The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
shane472

Michael Leighton Mask

We were down for the pre-game skate and his helmet is pretty cool. It has a big Canes logo on the one side and the other side was silver with Stormy.

Yea he played well in his first game as a cane, the first goal was kind of a fluke goal( John Grahame's first goal allowed). I wish they would have played Sutter more he didnt really get to show his stuff except for the one shot on the breakaway. I got a little scared when Cole went down but he came back to score a goal so I guess he's alright. Crazy game tonight no offense and then 2 goals midway through the 3rd in like a span of 2 minutes. They boys showed the determination they did in 06 and the whole team wasnt even playing so I cant wait for Oct 3.

I didn't get the stormy side of the mask, but I will post a couple of Leighton once I resize them. I took about 70 pics at the game and whatnot and so it's taking me a while.

The Caniac nation was highly impressed with Leighton tonight, after a while all there were, were cheers when he touched the puck.

I know this is a little off topic, but ladies...I think we got us another good looking goalie on our hands :P

OK...back on subject..... He did look good out there! I was very impressed. I would still hate to lose Grahame though. I think he's a good goalie too. We need to see a few more games 1st to make any good decisions though..of course!

I wanted to tell Leighton that he did do a great job when we saw him out back, but I forgot.

EDIT: Oh wait...darn that wasn't on subject either. Yeah..the mask. Didn't pay attention to it actually.

Not a problem! Not sure about where he got the idea for his mask, but he was wearing pads identical to Grahame's.

(PS: I completely agree with you about the looks Camniac)

Not a problem! Not sure about where he got the idea for his mask, but he was wearing pads identical to Grahame's.

(PS: I completely agree with you about the looks Camniac)

I guess he figures those are the official backup pads! :P :P I don't think he has any plans of playing in albany, he has the helmet and pads already.

Sweet helmet. Can't wait to see the Stormy side. I don't think he has the same pads as Grahame though, Leighton wears itech so unless Grahame switched they're different. As for the equipment meaning he plans on playing in Carolina, don't read too much into that. I really hope he wins the backup job but Albany has the same color scheme and the goalies who play for us in the ahl wear canes masks anyways. Peters has one.

Well I meant the patterns were similar...I didn't mean the same brand or whatnot...I didn't really stop to ask them. :P:D

BTW I lied...I found a pic of mine with the stormy side...

LeightonMask.jpg

Interestingly enough in my opnion,

Grahame did not look very comfortable netminding, but he did a good job clearing the puck and starting the attack with his outlet passes.

Leighton on the other hand, looked very comfortable netminding but not as strong handling the puck. Not like watching Irbe or anything like that where you had to hold your breath, but just not quite as strong as Grahame.

I think those of us (me included) that assumed Leighton was brought in to give us a strong backup if Grahame went down (VS Kowalksy last year) and to give us a strong River Rat goalie may be underestimating his potential. With JR's experience with the goalie position, its possible he went after a Cam Ward backup sooner rather then later.

I know this is a little off topic, but ladies...I think we got us another good looking goalie on our hands :P

OK...back on subject..... He did look good out there! I was very impressed. I would still hate to lose Grahame though. I think he's a good goalie too. We need to see a few more games 1st to make any good decisions though..of course!

I wanted to tell Leighton that he did do a great job when we saw him out back, but I forgot.

EDIT: Oh wait...darn that wasn't on subject either. Yeah..the mask. Didn't pay attention to it actually.

I took care of that for the both of us. I also thanked him for standing his ground out there today.

I took over 400 shots today. I was also sitting on the glass right behind the net so I should have something on Leights! I was trying to get his attention the whole time he was down my end. I know him from his playing days in the Blackhawks organization when he played in the AHL. He is such a great guy and he has always played level-headed in net. I would love to see him make the team.

I finally got his attention during a stop in play...he raised his eyebrows at me in recognition! I will have my pictures posted tomorrow in the Images section.

I took over 400 shots today. I was also sitting on the glass right behind the net so I should have something on Leights! I was trying to get his attention the whole time he was down my end. I know him from his playing days in the Blackhawks organization when he played in the AHL. He is such a great guy and he has always played level-headed in net. I would love to see him make the team.

I finally got his attention during a stop in play...he raised his eyebrows at me in recognition! I will have my pictures posted tomorrow in the Images section.

Cool!! I can't wait to see them!

Cool, can't wait to see his mask. I've worn my Grahame jersey since last season, but I do think that Leighton played much better than Grahame did. I would be perfectly happy with Leighton as No. 2!!