The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfer

B-Bye :)

Anyone rember the X-FILES???

There was an episode where the "smoking man" was in a board room and told "Sir the people of Buffalo want a championship" His reply was "As long as I am in charge here that city will never win a championship!!" HEHEHEHE Government conspiracy! This episode/quote was priceless!!!!!!

There was an episode where the "smoking man" was in a board room and told "Sir the people of Buffalo want a championship" His reply was "As long as I am in charge here that city will never win a championship!!" HEHEHEHE Government conspiracy! This episode/quote was priceless!!!!!!

So he must still be in charge?

NO EXCUSES.

Ottawa was the better team. :(. Sabres need a new Power Play coach. But if we can keep the core of our team we'll be fine.

BUFFALO SABRES STANLEY CUP IN 2008!!!!!!

I dunno...I think Buffalo has a point and the game should be under review....did anyone else notice the bright flash of light towards the end of the game? Well I got an email from Bettman, he said that what happened is Ottawa used one of those mind erasers like is used in the Men In Black movies....and that in fact Buffalo won the game, but our memories were wiped out so we were lead to believe that Ottawa won........sadly there is no rule against this in the NHL so Bettman is suggesting that if this happens in the future, he will implement a "Re-Do" policy.......keep your eyes on nhl.com!

I dunno...I think Buffalo has a point and the game should be under review....did anyone else notice the bright flash of light towards the end of the game? Well I got an email from Bettman, he said that what happened is Ottawa used one of those mind erasers like is used in the Men In Black movies....and that in fact Buffalo won the game, but our memories were wiped out so we were lead to believe that Ottawa won........sadly there is no rule against this in the NHL so Bettman is suggesting that if this happens in the future, he will implement a "Re-Do" policy.......keep your eyes on nhl.com!

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol:

Oh my side hurts from laughing at all these great posts

You can keep taking things out of context all you want, if I really wanted I could make the 'canes fans and raleigh look like a hellhole and the fans look like trash, and I can do it to any team in the league for that matter. I'm sure you can also do the same for Buffalo.

Every team has it's group of bad fans, but Buffalo fans are some of the best out there. Thats all I have to say. !0,000 fans standing outside the arena in the plaza watching the game on a big screen as well. At the last away game there were 9,000 fans inside the arena watching the game projected on the ice from the jumbo tron. TV ratings state some games had over 50% of the city of buffalo watching.

I COULD look up articles about how last year 'canes fans broke car windows of sabres fans etc, but I won't. My point is there are bad fans in every bunch don't judge a team/place just because of what you here from the media.

that is the kind of stuff that makes you bandwagon.

1st of all....According to Emery, there was NOTHING else to do in that town anyway.

2nd of all....you will never find any worse fans than Buffalo fans...Anywhere!

Raleigh's police chief (who retired from NYPD) said it best last year during the playoffs, "you will never find any worse sports fans than those that are from Baffalo, we don't consider them New Yorkers in the big city and they don't represent us New Yorkers".

My wife who is from Rochester agrees!

You can keep taking things out of context all you want, if I really wanted I could make the 'canes fans and raleigh look like a hellhole and the fans look like trash, and I can do it to any team in the league for that matter. I'm sure you can also do the same for Buffalo.

Every team has it's group of bad fans, but Buffalo fans are some of the best out there. Thats all I have to say. !0,000 fans standing outside the arena in the plaza watching the game on a big screen as well. At the last away game there were 9,000 fans inside the arena watching the game projected on the ice from the jumbo tron. TV ratings state some games had over 50% of the city of buffalo watching.

I COULD look up articles about how last year 'canes fans broke car windows of sabres fans etc, but I won't. My point is there are bad fans in every bunch don't judge a team/place just because of what you here from the media.

1st of all....According to Emery, there was NOTHING else to do in that town anyway.

