The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ice-warrior-ch1

carnival Q&A

I honestly don't think that matters. The Carnival has always been free and I don't see them charging $8 to people who are just going to the carnival. And it will be way too hard for those lovely parking tenants to determine whose there for the carnival and whose there for the carnival/game. Besides, the carnival will be taking up the parking lots, so we're all pretty much going to be parking in those lovely dirt lots over at Carter Finley.

I'll try and find out tomorrow while I'm out there if I can so we can have a definite answer.

Yes It would be nice to know how much of the general parking is taken up by the carnival

Yes It would be nice to know how much of the general parking is taken up by the carnival

none... the carnival is on the lawn between the RBC and Carter-Finley (or at least it was last year) and didn't take up any parking

Did they do the thing with the wristband last year?

Indeed they did. This was what they did last year:

Following practice, the autograph session will take place from 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. A total of 2,000 wristbands will be distributed at the start of the Carnival for admission to the autograph session.

Pictures with the Stanley Cup were open to anybody, you just had to pay either $5 for one picture or $10 for three pictures and endure the extended wait in line. My brother-in-law and I attended and were told by a RBC Center employee that the best time to get in line would probably be around 2:30, "right as the line started to thin out." Since we didn't have much else to do, we decided to get in line at around 1:30 and by 3:30 we still hadn't gotten to the Stanley Cup. If we had listened to that RBC Center employee, we likely would've waited in line for two hours and wouldn't even have had an opportunity to pose with the Stanley Cup. As for parking, it may be different since there is a game involved, but last year it wasn't really that crowded in the parking lot we were in. We took the first spot we came to, but on the walk up to the RBC Center there were alot of available spots alot closer.

Ok so my first carnival and have a couple questions. What is the deal with the lines and how are they sorting those out, also what time should I be there to be in line. I'm not going to the game, but I'm wanting autographs so any info about that would really help, thanks!

So, a few quick questions about the Caniac Carnival. Of course I don't think of them until the middle of the night BEFORE the carnival, but hopefully someone can get back to me before tomorrow morning.

Anywho, I have a ticket for the game tomorrow since I'm a 24 game ticket holder. Will I have to wait in line to get into the carnival? I'm not interested in autographs because I have most of them and I don't necessarily want to wait in line all day when I just want to get to the carnival. So will we be given the go-ahead to walk right in or do we have to wait in line? Also, my SO is coming along for the carnival. He isn't going to the game nor does he want autographs. Will he need a ticket to enter the carnival? Lastly, did anyone clear up the parking debate? Is it going to be free or do we not know yet? Sorry for all the questions. For all the years I've been a season ticket holder (5 years) I've never gone to the carnival. I understand its mostly for the kids, but I think I'll still have a great time since I'm going in a group with some friends and family.

Anyway, hope someone can get back to me! See lots of you tomorrow!

So, a few quick questions about the Caniac Carnival. Of course I don't think of them until the middle of the night BEFORE the carnival, but hopefully someone can get back to me before tomorrow morning.

Anywho, I have a ticket for the game tomorrow since I'm a 24 game ticket holder. Will I have to wait in line to get into the carnival? I'm not interested in autographs because I have most of them and I don't necessarily want to wait in line all day when I just want to get to the carnival. So will we be given the go-ahead to walk right in or do we have to wait in line? Also, my SO is coming along for the carnival. He isn't going to the game nor does he want autographs. Will he need a ticket to enter the carnival? Lastly, did anyone clear up the parking debate? Is it going to be free or do we not know yet? Sorry for all the questions. For all the years I've been a season ticket holder (5 years) I've never gone to the carnival. I understand its mostly for the kids, but I think I'll still have a great time since I'm going in a group with some friends and family.

As long as you dont want the autographs you should be able to just walk in when the carnival starts at 10. Dont think we ever cleared up the parking so expect to pay. See you there :)

You do not need a ticket for the carnival. The only people that need to wait in line are those that do not already have a game ticket or STH who would like to get autographs. There is no answer on the parking fee but I personally can't see them charging for parking when the game is free and the caniac carnival has always had free parking but I'd still take $8.00 just in case.

One interesting note.. they will be opening the Box Office at 11:30 to sell tickets for October/November games. But I just noticed that Ticketmaster will have those games on sale at 11:30, also. So the people standing in line at the carnival will be in competition for tickets from the rest of the country, who can order from their computers.

They should have delayed the Ticketmaster sales till the afternoon.

One interesting note.. they will be opening the Box Office at 11:30 to sell tickets for October/November games. But I just noticed that Ticketmaster will have those games on sale at 11:30, also. So the people standing in line at the carnival will be in competition for tickets from the rest of the country, who can order from their computers.

They should have delayed the Ticketmaster sales till the afternoon.

i don't think it will be that much of an issue except with the pittsburg game.

The canian carnival and the free game were awesome -- Thanks to the entire hurricanes organization for putting it on.

However, it was very unfortunate to see thousands of empty seats when so many people were turned away because the free tickets were gone.

Why not simply ask the season tickets holders if they WANT the tickets? If yes, they definitely should get them, but if NO, they should be given away. Some season ticket holders I talked with didn't even know they were getting tickets to yesterdays game.

Again, its great that there was a free game. I just hope if they do it again they can accomodate more fans and have a real full house.

Why not simply ask the season tickets holders if they WANT the tickets? If yes, they definitely should get them, but if NO, they should be given away. Some season ticket holders I talked with didn't even know they were getting tickets to yesterdays game.

