the chance to do it...

Chad LaRose and Niklas Nordgren were our third line RWs for most of the 05-06 season. Craig Adams was the second line LW. Somewhere along the line, though, some people got the idea that we need to have nine capable offensive forwards---which leaves no money left over for the defense.

And from a chemistry standpoint, I thought that year's team played better before Doug Weight and Mark Recchi were acquired.

maybe in the reg season but Weight and Recchi were a huge reason why we won the Cup in 06. They took a lot of pressure of Staal, brindy et all those games they did not score. But that is ancient history now.

I just would like us to get someone to QB the power play and I think we would be in great shape then. No Stanley Cup hangover and Ward should play better hopefully. :D

Chad LaRose and Niklas Nordgren were our third line RWs for most of the 05-06 season. Craig Adams was the second line LW. Somewhere along the line, though, some people got the idea that we need to have nine capable offensive forwards---which leaves no money left over for the defense.

And from a chemistry standpoint, I thought that year's team played better before Doug Weight and Mark Recchi were acquired.

maybe in the reg season but Weight and Recchi were a huge reason why we won the Cup in 06. They took a lot of pressure of Staal, brindy et all those games they did not score. But that is ancient history now.

I just would like us to get someone to QB the power play and I think we would be in great shape then. No Stanley Cup hangover and Ward should play better hopefully. :D

Recchi was a replacement for Cole when he broke his neck. That can't be classified as an addition to the already existing lineup...if anything, it was a downgrade.

Amen!

Yes, a QB on the PP would be awesome. I would love for JR to grab JM Liles for that job. He doesn't really have size on him (then again, he's my height and weight :lol: ) but defense wasn't really the problem. It was offense, especially on the PP. Don't know how JR would pull that off. As long as he doesn't give a first round draft pick.

We're not going to spend money on another forward when Hamilton has stated he was brought in to play the 3rd line. Unless, of course, a forward is going somewhere in a trade for a defenseman like stupid Eklund has been saying.

Anyone heard anything on Peca? Thefourthperiod is reporting Carolina as one of the teams interested in him.

I see what you are talking about. It also shows we are interested in Comrie and Sutton. We shall see!

Anyone heard anything on Peca? Thefourthperiod is reporting Carolina as one of the teams interested in him.

Wow, I went to the site and I could not find anything about this RUMOR. Are you sure it said Carolina? The only thing I have seen was about the possible Wallin/Pitkanen trade. But that will not happen with Philly because they already traded Pitkenan to Edmonton, I think.

Be interested in seeing where you found this info.

It's not a rumor, it was their speculation on in who's in the running for the best 15 UFA's left.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/topfas_rest.html

They say we are interested in Andy Sutton, Mike Comrie and Mike Peca.

It's been updated. They actually just listed Guerin as signed. Who's to say we can't be looking into other players?

Brent Sopel is who we should be after if we're looking for a good offensive defenseman. His projected salary is only $2M, so he should be doable provided that the market hasn't raised it too much.

Wow, I went to the site and I could not find anything about this RUMOR. Are you sure it said Carolina? The only thing I have seen was about the possible Wallin/Pitkanen trade. But that will not happen with Philly because they already traded Pitkenan to Edmonton, I think.

Be interested in seeing where you found this info.

It's not a rumor, it was their speculation on in who's in the running for the best 15 UFA's left.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/topfas_rest.html''>http://www.thefourthperiod.com/topfas_rest.html' target="_blank">http://www.thefourthperiod.com/topfas_rest.html[/post]

They say we are interested in Andy Sutton, Mike Comrie and Mike Peca.

That page was created prior to July 4th. They don't update the teams interested, only when a player gets signed.

I don't think Sopel would be a horrible addition. Problem is how do you get rid of a d-man or 2

We either buyout or waive or trade for picks our press box players, or we hope Hedican decides during training camp that he can't keep playing. In the latter case, picking up an extra defenseman wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course, the most likely scenario is that we stay with what we have.

I don't think Sopel would be a horrible addition. Problem is how do you get rid of a d-man or 2
We wouldn't need to really get rid of anyone. We still have an open roster spot.

But you also have to factor in saving a few bucks here and there. I know JR and PK could rasie the spending limit a little, but hey, might as well trade what you can for a few picks, or another 2 way contract player. Of course, that's if he can.

Shows Bryan Berard as well. Not a bad thought..

We actually came really close to signing Berard following the lockout. Bet following last year he wishes he'd gone with us instead of Columbus, eh?

On a side note, please JR I'm begging you with all my heart, say no to Andy Sutton. Not only is he a goon through and through but he thinks he's worth way more than he is.

I still Think Sopel would be a great guy to get. Watched him play his junior hockey here in Swift Current and he is definately more than capable of putting up 40+ points per season again like he did a few years back in Vancouver. Not only that but he's a very classy guy off the ice as well.

Comrie's off the table. Signed a one year deal with the islanders. Wants to prove he's a #1 center and then cash in during next years free agency period.