The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Canes Rumor Mill

The LaRose thing has to be a mistake. He has another year on his contract and it has him listed as a free agent. Even if he was gone it would have been a trade, because he's under contract.

I hope it is wrong but, the Fourth Period Website shows Chad LaRose under the Atlanta Thrashers.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/freeagents.html''>http://www.thefourthperiod.com/freeagents.html' target="_blank">http://www.thefourthperiod.com/freeagents.html[/post] :blink:

Does anybody know anything about Chad?

Thanks!

that's an easy mistake to make for whomever typed that in at the fourth period site i suppose, because atlanta has a free agent named cory larose.

Let's not forget that JR is not a big fan of dealing players to division rivals and doesn't particularly like atlanta.

I hope it is wrong but, the Fourth Period Website shows Chad LaRose under the Atlanta Thrashers.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/freeagents.html :blink:

Does anybody know anything about Chad?

Thanks!

that's an easy mistake to make for whomever typed that in at the fourth period site i suppose, because atlanta has a free agent named cory larose.

SHEW!!! Glad to hear you all think it is a mistake. I also looked under the Carolina tab there and it did not show Chad with the Cane's. But, that is only the Free Agents so, he shouldn't be.

We need Chad on our fourth line and PP. He drives the opponents crazy....LOL

In response to the post about re-signing Stillman, I don't think it will cost as much as some are thinking. He has said before that he wants to finish his career here. Sometimes older guys like him take a home-town discount when they really like a team. Just have to wait and see, though.

Also, if anybody bothered to watch what Ladd did during his junior days and at the World Junior Championships, you would see he is definately capable of making a good pass....

Also, if anybody bothered to watch what Ladd did during his junior days and at the World Junior Championships, you would see he is definately capable of making a good pass....

It's not an all-or-none proposition. Almost every player in the NHL is capable of making a good pass. But the point of reference was Stillman vs. Ladd and that's sirloin vs. hamburger when it comes to passing. ;)

It's not an all-or-none proposition. Almost every player in the NHL is capable of making a good pass. But the point of reference was Stillman vs. Ladd and that's sirloin vs. hamburger when it comes to passing. ;)

Boils down to experience, Ladd will get there.

Getting to the possiblity of Cullen coming back. I would like to see Matt back but, to help the Rangers? I say take Cullen and something else. Maybe a 1st or 2nd round draft choice is a suggestion. I know it would never fly but good leverage if they want to re-sign Avery.

They are heavy upfront and need more Defense, sorta' like us!

Boils down to experience, Ladd will get there.

Ladd will get better with experience. He will never get to Stillman's level as a passer. Aside from the fact that Stillman plays a perimeter wing and Ladd a power forward, their abilities are markedly different in terms of ice-vision and hands. Stillman will never be a power forward and Ladd will never be a playmaking wing. No knock against either, it's just the reality.

Getting to the possiblity of Cullen coming back. I would like to see Matt back but, to help the Rangers? I say take Cullen and something else. Maybe a 1st or 2nd round draft choice is a suggestion. I know it would never fly but good leverage if they want to re-sign Avery.

They are heavy upfront and need more Defense, sorta' like us!

If a 1st round pick is coming our way then we're giving up something you, I guarantee you. That's unrealistic.

eklund reports...

erik cole on vancouver's radar.

What is with this guy's obsession with Erik Cole? If he insists on placing him in every rumor he makes up, then he could at least learn how to spell his name. I highly doubt we'll be getting rid of Cole. He's a guy, like Forslund and Tracy say, that is the ignition to our team. He provides the energy. Plus, I might have to get another jersey if he leaves. ;)

eklund reports...

Since when has ecklund ever made and accurate prediction? Besides ecklund reported that edmonton was interested in cole, and both GMs denied that. I really dont think that cole is on the trading block.

This guy is stupid, Erik Cole sells tickets, He is a HUGE part in why I buy season tickets each year, we drafted him and he's one the the fastest skaters in the NHL, cant trade Erik. Vancouver? who could we want to trade Erik for, not even Luongo.