I was thinking the same thing. There were only about 50 people ahead of me when they ran out of tickets. Apparently they weren't enforcing the one-ticket-per-person rule either. My friends were in a different line and the people around them were requesting more tickets than they had people with them, so some could have gone to waste that way too. On the news last night they showed highlights from the game and I was amazed at all the empty seats I could see! But yes, the Carnival was a lot of fun, but it would have been better if more fans could have gotten in for the game!

I really enjoyed the game yesterday and I'm also glad that it's hockey season again. I hated seeing all those empty seats yesterday. Another thing that I noticed was the fact that you could tell there were a lot of people that were only there because it was a free game. Yes, it's a great way of getting newbies in and hopefully hooked but if it wasn't for the lady beside me and the little kid (maybe 4) behind me in my section 201 would have been dead. One man on my row sat there with his arms folded the whole time. Of course me and my big mouth had to make a smart comment that could be overheard to all that was near me..."You sure can tell who came just because it was free". I probably shouldn't have said that because I wouldn't want to turn anyone off but come on people, this is hockey and we need to get out of our seats and MAKE SOME NOISE as the jumbotron clearly states. The little boy behind me was so cute ever so often you here him yell come on canes and he was so little that his feet just barely hung over the seat. Any quiet adult around him should have felt ashamed. GO CANES!!!

I really enjoyed the game yesterday and I'm also glad that it's hockey season again. I hated seeing all those empty seats yesterday. Another thing that I noticed was the fact that you could tell there were a lot of people that were only there because it was a free game. Yes, it's a great way of getting newbies in and hopefully hooked but if it wasn't for the lady beside me and the little kid (maybe 4) behind me in my section 201 would have been dead. One man on my row sat there with his arms folded the whole time. Of course me and my big mouth had to make a smart comment that could be overheard to all that was near me..."You sure can tell who came just because it was free". I probably shouldn't have said that because I wouldn't want to turn anyone off but come on people, this is hockey and we need to get out of our seats and MAKE SOME NOISE as the jumbotron clearly states. The little boy behind me was so cute ever so often you here him yell come on canes and he was so little that his feet just barely hung over the seat. Any quiet adult around him should have felt ashamed. GO CANES!!!

it was kinda empty inside, but alot of STH's stayed away for fear that it would be a madhouse with the freebie and all. (plus alot of the corporate season tickets are hardly ever used at all during the preseason) - oh, and section 326 was their usual rowdy selves - bless 'em - I wish our section (304) was that fun!

I sit in Section 304 - Row D - and thought the crowd was really loud, especially consifdering this was pre-season. Of course, the crowd really got going in the second part of the 3rd period.

the loudness was ok, but 326 has it down to a science - and we're trying to spread some of their set cheers that are really good (and would be better if the whole arena did it) like "cheaters - never - win" every time an opposing player get's a penalty, and "kill - it - kill - it - dead" whever the opposition gets a PP

I arrived at the RBC Center just before 8am. Parking was free and I got a spot up front on the East side. Me and my friend were about 40 people back so we had no problems getting him a ticket (I already had one with my season ticket plan) and us both autograph wristbands. We had to stand in the ticket line first and then we were directed to another line for wristbands. With that being done, we walked around the carnival and then headed for Wendy's for lunch. We came back and went to the West side to wait in the autograph line. We made it through 2 tables. We were in line for several but once I found out Staal wasn't signing, I didn't care if I got in line or not. We hung inside until they let us down for warm-ups. I sat in my usual spot (front row right next to the zamboni entrance section 111). My ticket is up in 321 but my friend got a ticket for 110. We sat in his row until the guys next to me had a coniption because I was in their seat...the entire row was empty. We made an executive decision to move back to the front row where we sat for warm-ups and stayed there the rest of the game. I took over 500 pictures and I will post them tonight in the Images section.

It was a good time. I wish Staal was signing though. I really wanted my jerseys signed. I also wish the tables would have the players names posted so you could head to a certain table instead of wasting time in another line. I caught Andrew Ladd walking through the concourse (I am presuming on his way to his table)

I was so stoked to be able to watch the game from the first row. My friend had never been to a hockey game before so he was excited to sit on the glass and have the players get checked right in front of us! I thought the team looked good in the first but slacked off in the 2nd and most of the third. Glad we were able to come back and win. I thought the minor leaguers looked good. Leights made a good case for making the team. I can only imagine what we are going to look like with Brindy, Wesley, Whitney, Cullen...etc.

the loudness was ok, but 326 has it down to a science - and we're trying to spread some of their set cheers that are really good (and would be better if the whole arena did it) like "cheaters - never - win" every time an opposing player get's a penalty, and "kill - it - kill - it - dead" whever the opposition gets a PP

They'll need to hand out a program.. because the rest of the arena (past 324/328 perhaps) can't hear the words they are saying. I get that there's something being yelled, and which general area is doing the yelling.. but beyond that, nothing.

Other than the two that have made it into general use.. which coincidentally both have the word 'suck' in them. Perhaps that's how you get the RBC to repeat something, I don't know.

They'll need to hand out a program.. because the rest of the arena (past 324/328 perhaps) can't hear the words they are saying. I get that there's something being yelled, and which general area is doing the yelling.. but beyond that, nothing.

Other than the two that have made it into general use.. which coincidentally both have the word 'suck' in them. Perhaps that's how you get the RBC to repeat something, I don't know.

I totally agree. I couldn't make out one of the chants that was coming from a section and would have joined in if I had a clue what they were saying.