The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
camanderikfan

Car Flags

Don't Wait. And you can bet if it will sell they will have a flag with that on it. (and it WILL sell)

I have had my magnets on my car so long they are permanently attached.

I don't have flags, because I have rain guards on all 4 of my windows, but I ALWAYS have my magnet on my tailgate and hockey puck going through my back window year round!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had my flag on my car since July,and the year we won the CUP i kept it on all summer and winter of that season..So no its not lame to show your pride all year round...

CANADIANCANIAC(By the way I just got my CANIAC license plates today in the mail)

I already realize that this is probably a lame ? but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm so ready to put my Canes flag on my car. I was going to wait till Friday but I am having a hard time resisting the temptation of putting it on now. Are any of you already showing the Caniac Pride?

Also, I wonder if they'll have a new flag this year displaying the 10th anniv. logo on it. That would be cool!

I would think they would just so we would have something else to buy. there is no bad time to put the flags on, i am resisting until Sunday.

I saw quite a few in the parking lot for the 5k yesterday with flags up. Looks like you're not alone in your thinking.

I saw quite a few in the parking lot for the 5k yesterday with flags up. Looks like you're not alone in your thinking.

I show my pride year round also but don't do the flag cause I can't stand the draft noise that comes from the window when it's on. I also kept my Stanley Cup flag up all summer last year. I didn't want to purchase a new flag till I saw if they would have the 10th anniv. one. My old one is all torn up. You can definetly tell it has been used. My neighbors know when the season starts when they see my car. I also have a license plate on the front of my car and a personalized canes one on back that reads CMKJ. I also have a hurricanes logo on my back windshield so it's obvious I'm proud. It also let the man I saw the other day who had a Buffalo Sabres bumper sticker on his truck why I was giving him the evil eye.

I saw a car in a parking lot over the weekend that had their flags up. Its never to early. I on the other hand are going to resist until Sunday. I still have my license plate, license plate cover thingy (2006 SC champs), my canes sticker, and a got hockey sticker on my car that is of course displayed year round.

I have a flag question. When i put a flag on my window, once i start going at any speed, it sounds like the whole window is gonna shake out and bust. Its from the air rattling the flag i know, but is there anything i can do to prevent it to muffle the noise or am i that dumb i cant even put a flag in a window the right way? :blink:

I have a flag question. When i put a flag on my window, once i start going at any speed, it sounds like the whole window is gonna shake out and bust. Its from the air rattling the flag i know, but is there anything i can do to prevent it to muffle the noise or am i that dumb i cant even put a flag in a window the right way? :blink:

Not really, it differs from vehicle to vehicle. A friend of mine has a Honda element and the window mount fits snuggly in the window frame so there is no noise, on the Mazda and Dodge truck i use to have i would get alot of noise. will test it on my new truck soon.

on the front of my truck is a canes plate (The Eye on black) and on the back is my Canes customized license plate that says "C97". 15 mins after my tickets showed up the back window now sports the tenth anniversary STH sticker.

I have a Honda Accord and I get noise with mine as well.

So im guessing the only thing i can do to help is turn the radio up louder?? ;) Maybe crank a little "Rock you like a Hurricane!" :ph34r:

done that already, doesn't help unfortunately. It's like a whistling noise but I suck it up so I can fly my flag.

done that already, doesn't help unfortunately. It's like a whistling noise but I suck it up so I can fly my flag.

the only other thing you could do would require modifying the window molding and cuting it out so that the car flag fits!! Which isn't a problem until you go trade the car in.

the only other thing you could do would require modifying the window molding and cuting it out so that the car flag fits!! Which isn't a problem until you go trade the car in.

Fortunataley for me the only place my car gets traded in to is the Junkyard. 169,000 miles and counting.

LOL

I have a VW Bug and it's loud when I've got my flag on...I thought the same as you, camanderikfan...I was sure I had done something wrong.

I have the 'eye' decal in one back window, the alternate logo in the other one, a Hurricanes decal in the back window, and one of those European type oval decals with "NC" and Hurricanes Girl underneath. I get the eye from a lot of Leafs fans up here.

My flags only go up on gameday, it's bad mojo otherwise. I just replaced my eye magnet, and added the warning flag and an antenna topper to my 24/7 Canesmobile gear. And the window puck is still going strong, too.

I have had my magnets on my car so long they are permanently attached.

I don't know if you are kidding but I had one of the '06 Stanley Cup Champs magnets on my car and the darned thing melted to the car. It looks awful now, I can get small pieces to come off every so often. At this rate it will probably take a few years before it comes all the way off. I covered it up with a volleyball magnet. Hopefully there will be an '08 cup champ magnet that I will be able to put over the top of it.

I don't know if you are kidding but I had one of the '06 Stanley Cup Champs magnets on my car and the darned thing melted to the car. It looks awful now, I can get small pieces to come off every so often. At this rate it will probably take a few years before it comes all the way off. I covered it up with a volleyball magnet. Hopefully there will be an '08 cup champ magnet that I will be able to put over the top of it.

I had the same thing happen, i had the hurricane flag magnet on my left rear fender of my truck and it had been on there so long it fused to the paint i think. could only get bits and pieces off.

I have a VW Bug and it's loud when I've got my flag on...I thought the same as you, camanderikfan...I was sure I had done something wrong.

I have the 'eye' decal in one back window, the alternate logo in the other one, a Hurricanes decal in the back window, and one of those European type oval decals with "NC" and Hurricanes Girl underneath. I get the eye from a lot of Leafs fans up here.

where did you get the hurricanes girl decal from? I would love to have one of those.

i also had the same thing happen with my magnet. however, i was obsessed with making sure i got all the bits and pieces off (for some reason i have a compulsion to keep my truck spotless). i spent a good half hour picking at it, and i actually did get it all off. i got a new one the next day, and if you read the package it comes in, it says not to leave the magnet on for more than 24 hours. so i just take it off and put it in a slightly different spot every day.