The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Canes Rumor Mill

Putting this one here at the request of TopShelf :D

I was chatting with a guy at the Canes party last night who works for the city of Raleigh and he said he had a discussion with JR last week at some meeting they were at together. He said JR told him then that the Canes really wanted to keep Scott Walker but he was looking for $2.5 for four years and the Canes only wanted to go $2.2 for 3 years; I'm glad they were able to come up with a compromise.

The guy said that JR also said Hedi's future isn't looking so good. Apparently he may be well enough to come back in the fall BUT in future years this will probably cause him to have major problems even doing something as simple as walking. That's not to mention the fact that his hip could let go at any time when he's playing which would leave the Canes short a D-man again. JR is hoping Hedican will do the smart thing for himself and the team and retire. Joe V and Tanabe aren't in JR's plans for next season. Take these comments for what they are worth, but after the announcement about Scottie today I'm thinking this guy was telling the truth.

Here' the two rumors that I heard tonight:

Walker is going to sign and it will be announced prior to July 1, actually the guy said that he was surprised that it had not been announced already this week.

Arron Ward wants to come back to the Hurricanes. I didn't get it if they were trying to work it out or if was just AAron's wish. Sorry that I didn't get more into it.

These rumors are actually from a pretty good source, but they are just rumors. We will see. If they do happen, remember that you heard it here first!

cheap

Wow cheap, I need your source...LOL

You were bang on with Walker.

Kind of makes you wonder if a trade will go down with Boston if Hedican retires. Hedican is on the books to make $2.4, Ward is on Boston's books to make $2.75 :unsure:

Package a deal involving Peters, Boston needs a goalie cause face it Timmy Thomas sux

Somewhat off-topic, but I wouldn't go as far to say that Thomas sucks. It's not like he gets any help from his teammates.

Lets not do the whole off topic thing again. Took me too long to clean up the last one, LOL.

Somewhat off-topic, but I wouldn't go as far to say that Thomas sucks. It's not like he gets any help from his teammates.

Lets not do the whole off topic thing again. Took me too long to clean up the last one, LOL.

My bad, TSA. I'll say something back on topic.

I've heard rumors that the Canes will be receiving some divine help from above, if you know what I'm saying... :lol:

"Divine help from above..."?? Spill the beans, CA.

Okay, I'll admit it...

jesus_homeboy.jpg

Its official folks, October needs to get here quickly.

"Divine help from above..."?? Spill the beans, CA.

Okay, I'll admit it...

jesus_homeboy.jpg

Its official folks, October needs to get here quickly.

I've heard rumors that the Canes will be receiving some divine help from above, if you know what I'm saying... :lol:

JR is going to come out of retirement and play nets for us?

If he won't, I'm sure Tripp would like to.

If he won't, I'm sure Tripp would like to.

I just got an email from Eklund and it says:

"Just got off the phone with two solid sources...an agent in Columbus and a scout in Europe.

"Virtually done." (talking about Fernandez heading to Boston) I was told. could be announced tonight or tomorrow morning..

The Oilers have truned down a trade with Philly and another with Washington I am hearing...

Bryzgalov to Florida or possibly Tampa.

The Blues are also close to acquiring a goalie.

The Habs and Hurricanes are trying to move up...The habs are close.."

What the heck is he eluding too? Are we about to get a big name?

Isn't this draft season not suppossed to be that great anyway, I can't imagine giving up a whole lot with very little in return.

But in other unrelated to the Hurricanes news, looks like Manny's a Bruin now

Rumors have stated that us and Montreal are the two teams that have shown the most interest in Angelo Esposito, so we could potentially see a trade up battle to see who ends up on top.

More info as to why the Canes may be trying to trade up in the draft. They have the 11th pick and may be able to get Brandon with 9th.

Brandon Sutter

He may not have the offensive upside that Kyle Turris and Patrick Kane bring to the table, but Red Deer Rebels Center Brandon Sutter is probably the safest pick an NHL club can make come Friday night.

Put it this way, he

More info as to why the Canes may be trying to trade up in the draft. They have the 11th pick and may be able to get Brandon with 9th.

Brandon Sutter

He may not have the offensive upside that Kyle Turris and Patrick Kane bring to the table, but Red Deer Rebels Center Brandon Sutter is probably the safest pick an NHL club can make come Friday night.

Put it this way, he

This was said by Michael Russo, a blogger in Minnesoto, from the Star Tribune. He was talking about the Wild signing Yashin and made this comment:

I

This was said by Michael Russo, a blogger in Minnesoto, from the Star Tribune. He was talking about the Wild signing Yashin and made this comment:

I