The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
hockeydad-ch1

First STH to post pic wins!

I simply make it easy on my wife, all of the Christmas, Birthday and Father's Day shopping for me is complete as soon as I order the tickets! Now that the kids are in year round and on different tracks vacations are no longer in the budget so we just have lots of one night vacations in Raleigh. And to think we were against mandatory year round!

you should be so ashamed, you should know that when life gives you lemons just make lemonade.

Its now official. Im jealous of all you STH'ers. ;) All i need to do is get about 4 more jobs so i could have the extra money to buy season tix, and also hypnotize mrs ncc to think thats its "the right thing to do". :lol::lol:

Have you brought wifey to a game or 2? Mine was hooked after a couple of games and is as rabid as I am. You get ther into the whole social scene(ttailgating and after the game at the back gate) with some other wimmin and you are home free.

I would be glad to assist.

CC

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=336735' target="_blank">http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=336735[/post]

Saw this on NHL.com........ Sidney Crosby and a few others delivered season tickets to some fans.

there is already a link on this in Around The NHL

Have you brought wifey to a game or 2? Mine was hooked after a couple of games and is as rabid as I am. You get ther into the whole social scene(ttailgating and after the game at the back gate) with some other wimmin and you are home free.

CC

shes been to every game ive been to except Ron Francis nite. I flew solo. We were at the very first "canesgate" tailgating throwdown. She like going but doesnt get into it like me. (rabid..as you say) Shes weird like that. :lol: shes even been after a practice and got a few auto's with me. Maybe because Recchi went back to Pitts, she doesnt enjoy it as much. <_<

CC

Nashcounty I can join CC in helping getting your wife hooked. Just introduce her to me and you'll be home free. :lol:

I've gotten a couple people hooked.

Thanks everybody for the offers to convert mrs ncc. ;) Im sure that sometime during the season, i may need some help. Maybe this year she will come around and get into it a little more than just going to some games...we shall see.

nashcountycane1, we've been friends forever so I know if anyone can persuade her it would be you. I only went to one game and I was hooked for life. it doesn't hurt that majority of the players are hot. couldn't refuse throwing that statement in there. Bring her on over to packhouse rd. area and let me talk some sense into her.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=336735' target="_blank">http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=336735[/post]

Saw this on NHL.com........ Sidney Crosby and a few others delivered season tickets to some fans.

My contacts in San Jose told me the same thing about their STs. He said he is waiting for Joe Thornton to show up on his doorstep.

I guess I could say I got my hockey fix last night when I had a dream that I was at a game. I was some what watching in the background an old Seinfeld show and they were at a NJ Devils and NY Rangers game so i guess that was what brought on the dream. I don't remember any details about the game such as who won but I'm just going with we won the game since it was MY dream. hehehe

nashcountycane1, we've been friends forever so I know if anyone can persuade her it would be you. I only went to one game and I was hooked for life. it doesn't hurt that majority of the players are hot. couldn't refuse throwing that statement in there. Bring her on over to packhouse rd. area and let me talk some sense into her.

hahahaha!!!! :lol::lol: I hope everyone doesnt get the wrong idea about her. Shes not "anti-hockey" She likes hockey, just doesnt "need that fix"..ya know? but yeah , maybe a trip to packhouse rd would be fun tho. And ill get my hockey fix Sunday at the 5K thingy, if i can make it.

Ahhhhhh sweet relief!!!!! I almost hugged the UPS guy.....which would be scary since I am 6'3" tall and a hulk of a mountain of a giant. :huh:

I was so excited I actually squealed a little. As I looked out the window as he left, I saw the big brown truck burning rubber out of my cul-de-sac.

I have looked at everything and feel a lot better now too!

Hope you all get yours today too!

Go CANES!

Ahhhhhh sweet relief!!!!! I almost hugged the UPS guy.....which would be scary since I am 6'3" tall and a hulk of a mountain of a giant. :huh:

I was so excited I actually squealed a little. As I looked out the window as he left, I saw the big brown truck burning rubber out of my cul-de-sac.

I have looked at everything and feel a lot better now too!

Hope you all get yours today too!

Go CANES!

I yelled at mine because he was in the office park 3 hours earlier and could have just thrown them out, told him he cost me a case a beer from HockeyDad. Then after he left i did my happy dance.

This is really hard reading all who have received their tickets while I'm still sitting at work. I should just go home, its not like I've done anything today anyway.

I hope I get home and see package on my stoop.

This is really hard reading all who have received their tickets while I'm still sitting at work. I should just go home, its not like I've done anything today anyway.

you should, i was extactic(sp)!!

It's funny how many of us are at work and have time to be on here all day. lol! I just work, get email, new post, click on link, read and comment if need be, go back to work and wait for next email. same cycle everyday.

WHERE ARE MINE!!!!!!! the ups man has 15 minutes to get here...i know it may only be a day or so late but i always start getting paranoid..."what if they sent them to the wrong house?" "what if someone stole them"......ahhhhhh this is killing me