The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Coming Soon!

To everyone saying Letowski hasn't worked out here, give the guy a chance. He was brought in to center the third line then got bumped with the acquisition of Belanger. Didn't see much ice time and then got wrecked by Armstrong and didn't full recover for a long time. Give him some time, geeze.

And I also wouldn't kick Crackers out the door yet either. We've seen Leighton in one game and not even a complete one yet.

To everyone saying Letowski hasn't worked out here, give the guy a chance. He was brought in to center the third line then got bumped with the acquisition of Belanger. Didn't see much ice time and then got wrecked by Armstrong and didn't full recover for a long time. Give him some time, geeze.

Letowski's a right winger, which means he'll have trouble in the center position in the first place. Now that we have Cullen, there's no chance of him grabbing the third line. Hamilton will take the center position on the fourth line, which leaves Trevor the odd man out. Right now, he's worth keeping, because of the LaRose injury. He'll most likely take over while LaRose is out. Past that, I don't see much use in keeping him.

Common sense would dictate we don't need David Tanabe. However, if our front office is put in a position where they need to make a move quickly they'll most likely acquire someone they are familiar with, just look at the Eric Belanger trade for Josef Vasicek last season. Of all of the affordable defenseman that could potentially be on the market prior to the season, Tanabe is the one they will likely feel the safest in signing.

Tanabe unless he has a real bad camp will likely sign with the Blues. Now if he does have a bad camp do we really want him back?? I think not. You forget we can't just take a player with another club.

Letowski's a right winger, which means he'll have trouble in the center position in the first place.

Do some research, he's played center over the course of his career.

Tanabe unless he has a real bad camp will likely sign with the Blues. Now if he does have a bad camp do we really want him back?? I think not. You forget we can't just take a player with another club.

Of course we won't be able to sign him if he signs with the Blues, but I believe that is far from a lock. He is currently battling for the 7th/8th spot on St. Louis' defense. I still think we'll see him back in Carolina if he doesn't sign with St. Louis.

Of course we won't be able to sign him if he signs with the Blues, but I believe that is far from a lock. He is currently battling for the 7th/8th spot on St. Louis' defense. I still think we'll see him back in Carolina if he doesn't sign with St. Louis.

why do we need an 8th or 9th d-man. it makes no business sense. we have some great prospects to call up and tanabe won't accept a two way deal. if he doesn't get the 7th or 8th spot on the blues, do you think there just might be a reason for that?? they are not that deep a team and are in dire need!!

I agree about Letowski. After all, he did take that nasty hit last year. Being concussed isn't a minor injury. If you ask the NHL people, he was "apparently" knocked out. I saw no apparent about it. Give him some time to play, he may surprise all of us, just like Leighton. Don't get me wrong, I like Grahame, but Leighton did outplay him, which really surprised me with Grahame having all the NHL experience. I guess we can say Leighton is hungry for the No. 2 spot and will play to prove it.

I posted that the players listed on my list are players who ARE NOT guaranteed a roster spot.

So, players like Letowski, for example, are not on the list.

Sorry for the confusion... :P

but isn't Letowski on a two-way contract? aside from that it will depend on how they play as to see who gets that final spot on the 4th line... LaRose is a wrap for it once healed, but until then it'll be between Bayda, Letowski et al. - also might add that the third line has a guy out (Ladd), but once he and LaRose are healthy Letowski will end up the odd man out unless he outplays Hamilton for the 4th line C - which I don't see as likely because Letowski is usually a winger (but can play C if called upon) whereas Hamilton is a natural C.

another thing to think about is that the coaches may want to see more of Sutter early on, and will play him for a few games -

To boil it all down, I'd say that Letowski is definitely NOT guaranteed a spot, and therefore should be on the list, Hamilton is pretty much a shoe-in for the 4th line C and therefore probably doesn't belong on it

why do we need an 8th or 9th d-man. it makes no business sense. we have some great prospects to call up and tanabe won't accept a two way deal. if he doesn't get the 7th or 8th spot on the blues, do you think there just might be a reason for that?? they are not that deep a team and are in dire need!!

what you said... plus why would we want to give anything up for a mediocre defenseman at best... we'd be far better off bringing Babin up - that kid makes Tanabe look like a waste of space on the ice

Letowski has a one way contract, would have to clear waivers.

ok, that's why I phrased it as a question, but it still doesn't change my point... Hamilton was brought here to center that 4th line and is a natural C

ok, that's why I phrased it as a question, but it still doesn't change my point... Hamilton was brought here to center that 4th line and is a natural C

No argument there, I have a gut feeling though we might see Letowski and Grahame as a package deal if Leighton plays like he did Sunday. JR may be working the phones as we speak. I don't dislike Grahame but Leighton's play if consistent could actually be a push for Cam.

I will reserve judgement until I see him against the Cap's first line...

I was hoping they would do a (for fun) shoot-out at the end...that would have been a nice test for him too.

I think that Leighton played kind of sloppy on Sunday. Now, I know he only let in one goal, but some of the things he did made my stomach feel like it had an icicle in it. He let a lot of rebounds get away. We know if Ovechkin had been out there, it would have been a goal. He's good at waiting around like that. There were a couple of times that he left the crease and made some Grahame-like handling plays, but didn't seem too confident on the puck. That being said, I thought he had a much better game than what I expected, but Grahame proved last season that he can hold his own if given the chance. I was really worried last season when Cam was hurt, but I very much liked Grahame's performance in his stead. I think if the rest of the team had played well in front of him, we could have made it to the playoffs.

I'd like to see Leighton sent down to the AHL to improve his skills. I think there is a diamond in the rough there, because Rutherford knows what he's talking about when it comes to goalies. Up in Albany, he can work with Barrasso. If anybody can develop a goalies skills for NHL level play, it's him. This way, when Grahame's contract runs out after this year, we have a good back up goalie to replace him if the team doesn't want to spend the money Grahame asks for.