This guy is stupid, Erik Cole sells tickets, He is a HUGE part in why I buy season tickets each year, we drafted him and he's one the the fastest skaters in the NHL, cant trade Erik. Vancouver? who could we want to trade Erik for, not even Luongo.

I completly agree with you. I don't think Cole is going anywhere, but the fact that he is a fan fav doesnt historically mean anything to JR. He did trade Kapanen, Francis and Battaglia.

As much as I like Erik Cole, I can think of a few good business reasons to trade him. I just don't think that it is on JR radar and if it is what he could possibly want.

Given that JR doesn't check this forum before making business decisions I have to think there is at least some remote possibility to the rumor. If I am a GM from another team he would be my first pick of the current roster, he is fast and young. And if I am JR I know I should get ALOT in return.

The only thing we are getting out of JR is that a "major" shake up is coming but not what that shake up is.

I cant see any reasons. We know that Erik Cole puts out numbers. When we traded Kapanen, he was in a slump, and wasnt producing. IMHOP, it would be really foolish to trade someone like Cole. For one thing, I cant think of anyone who we could get for him that would make a bigger impact than him, and secondly, if we did, would it outweight the potential loss of interest in the team from some Cole fans?

I also dont think there has to be any truth to this rumor. Remember, the same kind of rumor came up with Edmonton, and their GM laughed and said, seriously if JR put cole on the trading block, tell me, but it isnt true.

eklund reports...

I think Erik Cole is on alot of GMs radar, doesn't mean trading Erik Cole is on JR's radar.

Personally trading Cole to Vancover doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Yeah we would be interested in Ohlund, but now we still have excess defenseman and short a Top 6 forward. Don't think trading Cole will help this team unless we get a Top 6 forward in return, then you can forget about getting that puck moving defenseman.

If JR makes any trades for a defenseman, its gonna be a d for d trade, like he's said before. And I don't think Vancouver has any Top 6 forwards that we would be interested in that they would be interested in trading.

And I wish Eklund would learn to spell his name right if he's gonna keep putting him in rumors.

I cant see any reasons. We know that Erik Cole puts out numbers. When we traded Kapanen, he was in a slump, and wasnt producing. IMHOP, it would be really foolish to trade someone like Cole. For one thing, I cant think of anyone who we could get for him that would make a bigger impact than him, and secondly, if we did, would it outweight the potential loss of interest in the team from some Cole fans?

I don't disagree from a fan standpoint but from a GM standpoint Cole is a $4mil salary and has always been difficult to deal with at contract time. Cole will be a UFA come next contract time which will make him even more difficult to deal with, so getting a major return now could be a plus.

I don't disagree from a fan standpoint but from a GM standpoint Cole is a $4mil salary and has always been difficult to deal with at contract time. Cole will be a UFA come next contract time which will make him even more difficult to deal with, so getting a major return now could be a plus.

Then it makes sense from a fiscal standpoint, but right now JR is trying to build a team for this year, and theres no one on the Vancouver squad who could fill Cole's role. Plus, we are after a d-man, and trading a top forward like cole for a d-man would seriously hurt our goals for column. And also if he's hard to deal with next year. fine, but if JR knew that before, he wouldnt have signed him, he would have shipped him off or used the money to buy another forward, so I dont think JR would trade him for that.

Then it makes sense from a fiscal standpoint, but right now JR is trying to build a team for this year, and theres no one on the Vancouver squad who could fill Cole's role. Plus, we are after a d-man, and trading a top forward like cole for a d-man would seriously hurt our goals for column. And also if he's hard to deal with next year. fine, but if JR knew that before, he wouldnt have signed him, he would have shipped him off or used the money to buy another forward, so I dont think JR would trade him for that.

I agree, though i can see us trading Cole for business reasons, I just don't see the Canucks having anything that we just have to have.