Raleigh's police chief (who retired from NYPD) said it best last year during the playoffs, "you will never find any worse sports fans than those that are from Baffalo, we don't consider them New Yorkers in the big city and they don't represent us New Yorkers".

Another man who called Buffalo fans the worst fans ever was Dan Marino. He litteraly said that Buffalo fans are the worst.

Just take all the bad ones, net 'em all up, drive down to Manhattan & dump 'em in the East River... the East River glows green at night... antifreeze green - nothing could possible survive in that for more than about 15 seconds.

Do we invade the slug boards with taunts and jeers? Nah, Caniacs have more class than slug fans

Class?! HAHA! This thread PROVES you DON'T have class. If you consider mocking a teams history, making fun of the team for being emotionally upset after a loss in the playoffs classy, you need to be checked out.

Nobody here that has posted so far seems to truthfully take hockey seriously, this is just people venting out on Buffalo for whatever grudge they have agianst the place.

P.S. A Buffalo WOMAN was punched in the face by an Ottawa fan at the end game 4, it was even listed on NBCs news archive, going by class the Sabres should have won.

I know all too well the problems the Sabre fans caused on this forum last year, as does any staff member here. We were literally banning 3-5 Sabre fans a day during non game days and a lot more during game days. They were posting nothing but rude comments. As we've proved, we do not ban people simply because of who they cheer for. Take Melissa as an example. She's a Sabre fan but she isn't banned nor does she have a profile warning. Why is this? Because she realizes this is our board for Hurricane fans and if we talk a bit of garbage about other teams she takes it in stride. But when outsiders who don't support the Hurricanes come here insulting our fans, we will not tollerate it.

As for people taking hockey seriously...I think you should read through the boards and you'll easily prove yourself wrong.

Finally, ONE, I'll say this again, ONE Ottawa fan assaulted a person. Tell me this, which team had a beer bottle thrown on the ice after a game? That's right folks, it was the Sabres. Tell me which team took the glass cups that were given out at RBC last year as collector items and threw them on the ice, at other fans, at cars, and worst of all at children...that's right, again it was Sabre fans. Of course not all Sabre fans are the same and there are some Sabre fans that I'd probably have a lot of fun hanging out with, but unfortunately I've come across a lot more rude ones than polite and respectful ones. I don't walk into your home and tell you how to paint the walls and where to put chairs, and we don't expect that here either.

I read through every thread in the playoffs that had posts tonight and not one extremely rude comment was said by a Hurricane fan. That's more than I can say with what happened last year here. I think that Hurricane fans have shown a lot of class here tonight. You are free to think otherwise, but frankly it doesn't really matter to me whether you believe it or not. When I recieve atleast 50 news articles about abuse in Ottawa and then 1000's of fan accounts of problems, I may begin to change my feelings towards Buffalo, but until that happens, I'm thrilled they are out.

To the Hurricane fans, thank you for posting in a respectful way here tonight. I was pleased to have not read any posts that made me cringe. Seeing as how I got home from work an hour late and its now 1am, I am very very pleased I can go to bed as opposed to having to sit here monitoring the boards and issueing punishments. Keep up the good work, and remember, should any troll hit us tonight, do not feed them. Just ignore them and a staff member will deal with it eventually.

Have a good night,

Marcus

Just ignore them and a staff member will deal with it eventually.

That would be moi, dahlink. B)

I have to say also, to add what I posted earlier in this thread & also to add to your last paragraph, Marcus, that I'm most happy about the fact that our fans (or at least our forum members from here anyway) did NOT register onto the Sabres main forum to post rude & obnoxious comments to their members, & ones that would kick 'em when they're down over there. We've all kept our fun w/ that on our own forums. I'm very proud of our members here.

Thank you folks, for having that class & not invading the Sabres boards w/ taunting remarks. Cheers, my friends!!

