The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ncz82

Updates on Ward, Kaberle, Hedican, Staal, Babchuck

As many of you may have read, I recently got a job at the RBC center. We had our annual season kickoff tonight and coach Laviolette was kind enough to drop by and answer some questions for us employees. He had many things to say about the players and their offseasons:

Ward- According to Lavi, Wardo has lost about 20 pounds this summer and is in much better shape than last season.

Hedican- Lavi said that Hedican is looking great in practice and is feeling good. He also said that he's keeping his fingers crossed that he can stay healthy because he considers him one of our top d-men.

Kaberle- Everyone seems to be worried about Hedican this offseason but it's Kaberle we should be worried about. Lavi said that he's still having problems with his shoulder and his knee is still recovering from surgery to remove cartilage. He's hopeful for opening night.

Staal- Lavi said that Staal has really packed some muscle on to his frame over the extended offseason. He's stronger than ever.

Babchuck- Lavi laughed when some guy asked if Babchuck would return. He basically said that Babs made a decision and that we shouldn't expect to see him in a Canes jersey again.

He also mentioned the additions of Hamilton and Cullen and how it helps our depth at center and shootout abilities.

New at the RBC center- We have new fries, pizza crust, beer (it's now in the 16 oz plastic bottles like at the panthers games), Red Bull is available arena wide, and a new station called the marketplace which specializes in healthier alternatives such as salads, soups, and sandwhiches. There is also a NC winery that is making a special 10th anniversary Hurricanes wine. Oh, and the new logo looks amazing!

Also, more recently, overheard that Kaberle was out skating Monday... Hedican looked as good as he did at the start of the season 2 years ago, and it's good to see him recoverd

Kaberle- Everyone seems to be worried about Hedican this offseason but it's Kaberle we should be worried about. Lavi said that he's still having problems with his shoulder and his knee is still recovering from surgery to remove cartilage. He's hopeful for opening night.

Not good news to hear

Staal- Lavi said that Staal has really packed some muscle on to his frame over the extended offseason. He's stronger than ever.

Good news

Babchuck- Lavi laughed when some guy asked if Babchuck would return. He basically said that Babs made a decision and that we shouldn't expect to see him in a Canes jersey again.

LOL news

New at the RBC center- We have new fries, pizza crust, beer (it's now in the 16 oz plastic bottles like at the panthers games), Red Bull is available arena wide, and a new station called the marketplace which specializes in healthier alternatives such as salads, soups, and sandwhiches. There is also a NC winery that is making a special 10th anniversary Hurricanes wine. Oh, and the new logo looks amazing!

Gimme free food and booze news :lol:

As long as they keep beer and barbque sandwhiches Il be happy :D

The BBQ is what the RBC is most known for now. We make it in house and it's definately our most popular item. We go through 3,000 lbs of that stuff in one game. That's a lot of pig butt.

I forgot to mention a few things. First, we are getting some philly style cheesesteak sandwhich stands. We won't be calling it philly cheese steak (for obvious reasons)... Instead it's southside cheesesteak. The new fries are called Sir Walter Spuds. It comes with a sauce that they cleverly named Sir Walter Sauce.

The BBQ is what the RBC is most known for now. We make it in house and it's definately our most popular item. We go through 3,000 lbs of that stuff in one game. That's a lot of pig butt.

I forgot to mention a few things. First, we are getting some philly style cheesesteak sandwhich stands. We won't be calling it philly cheese steak (for obvious reasons)... Instead it's southside cheesesteak. The new fries are called Sir Walter Spuds. It comes with a sauce that they cleverly named Sir Walter Sauce.

as long as none of it is made from the remains of Sir Walter then I am a happy man.

I hope the new cheese steaks are better than the old ones. They really might have been Soylent Sir Walter -- absolutely revolting.

Lavi also said that he expects Washington to be very good this year and for Florida to also contend for the division. He said the boys are really fired up and pissed off about last year and we should expect a lot more out of them now that they are healthy. I'm really excited to see how they respond. It feels like I haven't seen a hockey game in years...

Will the concession stands take credit cards? That is all that matters to me.

I'm not sure. I'll probably be working the Caniac carnival on Sunday so I'll try to find out for you.

Will the concession stands take credit cards? That is all that matters to me.

I'm wondering that too.

Last year I heard that they were going to install the machines to accept credit cards, wonder if they actually did.

I never carry cash ( so don't try to mug me!) , that was always a hassle for me at the games lol. That would be huge, but they prob cut cost down on not having transaction fees from using credit cards.

I never carry cash ( so don't try to mug me!) , that was always a hassle for me at the games lol. That would be huge, but they prob cut cost down on not having transaction fees from using credit cards.

According to the concessions manager, most if not all stadiums/arenas will be cashless within 10 years. It would make the lines a lot faster and would save lots of cash. He even said that the atms would eventually work to where you put cash in and get a card back... How weird is that? But I guess its a good thing, eventually everything will be cashless anyway it's pretty much inevitable.

Eat Soylent cheesesteak, because Sir Walter was a man of good taste. :o

I thought I was the only one that remembers that movie (Soylent Green), classic moment in movie at end when

Charleston Heston said "Soylent Green is PEOPLE".