The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
HatManTC

New uni's?

they will have them september 16th, $150 for a replica and $290 for an authentic.

cool thanks, so i take it the current ones should go on sale soon then too huh.

they are on sale now at The Eye but after the 16th of September they become the new "vintage" jersey and the sale ends.

Good eyes Flanker, I read that about Babin saw the picture and it didn't even register about the line. The practice jerseys looked the same yesterday at the RC at the RecZone..

It doesn't look like the line is anywhere as thick as it appears in the game. Wondering how I know?

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8473925&service=page' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?page=Pl...mp;service=page[/post]

Looks like the Canes have leaked their own jersey. Or at least a fraction of one. Still, here's more clues at what our jersey will look like. At least this one is an actual photo.

You know I think it would look nice with some laces. I'm not one who liked the laces, but something seems missing or a bit bland. Maybe laces should be added.

If you watch the second rookie camp video, they're wearing both new jerseys, home and away. Looks like the away jersey will have the pipe, but it's silver.

Where in the video do they wear the regular jerseys? Was there a glimpse of them or are you talking about what they wore during on ice workouts? I only saw them wearing the practice ones, which seem to be the same ones that we've seen and bought all throughout the last two seasons. You can tell they're not our new regular jerseys because the strip is much higher, making the yoke narrower. Also, they go all the way down the sleeve and, as mentioned, they're different colors than what EA showed us.

Babin is wearing a different jersey in his headshot than the ones in the video, and it looks like our new sweaters. I don't know when Babin took the pic and why he was allowed to don the new threads, but that seems to be what happened.

I think your wrong IF999 that's the same practice jerseys as last year. The new piping sits lower on the torso and it's thicker.

The Babin pic was taken while at the camp this week the haircut and facial hair match. That's why he got to try the new RBK jersey.

In related news, if you try to order a Canes' jersey through the online shop, they have the replica home and away jerseys with no pictures (Image Not Available) up already. I haven't tried to buy one, but I assume it's full functional for pre-orders.

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?prod...dy_bestsell_img

I guess they figure enough people have seen the leaked images that they can start taking pre-orders. Although isn't the Caniac Carnival suppose to be the first chance for fans to buy the jerseys?

they will have them september 16th, $150 for a replica and $290 for an authentic.

does anyone know why they cost so much? when i bought my first hurricanes jersey in greensboro (a replica in 1997) it was $80. every other jersey after that was no where near $150.

does anyone know why they cost so much? when i bought my first hurricanes jersey in greensboro (a replica in 1997) it was $80. every other jersey after that was no where near $150.

they're made out of different material so its more expensive

I would have to guess the new material is the reason.

they're made out of different material so its more expensive

You beat me to it......Great minds do think alike though!

Looks like we won't have to wait till the 16th to see the new uniforms. From the N&O blog:

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

New uniforms unveiled Thursday

The Hurricanes will unveil their new Rbk uniforms at a press conference Thursday afternoon at the RBC Center. Eric Staal, Justin Williams, Erik Cole and Ray Whitney are scheduled to attend.

One new, new addition: a patch commemorating the franchise's 10th season in North Carolina.

Fans can get their first look at the new uniforms on Sept. 16 at the Caniac Carnival. The Canes will wear them in the preseason game against the Capitals that afternoon.

Of course, we all know what they'll look like, but there's still the 10th season logo to look forward to. ;)

If your a STH look on the top of the extra ticket request form for the 3 Oct game. It's a roman 10 with the eye at the bottom a red ribbon below that with 10th anniv. then 1997 Warning flag and 2007 just below the ribbon.