I just cannot imagine MOST of any of the Hurricane board members caring enough about the Sabres and whatever the heck happens to them to take the time to go to their boards and log on and post ANYTHING. We simply do not care. It's one thing to ha-ha over here that our Favorite Team To Hate has been ousted from the Cup race, but to take that any further than one thread on our own board ??? (yawn) We simply DON'T CARE. I'm certainly not going to hold us up as better human beings or having loftier ideals, blah blah. I really just think that in the final analysis... Slugs lose / Alleluiah! / on with the rest of the playoffs!

I've noticed that a lot of our board members hail from outside Carolina either originally or in residence now, and have a lot of outside sporting interests. That changes the makeup of the emotion on the board.... not too many folks here have ONLY the Hurricanes as their sole sports interest. All the years of sports loving and watching or participating at various levels of competition certainly contribute to an understanding of the ebb and flow of the success and failures of any sports team, and as such, we do not hoist ourselves on our own petards when we lose or have a sucky year. Time marches on, the next season will come, and we'll start this all over yet again.

That said, and I mean this most sincerely: So long, Slugs! Good riddance! I am SO thankful to the Sens for ending the nightmare that was you in the playoffs. Wide right, and all that. The tradition of Buffablowanotherone continues.....

No one I know is making excuses. We don't think our team played as well as they could have, but the Sens are a very good team. We have no one to blame except some poor playing on our team's part and some fantastic hockey by the Sens. That's what happens...

I just cannot imagine MOST of any of the Hurricane board members caring enough about the Sabres and whatever the heck happens to them to take the time to go to their boards and log on and post ANYTHING. We simply do not care. It's one thing to ha-ha over here that our Favorite Team To Hate has been ousted from the Cup race, but to take that any further than one thread on our own board ??? (yawn) We simply DON'T CARE. I'm certainly not going to hold us up as better human beings or having loftier ideals, blah blah. I really just think that in the final analysis... Slugs lose / Alleluiah! / on with the rest of the playoffs!

I think you and I have agreed to dis-agree on a few posts on the forum but I must say I agree with you on your post! ESPECIALLY the first sentence. I think you and Marcus have summed it up that there are jerks in every crowd and the best thing to do is avoid them!

John

Another man who called Buffalo fans the worst fans ever was Dan Marino. He litteraly said that Buffalo fans are the worst.

You should look up Marino's track record when he came to Buffalo. That's the real reason he hated coming here.

I actually looked this guy up... he came to University of Buffalo to do a talk and only 8 people showed up because apparently nobody wanted to hear him because of what he said on the show lol

Enough of our members apparently cared enough to not only start multiple threads about what happened to Buffalo yesterday, but also cared enough to reply enough times for most of those multiple threads to go past the opening post & become several pages long by now. Pretty funny that these are our teams' boards yet most of the activity over the past 24 hours has been in threads about Buffalo's loss.

Personally, I myself am looking forward more to the fireworks left in the WCF & then onto the SCF. Still more good hockey to be played indeed, folks. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smoking Man: "What I don't want to see is the Bills winning the Super Bowl. As long as I'm alive that doesn't happen."

Third Man In Black: "Could be tough, sir. Buffalo wants it bad."

Smoking Man: "So did the Soviets in 80."

Third Man In Black: "What? You saying you rigged the Olympic hockey game?"

Smoking Man: "What's the matter? Don't you believe in miracles?"

Fourth Man In Black: "The boss gave the Russian goal tender a little pre-game good luck pat on the back. Unseen novacaine needle on a bogus wedding ring. Goalie's a little slow on the stick side, 4-3 home team."

Smoking Man: "Payback's a *edit*, Ivan. Well, gentlemen, if that'll be all?"

Fifth Man In Black: "One thing internally, sir. That spooky kid, who talked his way into opening the X-Files. Feels like trouble."

Smoking Man: "He's mine to keep an eye on."

HEHEHEHEH found it!!!!!

I knew it was a conspiracy!

Pretty funny line to throw in an episode of a primetime show, and people wonder why we think everyone is out to get us Buffalo fans..........did you hear that? what was th...............................aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh