The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
SkinnerChickenDinner

lightning leighton

I agree, I like his nickname. I talked to a friend after the game and she told me that they were calling him that! I thought he was very strong and looked awesome in the net! If not No. 2 this year, I would hope next year!!! Let's pull for The Lightning, No. 49!!!! I think a sign for him is in order, just to make him feel even more welcome than he already is!

Did anyone see what was on the other side of his mask? I didn't go down for the warm up, so I didn't see it. I saw the one side from the picture on the website, but not the other. What I did see, it looked really awesome! Thanks. ;)

My son and I thought he looked really good in net. He definitely is going to give John a run for his money. I don't know if John could have have gotten back to the other side of the net for that huge save he made in the 3rd. Very Impressive!

Looks like he might have a small probelm with his five hole though. My son and I watched all the replays and it seems he can't keep his knees together after he goes down. Something he needs to work on. But he has a nice 'lightening' glove.

Other than that, is it ture that the Cane's will no longer be signing autograghs after the games? I have a friend that works inside the organization that I will ask what the big deal is about that. What is the harm of them signing for their fans?

Could be the players said something about it, or the organization feels that they should be able to leave and get home. I'm sure they are all tired. I'm not sure, I rarely go out after games anyway. Who knows?

I am still happy we won yesterday and that our third goalie played well. B)

Where did you get autographs after the game? I thought they cut that out this year?

I think they may have put that in the RBC Center "fan guidelines" just for show. Yesterday it was just like normal, fans were lined up and most of the players who played in the game signed. Staal and Williams were about the only ones who didn't. Ronnie Franchise even stopped and signed!

I think they may have put that in the RBC Center "fan guidelines" just for show. Yesterday it was just like normal, fans were lined up and most of the players who played in the game signed. Staal and Williams were about the only ones who didn't. Ronnie Franchise even stopped and signed!

Excellent. I will definitely stay from now on.

Is it pronounced 'lite-on'? Chuck was saying 'lay-ton' on the radio..

believe me, what ever way Chuck says it is right... he isn't known as one of the all time best radio guys in the league for nothin'!

Excellent. I will definitely stay from now on.

I'm the only major canes fan in my family so I haven't been to too many games, so where do you go to see them after the games?

I'm the only major canes fan in my family so I haven't been to too many games, so where do you go to see them after the games?

go around back at the security gate where the players park at and line up along side the fence and when the players come out they'll usually stop. Some will even walk out on foot and go down the line. Staal and Williams are 2 that rarely stop. Cam, Cole, Commodore and Stillman are a few that come to mind that will usually stop every time. If you walk around to the back you can't miss the line of fans waiting for them.

go around back at the security gate where the players park at and line up along side the fence and when the players come out they'll usually stop. Some will even walk out on foot and go down the line. Staal and Williams are 2 that rarely stop. Cam, Cole, Commodore and Stillman are a few that come to mind that will usually stop every time. If you walk around to the back you can't miss the line of fans waiting for them.

Thanks for the info!!

I got tickets for the Penguins game, so I can't wait!!

Yeah I guess it is only one game he did good in so far.

I give him credit. he bailed us out in sunday's game. I really dont think he can beat Grahame for the No 2 Spot this year. Grahame just has too much NHL experience. However come next year at camp (assuming we dont resign Grahame which I hope we do) I can easily see him getting the No 2 Position over our other prospects

One thing I would point out for anyone looking to get autographs after games is that they do not stop after games when they have a road game the next night. They have to hurry up and get to the airport for the flight out.

I really can't see us re-signing Grahame. I'd be very surprised if he was back after this year.

Agreed. I don't see Leighton taking Grahame's job this year as they still want a Veteran behind Cam. But if Cam takes steps in the right direction this year and Leighton puts a good showing in Albany, I can see them not re-signing Grahame and bringing Leighton in as Cam's back up. Leighton will be cheaper and they can use that extra money on defense.

And just to note on the autographs after games. In the fan guidelines we received with our season tickets it was noted that no autographs will be allowed after the games. Apparently the secuirty Nazis are going to be shooing people away. Try it anyway, but don't be surprised if they tell you to leave.